✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsJoaquin wrote: »
    I have a feeling the last is going to be very rushed :(

as for Rae & Finn my speculation is

I have a feeling something bad is going to happen between Rae & Liam and somehow Finn is there to help her, but I think it will be the same as last series a few scenes towards the end, the shows writer did say it has a satisfying ending but there is so much to tie up at this point, I just dont think they have the time to have a proper ending like I said its going to be very rushed I think

I'd like to see Rae back with Finn. Felt disappointed in Liam in tonight's episode.

But why does the last episode need to be so rushed? Surely there'll be another series, so no need to tie everything up with a neat bow next week?
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there is going to be another series I can see the end of this series being open ended like maybe the gang gets back together but other things are left till the new series.

I think they might try and tie everything up though as at the end of S1 they didnt know if they were going to get another series and tried to tie everything up then it could be the same here. Has anyone heard any rumours of there being a series 3?
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I watched next weeks episode on 4od. A few queries.
    I am a little confused about the Chloe situation. When reading Chloe's diary, Rae noted how Chloe wrote how differently the situations happened. For example Chloe saying Rae was really pretty, also the time she asked if she could leave to meet that guy. Did Rae imagine her saying worse then? Bit confused by that entire thing.
    Well memory is infallible so Rae could have remembered things differently or her mood could have affected the way she interpreted events. Rae is quite self involved sometimes, but similarly so is Chloe. If two friends wrote an account of the same day they'd probably be quite different.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched next weeks episode on 4od. A few queries.
    I am a little confused about the Chloe situation. When reading Chloe's diary, Rae noted how Chloe wrote how differently the situations happened. For example Chloe saying Rae was really pretty, also the time she asked if she could leave to meet that guy. Did Rae imagine her saying worse then? Bit confused by that entire thing.
    People always remember things differently. We already know Rae's interpretation of events isn't necessarily exactly what actually happened but are often her own feelings projected onto a situation (as is the same for everyone). For example when she was convinced people at the bowling alley and the football match were laughing at the sight of her and Finn together. In reality they probably hadn't even noticed them.

I don't doubt that there have been times when Rae has thought worse of Chloe in a moment than what was actually said (in her mind Chloe is a friend but is often a bitch - so she will often take what Chloe says in a bitchy way) and I don't doubt that Chloe remembers things slightly differently than how they happened as well. Perhaps seeing herself as friendly, more supportive than she really is at times. I expect the reality is somewhere in the middle.

What the episode did every well (imo) is show that we're all often wrapped up in our own lives that we don't always notice what's going on with other people. It allowed Rae to see herself from someone else's point of view (and she can be self absorbed) but rather than give her the push she needed to change she took the self-destructive route because Rae doesn't value herself at all and all she can see is proof that she is a terrible person.

I can see why a lot of people might not have liked the episode though - particularly the ending - but I thought that was heartbreakingly realistic. I wanted Rae to go and look for Chloe who is clearly in trouble but instead she went to the boy who tells her that she is ugly and broken because its easier to sleep with him than demand more for herself and because he validates her own self destructive feelings. Its incredibly sad to watch :(

Finn needs to come back and give Liam a 'boot up the arse'. But I can't see Rae walking away from Liam any time soon. I have a feeling the last episode is not going to give us any happy endings :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kat180 wrote: »
    People always remember things differently. We already know Rae's interpretation of events isn't necessarily exactly what actually happened but are often her own feelings projected onto a situation (as is the same for everyone). For example when she was convinced people at the bowling alley and the football match were laughing at the sight of her and Finn together. In reality they probably hadn't even noticed them.

I don't doubt that there have been times when Rae has thought worse of Chloe in a moment than what was actually said (in her mind Chloe is a friend but is often a bitch - so she will often take what Chloe says in a bitchy way) and I don't doubt that Chloe remembers things slightly differently than how they happened as well. Perhaps seeing herself as friendly, more supportive than she really is at times. I expect the reality is somewhere in the middle.

What the episode did every well (imo) is show that we're all often wrapped up in our own lives that we don't always notice what's going on with other people. It allowed Rae to see herself from someone else's point of view (and she can be self absorbed) but rather than give her the push she needed to change she took the self-destructive route because Rae doesn't value herself at all and all she can see is proof that she is a terrible person.

I can see why a lot of people might not have liked the episode though - particularly the ending - but I thought that was heartbreakingly realistic. I wanted Rae to go and look for Chloe who is clearly in trouble but instead she went to the boy who tells her that she is ugly and broken because its easier to sleep with him than demand more for herself and because he validates her own self destructive feelings. Its incredibly sad to watch :(

Finn needs to come back and give Liam a 'boot up the arse'. But I can't see Rae walking away from Liam any time soon. I have a feeling the last episode is not going to give us any happy endings :(
    I really can't see how they can solve all the mess in one 45 minute episode I read that the series as a satisfying end and there no cliff hangers? .Episode 6 completely turned everything upside .. I mean are we supposed to know think that all the events we've scene from Rae POV didn't happen? or was it just an exercise in showing that everyone sees stuff differently?:confused: .As for Finn ... phftt the way this show is going I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes from back from Leeds.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was late coming to this show. I saw the trailers for the first series but thought I would hate it and didn't watch. Figured I was too much of an old bird to enjoy it. It was only something - and I've no idea what - caught my attention in a trailer for the first or second ep of series 2 a few weeks back that made me a little curious so I watched the first episode of series 1 on catch up. Flipping hooked!

Caught up with E4 episodes watching them back to back but I'm so used to watching them one after the other I'm getting impatient waiting a whole week to find out what happens next. :blush::D You have no idea how hard it is for me not to click on the spoilers here. I'm terribly proud of my restraint so far. :cool:

This is a very well written drama with a lovely mix of silly and serious with a great soundtrack and acting so I would be surprised if it didn't get another series.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump

Wow what an episode that was!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Bump

Wow what an episode that was!!!

Wasn't it just. Had me hooked the way the series one episodes did.. One of the best episodes so far. Fingers crossed they make another series.

Edited to delete comments incase spoils it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Apologies, haven't mastered spoilers yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it just. Had me hooked the way the series one episodes did. Loved seeing Chloe's story. If I had to change anything I would have liked Rae to go after Chloe herself at the end instead of going to Liam. But all in all one of the best episodes so far. Fingers crossed they make another series.

Yes, fingers crossed. It was great viewing everything from Chloe's perspective. It demonstrates that beneath her catty exterior, she's a really sweet girl with insecurities just like everyone else.
    I must admit I was disappointed in Rae going off to sleep with Liam, when I expected her to be out looking for Chloe instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, fingers crossed. It was great viewing everything from Chloe's perspective. It demonstrates that beneath her catty exterior, she's a really sweet girl with insecurities just like everyone else.
    I must admit I was disappointed in Rae going off to sleep with Liam, when I expected her to be out looking for Chloe instead.

Agreed.

I've edited my post since you quoted me so if you think I've said anything that could be b considered a spoiler would you mind editing your post where you quoted me. Sorry!! :-) i'm fairly new to the TV section and didn't think. Because i'm posting on my phone the buttons are too wee to work out what blinking one is the spoilers button :-o Thanks.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it just. Had me hooked the way the series one episodes did.. One of the best episodes so far. Fingers crossed they make another series.

Edited to delete comments incase spoils it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Apologies, haven't mastered spoilers yet.
    It was hooking and to do spoilers you just need to type Without the space and where my space is you'd write the spoiler :p
    It really was.

I was disappointed in that too tbh. I honestly thought she'd go look herself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

I've edited my post since you quoted me so if you think I've said anything that could be b considered a spoiler would you mind editing your post where you quoted me. Sorry!! :-) i'm fairly new to the TV section and didn't think. Because i'm posting on my phone the buttons are too wee to work out what blinking one is the spoilers button :-o Thanks.

Oops sorry, forgot to do that! I can't edit it now, as you can only edit posts shortly after you originally post them. Though TBH I don't think we've given too much away anyway, so nothing to worry about. :)
  • cc264cc264 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    the last episode...ep7 watched on 4oD:
    was amazing! So emotional at parts :cry: (Chloe's not wanting to leave Ian, Rae with Kester, the new bedroom) and it really is kudos to the actors. Loved the ending - had a :o:D moment!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cc264 wrote: »
    was amazing! So emotional at parts :cry: (Chloe's not wanting to leave Ian, Rae with Kester, the new bedroom) and it really is kudos to the actors. Loved the ending - had a :o:D moment!!

Me too. Hope there's a series 3!
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's episode on E4 was great! A nice little twist on things, and it effectively cast doubt on Rae's veracity as a storyteller. It sort of suggests Rae was a bitch, and certain little looks from Izzy last night helped sell this for me. The way she was with Liam at the end also had me wondering can we trust Rae's version of eventd concerning their friendship/relationship?
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I found it interesting how Chloe owned a perfume 13 years before it even existed. ;)
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it interesting how Chloe owned a perfume 13 years before it even existed. ;)

The Britney perfume? I thought that too lol
  • chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    cc264 wrote: »

Me too!
    Thought the last episode was amazing, tears running down my face and laughing too. Was praying for the ending to be what it was and im glad she finally got shot of Liam. Cant see there beung a series 3, they did say that we would all ve left satisfued by the endung and that I was.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    loopilou wrote: »
    The Britney perfume? I thought that too lol

Haha me three!! The bottle really stood out.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I mentioned that to Darren, who plays Danny, and he said he hadn't seen the episode back to see it but I thought it was really noticeable too! I know it's Britney, but it's quite a recognisable bottle for a perfume :blush:
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched the final episode and I was impressed not rushed in slightest I was happy with how it ended.
    Infact half of me hopes they leave it with the ending it had although id love another series.
    :):)
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    loopilou wrote: »
    I have watched the final episode and I was impressed not rushed in slightest I was happy with how it ended.
    Infact half of me hopes they leave it with the ending it had although id love another series.
    :):)

I really liked how they ended it as well. Would love another series though.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found watching this series that I much prefer Chloe as a character, she could have been the main in her own show, far more interesting than Rae, who I don't like as a character.

Chloe's played by a great actress, and the characters great: you can like her, dislike her and relate to her all in one.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mostly just dislike Chloe :D