EastEnders: Tyler and Whitney Storyline...

2»

Comments

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh FFS, is right! Who the EFF cares about these two boring, smug, self-righteous twits?

He's never been in a long relationship and has a history of chasing skirt, and she's taking the moral high ground after - what? - dumping every nice bloke who liked her to sleep with a bit of rough? Storming out of her family's house because her stepfather wouldn't turn the children's grandmother out onto the street and latching onto a stranger in a Merc and where did that get her?

She's another one who's always portraying herself as the victim, and no one thinks of having anyone tell her a few hometruths.

Cue this storyline to develop into one where Whitney sleeps with Antler. She'll probably sleep with Joey Branning when and if he ever appears as well.

Jesus, people complain about Roxy, when this girl is the walking Walford mattress!

I hate bloody Titney. I hope they both go. Soon.

To be fair, her grandmother had just been sleeping with her boyfriend, after continually deeming her not good enough for her son. After that,Grandma went all: O, my bad, well, since the closest thing you had to a mother landed in jail for this, you got to listen to me now. Be glad you can, as you are not part of this family, you're just tolerated. But you can't leave either, as I am still the boss here and will need a babysitter while I'm off being irresponsible.I would move out too.

Carol only showed up when Bianca got married to badmouth the groom. whitney has helped look after the kids, tried to help out financially, what has Carol done so far? Getting into affairs and expecting a little girl to keep schtum for you? Meddling with Bianca's marriage, convincing her to break up with Ricky, mainly because Carol was also on her own? At least Whitney tries to put her younger siblings first, she does not always do the right thing, but at least she tries. Carol just causes arguments, but harldy ever comes up with solutions. The way she treats her family is not healthy.

To add to that, yes, Whitney does not know how to love. Loving someone, means giving them whatever they want and having sex with them. You could say she remains the victim, but you don't snap out of it, just because the abusive person (Tony) is gone. Everyone she did love left or betrayed her (her father died, mother left, stepfather abused her and heaven knows how many men Bianca brought into her life that she grew attached to only for them to leave again). This girl never knew unconditional love as a child, so unless she goes through therapy for a long time with a good therapist, she won't learn how that works. She is unable to understand that some people mean well, usually people have only treated her well, right before turning on her. So she is probably just scared of letting them get too close. Not all victims of abuse turn out like that, but there are some that do. You can not expect anyone to just switch that off becausë "it's over now". Those things are never over. One can come to terms with it, but it does not go away.

Whitney's family may have tried to support her, but when push comes to shove, or peas come to Carol, nobody even acknowledged she might feel hurt and betrayed, they just expected her to fall back in line and that's that.

This sort of behaviour made her vulnerable to Janine and later to Rob.

It is very common for people who have suffered abuse to end up in similar situations, kinda has to do with a thing called self esteem that is not as developed as it should be. Therapy is expensive most of the time, so I can't see Whitney being able to get help that easily. Not good help anyway, there are plenty of therapist that don't work very well, trust me I had one that was affordable. He answered his cellphone during sessions, but never answered if I called. That was did more harm than good, to be honest.

That being said, I do not like Tyler one bit, Whitney should leave him and be with Fatboy. Tyler does not do anything for Whitneys character.

Don't forget, Whitney was the only person who saw fit not to cover for Lauren when she past out, but tell her parents, the ones who are supposed to support her. All the others who call themselves friends were just enabling and trying to get Whitney to do the same. In spite of peer pressure, and probably with Billie haunting her, she was wise enough to do what's right. She has been through a lot, so in a few years, she will have gained a lot more wisdom than others her age, this might make her a very interesting character. I also like how the longterm effects of abuse are not swept under the carpet, that just makes me sick.

But again, the relationship, I do not like. Too cheesy.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Yes, get rid of Titney!
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I still think Whitney should get her own spinoff show...

The Walking STDs:
    A Sex In the City-style drama starring Kat Slater, Shirley Carter, Roxy Mitchell and Whitney Dean as they open their legs to every man in sight :D.

To be fair, you'd need to include a few male characters in that such as Max, Tyler and Phil. They are sluts too.

Also, when has Shirley been with anyone else?
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it's safe to continue to not watch EE. It's this kind of focus and anal writing that is dragging the show down. Nobody gives a rats ass about these two - they are not the next Kat/Aflie, Sharon/Dennis etc.. You have to 'care' about the characters and 'want' them to get together. The only common theme I can see with these two is that people want them both to leave together!
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Yes, get rid of Titney!

To be fair, you'd need to include a few male characters in that such as Max, Tyler and Phil. They are sluts too.

True, good point :D. I wrote my post in a hurry. I wanted to add Max, Philth and Jack as well :cool:. And you're right, they are man-sluts of the highest order.

Concerning Shirley, indeed she has not been with many people on EE, but her slutish background has been touched upon with Kevin in the past. She shagged a random bloke and got pregnant with Carly and Deano and was hinted that she regularly cheated on Kevin while they were together - sounds a lot like Kat to me. Also, before Shirley got with Vinnie and then Philth, she did have a few flings and one-night stands - there was that Polish builder and a few others. So let's just say, she wasn't one to keep her legs closed ;).
  • VirginiaDemVirginiaDem Posts: 1,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Identity wrote: »
    To be fair, her grandmother had just been sleeping with her boyfriend, after continually deeming her not good enough for her son. After that,Grandma went all: O, my bad, well, since the closest thing you had to a mother landed in jail for this, you got to listen to me now. Be glad you can, as you are not part of this family, you're just tolerated. But you can't leave either, as I am still the boss here and will need a babysitter while I'm off being irresponsible.I would move out too.

Carol only showed up when Bianca got married to badmouth the groom. whitney has helped look after the kids, tried to help out financially, what has Carol done so far? Getting into affairs and expecting a little girl to keep schtum for you? Meddling with Bianca's marriage, convincing her to break up with Ricky, mainly because Carol was also on her own? At least Whitney tries to put her younger siblings first, she does not always do the right thing, but at least she tries. Carol just causes arguments, but harldy ever comes up with solutions. The way she treats her family is not healthy.

To add to that, yes, Whitney does not know how to love. Loving someone, means giving them whatever they want and having sex with them. You could say she remains the victim, but you don't snap out of it, just because the abusive person (Tony) is gone. Everyone she did love left or betrayed her (her father died, mother left, stepfather abused her and heaven knows how many men Bianca brought into her life that she grew attached to only for them to leave again). This girl never knew unconditional love as a child, so unless she goes through therapy for a long time with a good therapist, she won't learn how that works. She is unable to understand that some people mean well, usually people have only treated her well, right before turning on her. So she is probably just scared of letting them get too close. Not all victims of abuse turn out like that, but there are some that do. You can not expect anyone to just switch that off becausë "it's over now". Those things are never over. One can come to terms with it, but it does not go away.

Whitney's family may have tried to support her, but when push comes to shove, or peas come to Carol, nobody even acknowledged she might feel hurt and betrayed, they just expected her to fall back in line and that's that.

This sort of behaviour made her vulnerable to Janine and later to Rob.

It is very common for people who have suffered abuse to end up in similar situations, kinda has to do with a thing called self esteem that is not as developed as it should be. Therapy is expensive most of the time, so I can't see Whitney being able to get help that easily. Not good help anyway, there are plenty of therapist that don't work very well, trust me I had one that was affordable. He answered his cellphone during sessions, but never answered if I called. That was did more harm than good, to be honest.

That being said, I do not like Tyler one bit, Whitney should leave him and be with Fatboy. Tyler does not do anything for Whitneys character.

Don't forget, Whitney was the only person who saw fit not to cover for Lauren when she past out, but tell her parents, the ones who are supposed to support her. All the others who call themselves friends were just enabling and trying to get Whitney to do the same. In spite of peer pressure, and probably with Billie haunting her, she was wise enough to do what's right. She has been through a lot, so in a few years, she will have gained a lot more wisdom than others her age, this might make her a very interesting character. I also like how the longterm effects of abuse are not swept under the carpet, that just makes me sick.

But again, the relationship, I do not like. Too cheesy.

Au contraire, Whitney was buying her drinks at the Vic. She handed her two and told her she'd cleared it with Tracey at the bar, saying the drinks were for her (Whitney) and Tyler.

By the way, has she returned all the gifts Fatboy gave her, including the car? If she sold that, the money would come in handy for Bianca ... but no, better for Liam to work illegally.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I might be totally alone, but I quite like Whitney. The actress is one of the better ones in the teen group, and she actually helps out at the house with the kids.

I like her somewhat taking care of Lauren, going to get her parents when she was all passed out.

And in the Carol vs Whitney I totally sided with Whitney. Carol was sleeping with Whitney's bf, Carol was supposed to be the elder, more experienced one, more responsible, but all she did was shout at Whitney and belittle her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might be totally alone, but I quite like Whitney. The actress is one of the better ones in the teen group, and she actually helps out at the house with the kids.

I like her somewhat taking care of Lauren, going to get her parents when she was all passed out.

And in the Carol vs Whitney I totally sided with Whitney. Carol was sleeping with Whitney's bf, Carol was supposed to be the elder, more experienced one, more responsible, but all she did was shout at Whitney and belittle her.

What about Tyler? You like him?
    Forum Member
    What about Tyler? You like him?

He is an absolute bore, can't act his way out of a paperbag, has no chemistry with other characters, so... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an absolute bore, can't act his way out of a paperbag, has no chemistry with other characters, so... :D

Haha just as I thought :D. Unfortunately, Tyler was brought in for his looks, not his acting nor character. He's just there to look pretty and cover filler plots in episodes. Pathetic excuse to have a character really.
    Forum Member
    Haha just as I thought :D. Unfortunately, Tyler was brought in for his looks, not his acting nor character. He's just there to look pretty and cover filler plots in episodes. Pathetic excuse to have a character really.

And the looks do not carry a sl. :(
    I was hoping for a while, that the actress playing Whitney could bring something out of Tyler, but nope, it's not happening.
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when you thought you were safe (from these two!). The scourge of bad writing from the present writing team is back to haunt us for the foreseeable future again it seems - as it's obvious that a batch of filler episodes are back on the menu with the mere mention of Tyler and Whitney (Titney!).
    I think Whitney and Tyler should pack up their bags and leave happily ever after like Dawn and Garry did that time. It's good that many others agree the same on here too!
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Whitney (Shona McGarty) grows concerned in an upcoming episode when Tyler (Tony Discipline) confesses that he's never been in a long relationship before.

And neither has she so I don't see the problem. :confused::rolleyes::sleep::yawn::mad:
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These two make even Ian and Mandy's turgid, going nowhere-esque s/line look interesting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And neither has she so I don't see the problem. :confused::rolleyes::sleep::yawn::mad:

I love your reaction :D. Let me join you :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the looks do not carry a sl. :(
    I was hoping for a while, that the actress playing Whitney could bring something out of Tyler, but nope, it's not happening.

Who knows, maybe the new EP will be able to turn these two characters around and actually make Tyler an interesting character :eek:.
    Forum Member
    True, good point :D. I wrote my post in a hurry. I wanted to add Max, Philth and Jack as well :cool:. And you're right, they are man-sluts of the highest order.

Yeah Jack too! Did I hear Derek right the last episode saying that he keeps meeting different 'crumpet' at the toaster every morning? I think they need a GUM clinic in Walford.
    Forum Member

In EE a long-term relationship is two weeks.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I like her too.

As for Carol she's got a history of sleeping around that certainly puts her in the **** catagory. Her children have three different fathers. Pregnant for the first time at 15 and three affairs in the last 18 months.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,950
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Yes, get rid of Titney!

She hasn't since but they could've done it after the glenda affairs. Although i think it was clear phil wasnt sleeping with shirley while he was cheating with glenda ? if they were then it couldve been done that shirley catched something because phil slept with glenda, glenda slept with ian, ian was with jane etc

Concerning Shirley, indeed she has not been with many people on EE, but her slutish background has been touched upon with Kevin in the past. She shagged a random bloke and got pregnant with Carly and Deano and was hinted that she regularly cheated on Kevin while they were together - sounds a lot like Kat to me. Also, before Shirley got with Vinnie and then Philth, she did have a few flings and one-night stands - there was that Polish builder and a few others. So let's just say, she wasn't one to keep her legs closed ;).
    and as said here she's had a big past with men
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    According to What's On TV for the week after next
    she's pregnant. :cry::sleep::mad::rolleyes::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't since but they could've done it after the glenda affairs. Although i think it was clear phil wasnt sleeping with shirley while he was cheating with glenda ? if they were then it couldve been done that shirley catched something because phil slept with glenda, glenda slept with ian, ian was with jane etc

and as said here she's had a big past with men

Indeed, Mona. "Big past" is one way of putting it ;).
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, Mona. "Big past" is one way of putting it ;).

Lol:D:D
  • summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone forgotten that Whitney has chlamydia? That means a lot of other people have it too.

didn't she get it treated:confused: