Samsung S7800 - NEW FIRMWARE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
Forum Member
At last, I notice a new firmware has been uploaded (5 Sept 2012). I've successfully installed it. So far, seems a little faster and I notice the picture shrinks and zooms when you bring up the TV guide and the menu seems a little bigger. Time will tell if it has addressed the catalogue of long outstanding software issues that have made this excellent hardware an embarrassment for Samsung.

Link:- http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SMT-S7800/XEU-downloads#

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Oooh DLNA actually works! and first time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi, I tried doing as you said and I simply can't get the Freesat box to recognise the file on the USB stick at all. All I get is 'upload failed' message every time I try to do the upgrade. I reformatted the stick (thus wiping it) and then even made sure to download to a PC instead of a Mac just in case.

One thing that I couldn't do from the website itself is direct where the download goes to, so I still had to download to the PC first, then copy the file over. Is this what I am doing wrong? Seems silly if this is the case, but if you think this is the issue and can suggest a way to direct the download straight onto the stick let me know.

Other than that I am out of ideas, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

thx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    protourman wrote: »
    Hi, I tried doing as you said and I simply can't get the Freesat box to recognise the file on the USB stick at all. All I get is 'upload failed' message every time I try to do the upgrade. I reformatted the stick (thus wiping it) and then even made sure to download to a PC instead of a Mac just in case.

One thing that I couldn't do from the website itself is direct where the download goes to, so I still had to download to the PC first, then copy the file over. Is this what I am doing wrong? Seems silly if this is the case, but if you think this is the issue and can suggest a way to direct the download straight onto the stick let me know.

Other than that I am out of ideas, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

thx

You seem to be doing it as I did, just make sure you transfer it to the route directory of the flash drive.
    If that fails try another flash drive.
    Good luck
    Brian.