Options

Human Dalek - wasted opportunity?

summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
I think that cliffhanger where he says "I am a human dalek. I am your future" was really exciting at the time, but it now falls a bit flat watching it because we know he dies in the very next episode. That had the makings of a classic cliffhanger, if Davies had created a strong villain that went on to live and create stories for years to come. We would look back on that moment as a pivotal moment in NuWho. I know the actual monster looked pathetic, but if RTD had thought ahead he could have created something much better from that episode. I just think it was wasted potential.

Comments

• Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    I think that cliffhanger where he says "I am a human dalek. I am your future" was really exciting at the time, but it now falls a bit flat watching it because we know he dies in the very next episode. That had the makings of a classic cliffhanger, if Davies had created a strong villain that went on to live and create stories for years to come. We would look back on that moment as a pivotal moment in NuWho. I know the actual monster looked pathetic, but if RTD had thought ahead he could have created something much better from that episode. I just think it was wasted potential.
    What about Timelord Dalek as a new villain?
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    What about Timelord Dalek as a new villain?

Hmmm how would that even work?
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Hmmm how would that even work?

When a mummy dalek and a daddy dalek love each other very much and enter the time vortex. . . Dalek+