Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a trailer last night advertising another edition of Talk to Me with Terry Tibbs, this time to be aired on Friday 6th March (so this time next week). It's not in the talkSPORT.com schedule yet, with The Sports Bar with Georgie Bingham - who is sitting in for Andy Goldstein all next week - and Bobby Gould listed instead.

I had held out faint hopes that, in the absence of a live 5.30pm football commentary tomorrow, talkSPORT would be doing live commentary on some boxing (be it the fight involving Carl Frampton or Tyson Fury or Chris Eubank Jr). Instead, after Call Collymore and The Season Ticket shift forward in the schedule, it'll be a Sports Bar League Cup Final Special with Jason Cundy and Chris Perry between 10pm-1am.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a trailer last night advertising another edition of Talk to Me with Terry Tibbs, this time to be aired on Friday 6th March (so this time next week). It's not in the talkSPORT.com schedule yet, with The Sports Bar with Georgie Bingham - who is sitting in for Andy Goldstein all next week - and Bobby Gould listed instead.

I had held out faint hopes that, in the absence of a live 5.30pm football commentary tomorrow, talkSPORT would be doing live commentary on some boxing (be it the fight involving Carl Frampton or Tyson Fury or Chris Eubank Jr). Instead, after Call Collymore and The Season Ticket shift forward in the schedule, it'll be a Sports Bar League Cup Final Special with Jason Cundy and Chris Perry between 10pm-1am.

How was the first one? I completely forgot about it.
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    5 Live are covering the boxing from 10:45pm tomorrow night.
  • Options
    esteveesteve Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Just listened to extra time.
    Not a bad show, credit to Matt forde for his improvement
    Not sure I could take more than one show a week though
  • Options
    esteveesteve Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    If that doesn't draw Billy out I don't know what will
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    mogzyboy wrote: »

Frampton is an excellent boxer and will win this easily He has the potential to be one of the best ever British world champs. He will win world titles at three different weights if he stays fit.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »

Thanks for that. For those wondering, they'll be covering Carl Frampton v Chris Avalos as opposed to the card at the 02 Arena featuring Fury and Eubank Jr. It's a late addition to their schedule, it wasn't listed when I checked the live commentaries page of the Radio 5 Live website in midweek. Good to hear that they've agreed to do commentary on it anyhow.

Given that their deal for the fight was probably only sealed late in the deal, I can't help but feel talkSPORT have missed a trick - live boxing commentary would have been perfect on one of those rare Saturdays when there isn't any live teatime football.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    How was the first one? I completely forgot about it.

I enjoyed it in the main. I posted about it on here at the time, saying that I felt it started slowly but got better as it went along and the caller element was quite fun. I'm glad they're giving it another go - I reckon Terry Tibbs could eventually become a regular on Talk Radio should the UTV Radio bid win the Digital 2 licence - but I'm a tad disappointed that in order to accommodate him "Flapjack Friday" with Bobby Gould has to make way, which is one of my favourite shows of the week.

You can listen to the original Terry Tibbs show here:

http://talksport.com/talk-me-terry-tibbs-part-one-150207135481

http://talksport.com/talk-me-terry-tibbs-part-two-150207135482
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think TS got their fingers burnt a wee bit with the last Fury fight they broadcast. It started so late that a lot of listeners must have turned off.
    Can't remember the times exactly but it finished at stupid o'clock and way past my bedtime!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Talksport on DAB radio ?

thinking of getting one and TS is the only non-BBC station I ever listen to......
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Is Talksport on DAB radio ?

thinking of getting one and TS is the only non-BBC station I ever listen to......

Yes, it is.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Yes, it is.

thanks !
  • Options
    Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    You in the States at the moment Mallory? Is 22.40 here!
    Have to agree with most of your post specially Colin Murray. He has really worked hard to get into my top three of most hated TS presenters but he has got there
    That bloody trust darts was the last straw for me
    BTW has anyone seen Billy?

NY? Sadly not Bangla. I was working very late and needed to take my mind of things hence the lateness of the post.

Couldn't agree more re trust darts. Lazy cretins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clinical display from Frampton We got just about every shot in the book apart from a right uppercut and that left hook and right cross he has are very heavy. Good on his feet too. this guy is going to be a real champion
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal 3rd wtf, they where poor this week. Bleeding gooners too many off them working for ts deluded you use to be good not any more u and United fans along with hammers u are so arrogant its unbelievable Up the Spurs beat the plastic oil rich club another arrogrant set of fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Arsenal 3rd wtf, they where poor this week. Bleeding gooners too many off them working for ts deluded you use to be good not any more u and United fans along with hammers u are so arrogant its unbelievable Up the Spurs beat the plastic oil rich club another arrogrant set of fans.

It's March 1st, not April 1st:D

It would be nice to see you post something positive Redunited, we are here to [occasionally] compliment as well as criticise:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope Spurs win today. Love watching Erikson for he plays football like I dream I can play it!
    Chelsea, nah not for me Beaky
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Clinical display from Frampton We got just about every shot in the book apart from a right uppercut and that left hook and right cross he has are very heavy. Good on his feet too. this guy is going to be a real champion

Rigondeaux is the real test, cant wait for that, whenever it happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of the same old teams winning curse Chelsea. Should Costa be sent off yes for disgraceful tackles that are now illegal.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Sick of the same old teams winning curse Chelsea. Should Costa be sent off yes for disgraceful tackles that are now illegal.

I'm just sick of my team not winning.:(
    "Don't even try it Mr Sleeper, not one word". :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God fed up with the liverpool media lovein especially talkSPORT, two clubs I hate liverpool and Man utd 👎.
    Why not talk about other clubs than the top 4 who cares so boring guys please talk lower premier league clubs not just that top 4 lot.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,035
    Forum Member
    They'll talk about whoever or whatever gets them the most listeners and callers..which usually is the top teams.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    God fed up with the liverpool media lovein especially talkSPORT, two clubs I hate liverpool and Man utd 👎.
    Why not talk about other clubs than the top 4 who cares so boring guys please talk lower premier league clubs not just that top 4 lot.

Totally agree. :) You would think the Premier League was made up of only five clubs. Mind you as an Arsenal fan I would prefer it if Talksport ignore us all together.

I came on here because I wanted it noted somewhere that Adrian Durham crossed the line this afternoon with his latest bout of Gooner bashing. To reinforce his point that Dennis Bergkamp's Newcastle goal was a fluke he started making up all sorts of nonsense. However, he also conveniently forgot that Dennis has a statue outside the Emirates and said that "he didn't know that" when Goughy mentioned it.

Here is a link to the DM article where Adrian was telling the whole world that Dennis didn't deserve a statue built for him. Adrian Durham Daily Mail 25 February 2014. How the guy can call himself a journalist/presenter when he can't remember the nonsense he spouts. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Totally agree. :) You would think the Premier League was made up of only five clubs. Mind you as an Arsenal fan I would prefer it if Talksport ignore us all together.

I came on here because I wanted it noted somewhere that Adrian Durham crossed the line this afternoon with his latest bout of Gooner bashing. To reinforce his point that Dennis Bergkamp's Newcastle goal was a fluke he started making up all sorts of nonsense. However, he also conveniently forgot that Dennis has a statue outside the Emirates and said that "he didn't know that" when Goughy mentioned it.

Here is a link to the DM article where Adrian was telling the whole world that Dennis didn't deserve a statue built for him. Adrian Durham Daily Mail 25 February 2014. How the guy can call himself a journalist/presenter when he can't remember the nonsense he spouts. :mad:

Thanks for posting that Laura, I thankfully did not tune in (I never do to that particular show) but it doesn't surprise me one jot that Durham will even lie against himself to trot out more and more crap on his programme, what is the point of him?
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »

He is to Arsenal fans what Katie Hopkins is to overweight people, a troll abusing the power of the airwaves by making controversial scripted statements in the comfort of his studio setting. If overweight people keep listening to Hopkins and reading her articles targeted at them then they are encouraging the trolling. Just boycott his show if he winds you up (not the whole station). Like in the real world, if there's someone p*ssing you off daily you decide whether or not you want to stay around that person.

Think of Durham as the bitter angry ex shouting trash in the middle of the street about something you love with a megaphone strapped to it's gob. They want attention.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    He is to Arsenal fans what Katie Hopkins is to overweight people, a troll abusing the power of the airwaves by making controversial scripted statements in the comfort of his studio setting. If overweight people keep listening to Hopkins and reading her articles targeted at them then they are encouraging the trolling. Just boycott his show if he winds you up (not the whole station). Like in the real world, if there's someone p*ssing you off daily you decide whether or not you want to stay around that person.

Think of Durham as the bitter angry ex shouting trash in the middle of the street about something you love with a megaphone strapped to it's gob. They want attention.
    Because of the Arsenal baiting I don't normally listen to his show but, I came home early and had it on in the background. I agree that there are a lot of good presenters on TS but, Adrian Durham is the one I most try to avoid. I accept that people are entitled to their opinion but, the trash Durham spouts about Arsenal just to get attention goes beyond the pail.

One of my favourite presenters is Danny Kelly who supports Spurs (for goodness sake) but I love it when he takes over the breakfast show. Obviously he's going to be biased against Arsenal but, never have I heard him give anything but constructive criticism against them (or any other team for that matter). In fact he is mostly complimentary about Arsenal/Wenger. The same with Johnny Vaughn an avid Chelsea supporter who gives a balanced opinion on other teams. I know he's not popular on here but, I thoroughly enjoy his Saturday morning show (except for Butch). Colin Murray is also someone who I like listening to when I'm home, especially on a Friday when Bob Mills is in the studio. Again Colin is someone who doesn't let his passion for his team (Liverpool) get in the way of giving valid arguments for/against other teams.

My absolute favourite pairing are Max and Barry (again not everyone's cuppa tea) but, I sit down and listen to their show from start to finish. Mind you they very rarely talk about football. :D

So yes I am a huge TS fan but, how Durham manages to steal a living by masquerading as a sports presenter completely baffles me.
This discussion has been closed.