Which show is everyone looking forward to the most?

So, the night's are drawing in and new seasons will be starting in earnest. I wondered which show are people most looking forward to.
For me it's The Walking Dead - talk about a cliff hanger from the last season.

Comments

• ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who and Witches of East End
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who obviously. But also Grimm and Supernatural!
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura1981 wrote: »
    For me it's The Walking Dead - talk about a cliff hanger from the last season.

Am I the only one who got bored senseless with the Walking Dead? I enjoyed it early on, but it got really, really slow - zombie pace, similar to Falling Skies (which at least has shorter seasons).

I'm going to be looking forward to The 100. Was surprised that I enjoyed the first season.
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    Am I the only one who got bored senseless with the Walking Dead? I enjoyed it early on, but it got really, really slow - zombie pace, similar to Falling Skies (which at least has shorter seasons).

I stopped watching after season 1. It wasn't that it got boring just that I'm not a fan of the post-apocalyptic genre in general or shows where you never knew which cast member was going to die next!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead
    Doctor Who
    Constantine
    Atlantis (season 1 was a mess but want to see if they have improved by season 2)
    Agents of shield (only in a small way. if it goes in the direction i think it might, then im out)
    Once upon a time
    Forever
    Agent Carter
    Galavant
    Sleepy Hollow
    Gotham
    The Last Man of earth
    Heroes: Reborn
    The Vampire Diaries
    The Flash
    IZombie
    The Messengers
    12 Monkeys
    The Librarians

Some of these premiere next year but within the next television season, i am looking forward to these shows.
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead
    Doctor Who
    Constantine
    Atlantis (season 1 was a mess but want to see if they have improved by season 2)
    Agents of shield (only in a small way. if it goes in the direction i think it might, then im out)
    Once upon a time
    Forever
    Agent Carter
    Galavant
    Sleepy Hollow
    Gotham
    The Last Man of earth
    The Vampire Diaries
    The Flash
    IZombie
    The Messengers
    12 Monkeys
    The Librarians

Some of these premiere next year but within the next television season, i am looking forward to these shows.

11 of those I haven't even heard of :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead
    Doctor Who
    Constantine
    Once upon a time
    Forever
    Agent Carter
    Galavant
    Sleepy Hollow
    Gotham
    The Last Man of earth
    The Vampire Diaries
    The Flash
    IZombie
    The Messengers
    12 Monkeys
    The Librarians

Doctor Who goes without saying. Saturday nights are only complete with his adventures in space and time.

Heroes Reborn .... mixed feelings. It could be brilliant if it has the quality of the first season. If it has the qualities of the final season, then it'll be dire.

If the Librarians is similar to the films it'll be enjoyable, but for some a little too much like Warehouse 13.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead
    Doctor Who
    Gotham
    and Agent Carter for me
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    z-Nation, what TV has been lacking for so long, a post apocalyptic zombie series

Just kidding, actually I'd say

Intruders
    Sons of Anarchy
    Constantine
    The League
    The Blacklist
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead- I don't think I'll ever get sick of it, although I like some Seasons better than others.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gotham
    sons of anarchy

are the only two that i am excited for right now
  • Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    moonlily wrote: »
    The Walking Dead- I don't think I'll ever get sick of it, although I like some Seasons better than others.

Season 3 was really slow paced, season 4 was better, but the season 5 trailer looks amazing.
  • Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Also, The Strain. I know vampires have been over done of late, but I am looking forward to GdT's take on it.
  • alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The flash, Arrow is my favourite show so I have high expectations of this spinoff.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boardwalk Empire final season.
    GoT Season 5, next year.
    Hannibal season 3, whenever.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, The Strain. I know vampires have been over done of late, but I am looking forward to GdT's take on it.

Watching that at US pace at the moment. It's really good fun. It's also been renewed for the second season already
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones....next year for that though.
    True Detective
    Arrow
    Gotham
    The Walking Dead
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrow
    The Flash
    Doctor Who
    Agents Of Shield
    Agent Carter
    American Horror Story
    Grimm
    Possibly Sleepy Hollow
    Gotham
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been watching that at US pace; starts off slow but really starts to get going a few episodes in .... very, very good.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to watch The strain at US pace but Watch have it set for an autumn premiere so i might watch it UK pace as i am watching so much at the moment.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from ones already mentioned... possibly </scorpion> (apparently that's how it's being stylised according to Wiki)

I say possibly as I like the premise but wasn't really grabbed by the initial trailer.

A dramatised version of real-life IT genius Walter O'Brien, who recruits other geniuses to help solve complex problems of the world. The show's technical hacking sequences will also feature genuine hacker tools and techniques.

Stars Robert Patrick.

Trailer.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead.
    Season 4 ended on a deliciously mysterious cliffhanger, so I'm interested to see where Season 5 will lead.

The Returned.
    Loved Season 1 of this fantastic French series and it ended on a excellent cliffhanger that left you wanting more like a drug addict on cocaine. Like TWD, a lot of mystery surrounding the events at the end of the season. Unfortunately, Season 2 has been delayed though, so I may have to watch the upcoming US remake until it returns.

The 100.
    I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's better than your average CW show. Initially I thought it'd be *insert any soapy CW teen show of your liking* meets Lost with teenagers. But I gotta give it credit, it's more mature and darker than I thought it would be. It does rip off Lost somewhat, but they're not the first to do that. That's not to say I'm screaming down the house to watch Season 2, but they have my attention. Let's see where they take it.

Utopia.
    Didn't think Series 2 was as good as Series 1. A bit of a letdown really. That's not to say it was terrible - the prequel episode for example was the best episode of the whole series for me. But I felt they took a few missteps with the story. The final couple of twists in the concluding episode of Series 2 were silly as well and the writers press the reset button on the show to a certain extent. My hopes for Series 3 aren't great as a result. All that said, I'm still interested to see how the writers approach Series 3.

Other than that - not much else really. I use to like Game of Thrones at the beginning, but I lost interest as time went on. I'm more of a casual viewer now. Many of the shows I use to look forward to watching aren't airing anymore. I watch a lot of crap/average TV these days. Genre TV (sci-fi in particular) is suffering a bit at the moment IMO.

In terms of upcoming new shows, I'm looking forward to Gotham, The Messengers, 12 Monkeys, Z Nation, Heroes: Reborn. And one or two others I can't quite remember. I have a feeling most of them will be crap, but I'll give them a try nonetheless. One of them may turn out to be a hit. We'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who definitely, and I'm really looking forward to Arrow coming back and Constantine starting. :D
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    How to get away with murder
    The walking dead
    And especially Gotham!
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orphan Black