Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well whoever wrote it I just hope it's the last time, as that double episode was absolute s**t.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its time we had a nice fantasy episode preferably with someone dressed up as the easter bunny and someone else as alice ......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can't though, in theory

if you are blue-eyed, you have 2 blue-eyed genes
    if your partner is blue-eyed, he/she has 2 blue-eyed genes

therefore your child has 2 blue-eyed genes, and must have blue eyes.

[the genetics link is talking about a mutation affecting one of the genes - it would be interesting to know the frequency with which he thinks this happens]

He explained that there is a lot of oversimplification of genetics. That sounds about right to me :D

Never mind eye colour, what I didn't understand was why were they all sitting in the dark without even bothering to open the blinds? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dussi wrote: »
    Never mind eye colour, what I didn't understand was why were they all sitting in the dark without even bothering to open the blinds? :confused:

i did wonder that too.......

it was bright and sunny outside.... no need for candels and torches! just open the blinds a little bit!
  • annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    was Daniel tempted??? seemed strange to move from his surgery to an even darker room with the girl. very disappointed if he was thinking of copping off ......and with a patient . Just after I'd got to like him:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Well whoever wrote it I just hope it's the last time, as that double episode was absolute s**t.

I tried to watch , but gave up. Utter crap. Doctors is normally very good , but the last ones in total darkness simply beyond belief:mad:
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh first post on the Doctors thread! Haven't been watching for long, just since Mrs Tembe was racially harrassed but I do enjoy it. Well apart from today's and yesterday's :o That two parter was utter crap wasn't it?

Were we supposed to be against that Welsh guy? I wasn't. I felt quite sorry for him! His russian sounding brazilian wife was a total bitch, just a less hardcore version of his mother. His so called best friend was ludicrous in his 'hey! I've been banging your wife but that's OK 'cos I still love you! You can come to Brazil with us - won't that be great?!' manner. Per-leeese :rolleyes: He was lucky that Welsh fella didn't knock him into next week never mind lose his temper. And Elaine was quite ineffectual when it really kicked off wasn't she? WAY out of her depth. But if they do move to Brazil can they take Freya's girlfriend Mandy in their luggage? Please? I glaze over every time she comes on screen. There's no chemistry between them at all and I just don't believe in them as a couple. Sorry. Freya and Kevin have more spark which is quite surprising to me as he often reminds me of a 'Ken' doll.

And what's with this blog of Freya's? It seems to be taking over her life. She could barely take her hands away from the keyboard to answer the phone and she was at work! And is it just me that thinks she has the worst haircut ever? It's awful and looks like she just attacks it with the dog brush every morning, if that!

Monday's episode was much better featuring Zara, Kevin and that 'professional daddy' from hell - loved it at the end when she put daddy in his place! What did she know? "I've been a doctor for 8 years" Bam! :D I thought, for Zara, she showed great restraint. I agree with everyone else about those mother and toddler groups (are they called parent/designated carer and toddler groups now?) Cliquey, mind numbingly dull with constant competition between the parents as to who's child does what first. Ugh. I avoided them like the plague too!

Oh well, roll on tomorrow's episode. Can't be worse than today's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    !

Oh well, roll on tomorrow's episode. Can't be worse than today's.

There speaks someone who hasnt read the spoilers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I can only agree with other posters, the episode was utter rubbish - at least the hated Marina was actually good at her job - Freya is supposed to be a busy doctor; not a blogger and Elaine needs to go for retraining, she's hopeless! I've scanned the coming spoilers, there's little hope!
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: Archie is in Waterloo Road! Wish he'd travel south and go back to Letherbridge! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Devil wrote: »
    :eek: Archie is in Waterloo Road! Wish he'd travel south and go back to Letherbridge! :(

yes bring back archie !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There speaks someone who hasnt read the spoilers :D

Oh God I have now :(

*bangs head off wall!*

I can't wait. Really. I can't.

:D
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    yes bring back archie !!!

With his top off :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch Waterloo Road - which character/actor is 'Archie'? Was Archie a Doctor or other?

As seejay said 'with his top off' I take it he was a bit of a hunk? I feel like I'm missing out :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was the first time a long while I havent bothered to watch Doctors to the end so I dont know what happened but it sounds like I didnt miss much !
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I watch Waterloo Road - which character/actor is 'Archie'? Was Archie a Doctor or other?

As seejay said 'with his top off' I take it he was a bit of a hunk? I feel like I'm missing out :(

Archie was a nurse who went off to Africa - who was a bit of a hunk.

I've not watched Doctors in ages, but tuned back in yesterday and was bored out of my brains. What on earth has happened to the show?

Has anyone heard anything about Diane Keen leaving Doctors? Is it true or not?
    Forum Member
    Archie was a nurse who went off to Africa - who was a bit of a hunk.

I've not watched Doctors in ages, but tuned back in yesterday and was bored out of my brains. What on earth has happened to the show?

Has anyone heard anything about Diane Keen leaving Doctors? Is it true or not?

You just picked a particularly bad episode. Doctors does have some very strange eps, but mostly they are very entertaining. The one the other day with the mad " professional dad" was very good. I like Zara and Mrs Tembe who always raise a smile with me..

Someone on another thread said that Diane Keen was leaving and it sounds as though that is true.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    You just picked a particularly bad episode. Doctors does have some very strange eps, but mostly they are very entertaining. The one the other day with the mad " professional dad" was very good. I like Zara and Mrs Tembe who always raise a smile with me..

Someone on another thread said that Diane Keen was leaving and it sounds as though that is true.

I've watched Doctors on and off since the start, but haven't had much time to watch recently. I know that the quality of the episodes varies from day to day, but I don't think I ever recall watching an episode of the show and feeling as bored as I did yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched Doctors on and off since the start, but haven't had much time to watch recently. I know that the quality of the episodes varies from day to day, but I don't think I ever recall watching an episode of the show and feeling as bored as I did yesterday.

you didnt watch the cherry wedding planning episodes then:D?
    To be honest with a few exceptions I think this is the worst cast they have had for quite some time I cant even bothered to get worked up enough to develop an irrational hatred of any of them and that's a very poor show
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that two-parter was riveting, wasn't it? (Sarcasm intended)
    Honestly I really hated everything about it.
    How unprofessional is Karen?
    How rubbish a practice manager is Julia?
    How dreadful a counsellor is Elaine?

I rarely go to my Doctor's surgery, but nothing like this ever happens in it!!
    Forum Member
    you didnt watch the cherry wedding planning episodes then:D?
    To be honest with a few exceptions I think this is the worst cast they have had for quite some time I cant even bothered to get worked up enough to develop an irrational hatred of any of them and that's a very poor show

Yes Faye. we need Charlie and Ruth back.Freya and Elaine are very tedious characters in particular.If Diane Keen is indeed leaving Ruth could replace her as practice manager
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Yes Faye. we need Charlie and Ruth back.Freya and Elaine are very tedious characters in particular.If Diane Keen is indeed leaving Ruth could replace her as practice manager

david you are a horrible horrible man for even suggesting that bring back sarah from Brazil I say
  • barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Agree two-parter was terrible. His partner was as abusive to him as his mother - I also felt sorry for him.

I too wish we could post onto Freya's blog directly - they should have thought of that, as a new way of audience involvement! We could all have posted how she seems to have no chemistry with her new partner and would've been better off with the horrible Kevin who she did seem at least to have some sexual attraction for.

We could also warn her on her blog that posting about your friends in a way that can identify them NEVER goes down well!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy playing Paterson is the partner of Eve Myles from Torchwood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/super/44/da/267035.jpg the lovely Archie for Lotty and the rest of us laydeeeees
This discussion has been closed.