Is bicester outlet village worth going to?

2»

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    In a word, NO

Have been there twice and both times I was bored rigid. Not much for your average male, I'm afraid.:(

DITTO from an average woman.

It's all pretentious designer stuff that didn't sell elsewhere.

I was very disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not being a keyboard warrior at all. Simply stating facts, and not trying to press home a dislike of the place by presenting wildly inflated samples of what people could be expected to pay if they go there.

I've been to the outlets there a few times and it has been exactly as Elissa describes. Often just single items and a general lack of M or L sized. Prices in the many hundreds. I bought a this-season Boss coat in Brum for a few hundred which was less than the prices at the Bicester outlet and much more mainstream in style

Its worth a punt going there, but be prepared to come away empty handed and dont expect many bargains - UGGs for friend were cheaper elsewhere, Ted Baker prices similar to high street, Ralph Lauren some cheaper shirts, Alexander McQueen some cheaper items, Jimmy Choo cheaper but very limited in style and size
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DITTO from an average woman.

It's all pretentious designer stuff that didn't sell elsewhere.

I was very disappointed.

Me too. I knew that it was mainly for designer brands and wouldn't really find anything to fit me but I just didn't enjoy it there. The Kipling store was nice but that's about it!! There's other Outlet villages that I would rather go to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be worth it just for the moules frites at Villandry, but doesn't look like they're on the menu anymore :0/
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's shite
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Fans/knockers will be pleased/disappointed when they knock down the Tesco store and expand The Village.
  • Sesay2000Sesay2000 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry though, Tesco are building a much bigger store across the road so people can still buy their F&F clothes. ;-)

I hate going to Bicester Village for two reasons, it's a hideously stressful place to park and it's too crowded. (When I was a teen I used to take the bus but that for some reason used to drop me off on a grass verge a short walk from the centre). Much prefer the Great Western Outlet in Swindon, especially as it's indoors!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Swindon outlet is better.