watched 2nd time. Still confused

2»

Comments

• Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joe_000 wrote: »
    This really can't be good writing and storytelling if it is so difficult to understand. I'm not thick

Sorry to inform you but yes, you are. It really was not difficult.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    The trailer showed weeping angels the write ups spoke of the weeping angels are back. And what do we get. They grabbed her ankle. End of story for them.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that it's a question of difficulty or a question of how much detail people need to explain stuff. Some of us need much less than others.

Oh and I found an answer to question 16, who the voice from the crack was - it's was the same actor who played the Time Lord General in The Day of the Doctor so it seems reasonable to assume they are the same character.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    The trailer showed weeping angels the write ups spoke of the weeping angels are back. And what do we get. They grabbed her ankle. End of story for them.

The Weeping Angels should have been left to stay in Blink and not overused as they have been. They were delightfully scary in that.

Now they can be defeated by a mirror.

It was a bit the Daleks being defeated by a flight of stairs in the past until they evolved.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know that it's a question of difficulty or a question of how much detail people need to explain stuff. Some of us need much less than others.

Oh and I found an answer to question 16, who the voice from the crack was - it's was the same actor who played the Time Lord General in The Day of the Doctor so it seems reasonable to assume they are the same character.

Yes it was and was answered by that guy's Easter Eggs video.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't that complicated at all really..
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because if some people watched a episode of Play School they would need to explaining to them

This was all very simple to understand my Mum who is only a very casual viewer and usually needs a lot of stuff sci fi explaining to her managed to understand it

What an utterly condascending post. My aren't you clever.

Consider this: If more than a handful of people have said quite openly, they find it hard to know what's going on, then surely there are obviously occasions when it is difficult to know what's going on. Perhaps your mum said she understood it because she couldn't bear another patronising session from her son?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Sorry to inform you but yes, you are. It really was not difficult.

Again, enough. It was not an easy episode for casual viewers to understand. Too many answers were provided that only those who watched every episode would understand. For the viewers who just watch at Christmas (which are the viewers the BBC are aiming to attract - otherwise there's no point in scheduling it on Christmas Day), the story was disjointed and wouldn't necessarily make much sense.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »

Consider this: If more than a handful of people have said quite openly, they find it hard to know what's going on, then surely there are obviously occasions when it is difficult to know what's going on. Perhaps your mum said she understood it because she couldn't bear another patronising session from her son?
    Again, enough. It was not an easy episode for casual viewers to understand. Too many answers were provided that only those who watched every episode would understand. For the viewers who just watch at Christmas (which are the viewers the BBC are aiming to attract - otherwise there's no point in scheduling it on Christmas Day), the story was disjointed and wouldn't necessarily make much sense.

Happy new year everyone :)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

No she even explained points of it which I didn't think she would get TBH

If she doesn't get something she's not shy about saying so
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

You can say that about watching just one programme of any show if someone just watched the Christmas EastEnders and didn't watch another episode all year it wouldn't make much sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say that about watching just one programme of any show if someone just watched the Christmas EastEnders and didn't watch another episode all year it wouldn't make much sense

Christmas episodes of DW are generally stand alone eps with a christmas theme. EE is usually the resolve of a long running storyline.

I did get the episode. I was thankful that it finally tied up loose ends. But I accept that many viewers probably didn't, and I don't assume these same viewers are of low intelligence.