Bring back WITHOUT PREJUDICE? with Lisa Tarbuck

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
Forum Member
✭✭
Without Prejudice? was a great format that somehow never got recommissioned after 2 series. Lisa Tarbuck showed an ability to think on her feet and would often reprimand a contestant if she thought they were being unfair or nasty. This was simple yet clever TV that sometimes tugged on the heart strings and often think they should bring it back.

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarbuck could read the phone book and make it entertaining. Great girl.
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in for that - I always found it unmissable.

G
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bring back Lisa :D
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it was a good show, probably just to simple to catch on...

In one episode I remember throwing the remote control across the room in frustration over the idiot they ended up gaving the money to ... anything that gets me that worked up is worth watching!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reveal at the end was priceless, and it was often dreadful when the "wrong" person won the prize money- those who revealed they wanted to blow the money rather than spend it wisely. Whenever there was a deserved winner it was usually really quite moving stuff. Proper telly.
  • PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it too, I'd definitely watch it if it was brought back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Oh, i used to love that programme.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Agreed, it was a good show, probably just to simple to catch on...

In one episode I remember throwing the remote control across the room in frustration over the idiot they ended up gaving the money to ... anything that gets me that worked up is worth watching!

Was it the one when they gave the money to the business man instead of the lesbian lady, because he'd invest it, and then the bloody man decided to spend the money on some braclets and a flipping kitten for his daughter :mad:

Goodness, I'm getting annoyed even thinking about it.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive liked Lisa in most things she has done, all those comedies were great yep bring her back!
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember this. Yeah, why not give it another run? :)

But do TV execs read this forum? It'd be good if they did, because there's all sorts of good views on here!
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the one when they gave the money to the business man instead of the lesbian lady, because he'd invest it, and then the bloody man decided to spend the money on some braclets and a flipping kitten for his daughter :mad:

I remember that, they thought he would ultimately do more good with the money by spending it on community projects - the looks on their faces when they realised the truth....

Terrific show, made you think about the attitudes of the 'contestants, the attitudes of the judges, and your own attitudes towards both
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen it - which channel was it on pls? :confused:
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I've never seen it - which channel was it on pls? :confused:

Channel Four- fantastic show, though I'm sad to see it being mentioned here as they could have run it more then two seasons imho :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that - don't know how I missed it?

IMO I can't understand how presenters as likeable, fun, clever and witty as Lisa/Liza Tarbuck are not used on TV more often? They seem to overuse people like Amanda Holden and the same old people all the time - Myleene Klass is just everywhere! which makes you start to dislike people.

Why don't they use the really talented people anymore!? :mad:

I'd also like to see more of Johnny Vaughan on the tv - and also Mathew Wright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too, I'd definitely watch it if it was brought back.
    Me too.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that sounds familiar!! Was there also a guy who gave the impression he was going to start a business, but when he won said he was going to buy a motorbike and bum around Europe for 6 months? Grrr...

It's starting to come back to me now - was the big rule that the panel could ask the contestant anything except what they would spend the money on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this show and really enjoyed it
    I also think that CJ from eggheads was on this as
    part of the panel that decided who would get the cash
  • JaxxfanJaxxfan Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show and would be delighted if it was brought back.

However, I'd appreciate it if CJ De Mooe wasn't part of the show this time - he gets on my nerves more than anyone on TV :mad:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I just think Lisa is great but have not seen her on TV for ages. What has happened to her career??. I had hoped she would end up on This Morning as I thought she would do a much better job than Holly (whom we seem to see presenting just about on every programme!) Personally I think Holly is too young for the This Morning Slot. As the programme deals with so many different topics she seems a bit lost and is basically eye candy while Phil does all the work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is eye candy for Phil too! A recent poster commented that Holly now has a 'baby voice' on this morning that she never had before - and it's true! :rolleyes:

Liza Tarbuck is worth 10 Holly's or Myleene's who are everywhere now! I'd just like to see some different people on the tv for a change - particularly someone as capable at hosting a show as Liza Tarbuck obviously is.

'The breaks' must be handed to the most glamorous presenters they can find - with little care for anything else.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tarbuck has too be one of the least talented people ever too be given regular TV work.

She's less talented than her dad who was a pretty lame comedian.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    I think Tarbuck has too be one of the least talented people ever too be given regular TV work.

Nonsense. And I bet she knows the difference between "to" and "too" unlike some......... :rolleyes: