Options

shameless season 5 us pace

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Shameless returns on Sunday (11th jan)

I love this show and it has stayed fantastic unlike our British version that went down hill after season 2.

I wonder how frank will cope now he has a new liver?

Will he stop drinking?
Probably not lol

Comments

• Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the S5 première, it's a good one. :D
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last season I really liked Lip's character development. With Fiona having a crisis it was good to see him step up. However, I had sympathy for Fiona as she had been holding the family together all her life so its understandable she lost control.

Looking forward to this season <333
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait. I love the show. And Emmy Rossum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I can't wait. I love the show. And Emmy Rossum.

After watching the 1st series I fell in love with emmy, both her zoeey deschannel are the two women I'd leave the wife for
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    "Friends don't rape friends!"

"Plenty of guys would kill to be raped by you"

This show is so f**ked up :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless is one of those shows that gets away with being OTT and outrageous. Season 5 is so good so far. Still think it was a crime that Emmy rossum got zero emmy or golden globe noms at all. She pretty much stole the whole of season 4 with the material they gave her.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That explosion was hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Mandy. The scene where Lip couldn't return her 'I love you' was heart-breaking, but then they topped it by having her leave without saying goodbye to anyone.

And 'You date-raped me!' 'We were on a date??' made me laugh. I liked how they dealt with the whole situation. Debbie hasn't really got a clue what she's done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie really disappointed me. I hope some form of Karma gets to her.

Fiona's guy who she picked up at the bar OMG he was delicious.

The Mandy scene was heart breaking. Lip can be such an ass sometimes. However, if he does not love her then he should back off and Ian cannot expect Lip to make Mandy not leave. Its her decision even if it a terrible one.

Frank is horrible. Sheila leaving him though <333 I am surprised Shelia did not notice Sammy was really just trying to get her Dads attention, Sheila was a bit of a cow towards her.

When is Jimmy / Steve returning :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's baaaaack......

This season is lacking something IMO. Micky not as much fun now he's with Ian most of the time :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    He's baaaaack......

This season is lacking something IMO. Micky not as much fun now he's with Ian most of the time :(

I agree that micky seems a bit "different " but it seems they could be allowing one of the his brothers come in and maybe get a bigger part
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Mickey more now. The actor is excellent. They are giving him more to do, and he is delivering.

Jimmy/Steve I'm not so glad about. He's a git. Sending in a stalking horse to see what Fiona was doing? That's just creepy.

Kev trying to chat up the woman at the playground was hilarious. He's such a big, dumb lummox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Mickey and his character development has been one of the best parts of the show. Noel Fisher's performances goes from strength to strength.

As for Steve's return. It would of been better if they had not had him appear at the end of season 4. They should of had that woman keep appearing and talking to Fiona, to make the audience confused on her motives. As we had already met her in the final scene of season 4, her motives for her appearances in the cafe were obvious and would eventually build to Steve's reappearance. I couldn't stand Steve, and for me, he was the biggest flaw of season 2-3. I think the show has moved well and truly without him. Hopefully he isn't around for long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noel Fisher delivers again. What a performance.

He wasn't alone this week, as Cameron Monaghan and Emmy Rossum were outstanding too.

The episode was heart-breaking at times, especially the ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Fiona doesn't end up pregnant followed by a who's the daddy storyline
    It seemed that way to me as she had sex with two guys within hours of each other
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Steve / Jimmy returning. It adds another massive wrench into the whole story.

They're totally doing a "Who's the daddy" Storyline.

I get the feeling we will get a big turning point with Frank. Something is going to happen this season. The edit has been extremely negative for him, more than usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Probably will be a pregnancy, but I fu**ing hope not! Can't stand the sound of crying babies, and we already have 3 of them FFS.

Noel Fisher was superb this week. No episode next week :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Fiona would keep the baby. She has enough looking after her family. Another one in the mix would be tough]

As for Noel Fisher, can i just say two words. EMMY NOMINATION.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Fiona would keep the baby. She has enough looking after her family. Another one in the mix would be tough]

As for Noel Fisher, can i just say two words. EMMY NOMINATION.

I hope he does get an emmy nomination because his performances so far have been some of the estate in the last 5 seasons.......and that is saying something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess Jimmy is gone for good now. Kinda pointless bringing him back if he is.

Have they forgotten about the 'Lesbians' trying to buy everything? It hasn't been mentioned in a few episodes.
  • Options
    rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching regularly when Sheila ran off. In my option she was the best character. I did catch part of the last episode and thought Ian's performance of him being zoned out was excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rkolsen wrote: »
    I stopped watching regularly when Sheila ran off. In my option she was the best character. I did catch part of the last episode and thought Ian's performance of him being zoned out was excellent.

Sheila's become a bit stale for me. and I have noticed, Joan Cusack seems to have cut her appearances down. She was in nearly every episode for season 1-3, only did half of season 4 and has only done a few appearances so far this season. I wouldn't be bothered if Sheila did depart for good in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked Sheila's exit. Driving off into the sunset in her new mobile home, free of grasping Frank and his awful daughter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sheila didn't really serve a purpose anymore - as shown by the fact no one in the show has noticed shes gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did some digging around and it turns out Joan Cusack has left Shameless for good. I thought maybe Joan had another project and had to temporary leave again like last season but it seems this is the last of Sheila.

Emma Greenwell who plays Mandy was temporarily written out due to filming a movie.