Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    One name, and you'll know what I mean...

Kevin Bacon.

My heart totally sinks when this comes on, Im crossing my legs with embarassment! especially when he uses the British phrases. (shudders):eek:
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The H&M advert I dont't understand it, all the numbers over the screen ??wtf?
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had more than enough of that stupid tart on the train who can't do crosswords and patronises Yoda.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    The new Beechams ad with Sherlock Holmes missing vital clues because he has a cold.
    He takes his Beecham's and recovers "Ah, the butler did it...."

It's just pants and embarrassingly bad.:eek:
    I've only had the misfortune to see this one once, but it is so badly realised, lazy and the 'actors' are not even Holmes and Watson like in the slightest. If I were Beechams, I'd shoot the ad ***** that came up with this shit (in 3 mins by the looks of it)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil_75 wrote: »
    The Blue de chanel advert!

"I'm not going to be the person i'm expected to be"

OMFG! Cringe, puke, cringe, puke!!!

Ohh, I've wondered what he says. I get the "I'm not going to be the person ...." then for some reason it's unintelligible and I can't work out what he says.

Anyway, HATE the M&S advert with all the awful music. It goes on forever too. Nikon advert is irritating, I can't even make out the song lyrics (something about jars) but it's dire.

HSBC "I take Hong Kong dollars", ughhh.. The song creeps me out now too, since all that Saville stuff.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freesat when she says "I'm 97":eek:
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »

HSBC "I take Hong Kong dollars", ughhh.. The song creeps me out now too, since all that Saville stuff.

I doubt if any Americans know that Hong Kong dollars or any foreign currency exists apart from the U.S.Dollar.:D
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for the Rolling Stones documentary on BBC Two.

"One, two, one, two, one, twoooo! One two, one two, 'ello, 'ello, 'elloooo!"

:mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    The new Beechams ad with Sherlock Holmes missing vital clues because he has a cold.
    He takes his Beecham's and recovers "Ah, the butler did it...."

It's just pants and embarrassingly bad.:eek:

I was just going to say this one :mad:

Then there is another cold cure ad with a girl who's a sound girl ... arghhhhhh !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for the Rolling Stones documentary on BBC Two.

"One, two, one, two, one, twoooo! One two, one two, 'ello, 'ello, 'elloooo!"

:mad:

This!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hate the Go Compare ad with Louie Spence .. I find it quite disturbing :(
  • Options
    LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Confused.com.

The ripoff of YMCA and 'Cara Confused' are getting tired and old now. Time for something new.
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to google who Kevin Bacon was and I grew up in the 80's and I remember the likes of Ally Sheedy, Molly Ringwald, Corey Feldman, Judd Nelson but I genuinely had no clue who Bacon was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

He has the knack of making my skin crawl, and I will never ever ever ever use that awful Go Compare because of the adverts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Freesat when she says "I'm 97":eek:

Wayne Rooney would so give her one.:D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    My heart totally sinks when this comes on, Im crossing my legs with embarassment! especially when he uses the British phrases. (shudders):eek:

I just saw that ad! :eek:
    Just, WTF? :confused::eek:
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I have had more than enough of that stupid tart on the train who can't do crosswords and patronises Yoda.

I'm with you have to switch over now when it comes on.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rickyp08 wrote: »
    For all the people hating the Power of Love song, if it is such a awful cover why is it at number 36 in the official chart just 2 days after being released and currently at number 3 in the Itunes singles chart?

i think it is a beautiful cover and i am not just saying that because i am a fan of Gabrielle Aplin, the girl who sings it, i am saying it because it fits the advert perfectly imo.

We like proper music and you don't :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Ohh, I've wondered what he says. I get the "I'm not going to be the person ...." then for some reason it's unintelligible and I can't work out what he says.

Anyway, HATE the M&S advert with all the awful music. It goes on forever too. Nikon advert is irritating, I can't even make out the song lyrics (something about jars) but it's dire.

Whats the song?
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Whats the song?

It's "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" :D
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I just hate Louie Spence.
    If anything comes on telly with him in it, I can't watch it.
    Can't stand him :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He has the knack of making my skin crawl, and I will never ever ever ever use that awful Go Compare because of the adverts.

I use to hate that bloke .. but now they are being cruel to him I sort of like him :o

Just feel the Louie Spence one has overstepped the mark.

Many ads put me off their products.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just hate Louie Spence.
    If anything comes on telly with him in it, I can't watch it.
    Can't stand him :mad:

I quite like him :o
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to google who Kevin Bacon was and I grew up in the 80's and I remember the likes of Ally Sheedy, Molly Ringwald, Corey Feldman, Judd Nelson but I genuinely had no clue who Bacon was.

Haven't heard of Kevin Bacon either but also don't know who this Louie Spence is, what is he on ?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Haven't heard of Kevin Bacon either but also don't know who this Louie Spence is, what is he on ?

He was on a Sky documentary called Pineapple Dance Studios and I think is now a judge on Dancing On Ice.
This discussion has been closed.