Options

Will MAdonna go to no 1 with Living FOr Love this week?

PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
I notice it's no 20 on iTunes after a few hours of finally going on sale for the UK. Tonights performance at the Brits, where she is apparently doing several numbers and getting a lifetime achievement award should give the song a massive boost.

Although, be funny if Like a Prayer or whatever golden oldie she sings outperforms L4L

Comments

• Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of one unemployed 50 year old DS Forum user who will write to his local MP complaining about it not being fair if it fails to get to number one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    I can think of one unemployed 50 year old DS Forum user who will write to his local MP complaining about it not being fair if it fails to get to number one.

o.O who??:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    It's at Number 2 now
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Already #2 on iTunes. I thought radio thought she was 'irrelevant'? LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Already #2 on iTunes. I thought radio thought she was 'irrelevant'? LOL

Is this anything to do with pre sales though?
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number two behind Noel Gallagher's new song, which is a bit of a surprise because his singles don't tend to do that great. Is he doing the BRITs tonight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Number two behind Noel Gallagher's new song, which is a bit of a surprise because his singles don't tend to do that great. Is he doing the BRITs tonight?

I notice he has a lot of entries in the iTunes chart so his album must be released this week and that's the biggest download from it.....If Madonna does an awesome performance at the Brits she really could snare the top spot...however she already has to catch up on Ellie Gouldings 22k advantage from Monday
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Noel's album is out on Monday so that's probably the reason for the amount of tracks on the chart. I'm just surprised that one reached the very top of the chart.
  • Options
    zohar100zohar100 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'd be surprised if she makes #1, to be honest. I think most of her fans are more realistic these days and would be happy with a top 10 placing, particularly after the Gimme All Your Luvin' debacle.
  • Options
    madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure she will get to No1 but should be Top10. The single isn't released until tomorow the current placing is on album pre-orders which released the track today in the UK. The remix ep's went live on iTunes today as well but not sure how they count.

It's definitely got potential to do well, after the complete debacle of the MDNA releasing of tracks. The album is receiving excellent reviews from the media so far. Will not hold my breath for the usual Daily Mail slaughtering tomorow.
    Really impressed with the remixes and at least seems to be some effort this time round. Just a shame no 12" vinyl or picture disc.
    It's just a shame that so many people can't get over her age.
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »

I haven't heard Noel Gallagher's new song but Madonna has a record 12 number two hits on the UK charts and some of the songs which kept them off the top spot were awful. Frankie by Sister Sledge kept Crazy for You off the top in 1985 and All Saint's awful cover of Under the Bridge stopped the brilliant Ray of Light getting to number one.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    LOL. No.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously Madonna fans shouldn't actually care any more about the charts, she has nothing left to prove to anybody....just enjoy her music for what it is and not where it charts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Seriously Madonna fans shouldn't actually care any more about the charts, she has nothing left to prove to anybody....just enjoy her music for what it is and not where it charts.

I don't personally, I mean we're talking about a chart where Westlife have twice as many number ones (14) as Michael Jackson (7).
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Releasing it on a Wednesday is stupid so I have no idea where it will chart but I am holding out for top 10 if possible.

I'm kinda shocked at the sudden two hour jump from #126 to #2 on iTunes though. What made that happen? It certainly wasn't pre orders as the song wasn't even in the 700s so that's a little confusing.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether the song will go to number one or not, it's a decent song with a good video and I like it but i'm not really fussed whether the song charts or not, if it does then fine, if not, still fine.

What I am looking forward to though is her BRIT performance and I wish her all the luck in the world for that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Releasing it on a Wednesday is stupid so I have no idea where it will chart but I am holding out for top 10 if possible.

I'm kinda shocked at the sudden two hour jump from #126 to #2 on iTunes though. What made that happen? It certainly wasn't pre orders as the song wasn't even in the 700s so that's a little confusing.

Well a lot of brits would have seen the grammy performance and it has had decent airplay from capital and r2 etc
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's at #2 and holds steady at that and gets a boost from the Brit performance I wouldn't be surprised.

I would have expected her to chart at somewhere between 7 and 4 before I looked at her current iTunes. The Radio 1 chart update later on today should give some clues as to where she's sitting.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's at #2 and holds steady at that and gets a boost from the Brit performance I wouldn't be surprised.

I would have expected her to chart at somewhere between 7 and 4 before I looked at her current iTunes. The Radio 1 chart update later on today should give some clues as to where she's sitting.

The Radio One chart update only counts single sales from Sunday to 11:59 on Tuesday as far as I know so Madonna won't be anywhere near the top 40 as far as I know >:(
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes pre-orders get added a little late
  • Options
    zohar100zohar100 Posts: 51
    Forum Member

Hmmm.. it might've been to stop the press running negative stories for the first part of the week about the song falling short of sales expectations.

I thought the song did quite well initially on pre-orders, no?
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zohar100 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. it might've been to stop the press running negative stories for the first part of the week about the song falling short of sales expectations.

I'm pretty sure you're right.
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's an instant grat from her album so all the album pre-orders are added to it. A lot of the sales won't be included unless brought separately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an instant grat from her album so all the album pre-orders are added to it. A lot of the sales won't be included unless brought separately.

If that's true then didn't they make the same cock up last time with Gimme All Your Luvin'?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    she wont be number as its been released midweek, so she would need huge sales which i dont see happening.
    though if she pulls off a brilliant performance tonight she could make top 3