Jobcentre Plus - Signing on...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eng123 wrote: »
    It annoys me that I pay £13k tax a year BEFORE I take home any money and have no debt but yet by the time I have finished paying my own way, I cannot justify the cost of running a car, yet others who get state handouts can afford to run a car :mad:

okay..... *deep breath*

i am unemployed and on benefits, and signing on for the first time on friday. i haven't worked since november. i have a car........

my car is paid for with the money that I have earnt in my previous job. my insurance was paid straight away in full (a nice £1,300 to be exact) and my tax is not due for 7 months. my car has been paid for whilst i was working, not on benefits....

the only thing my 'benefit' or JSA will pay for is petrol, but that will cover my travel to the jobcentre and inbtween interviews and the vokunteering work i am going to do to get a decent reference and something to do.

btw also i got £14k a year in my previous job so it goes just shows if you budget right, you can afford a car :rolleyes:. if anyone preaches to me about benefits, i am entitled to get back what i have paid into society temporally. i have paid full NIC and PAYE for the past 6 year's after all.

lesson is, dont judge! you don't know the whole story and for all you know, that car might of been paid for whilst the OP was working. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not including people on ESA or incapacity benefit who genuinely can't work and do need transport.

so everyone on JSA doesnt deserve a car because you cant afford one on £13k a year?
    again, budget better then you will be able to get one
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that I pay £13k tax a year BEFORE I take home any money and have no debt but yet by the time I have finished paying my own way, I cannot justify the cost of running a car, yet others who get state handouts can afford to run a car :mad:

Paying £13k tax a year would mean you were on a salary of around £58k a year and would take home approx £3300 a month net.

Are we seriously expected to believe you when you say you are "too poor" to have a car. :rolleyes:
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Paying £13k tax a year would mean you were on a salary of around £58k a year and would take home approx £3300 a month net.

Are we seriously expected to believe you when you say you are "too poor" to have a car. :rolleyes:

Lulz :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Good morning all...goodness, I seem to have opened a hornets nest don't I!

Update is that we have had 8-10 cms of snow overnight and the buses are not running, so short of walking a 20 mile round trip I can't get there. :(

Thanks for all the posts though.

Manta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i too go to sign on today. believe me its no fun. and its like the gestapo in there! only thing missing is a lamp trained on your face. i cant get a job fast enough! anybody got any going. geeza job! i can do that!
    oh must put that i asked about a job on DS lol
    Forum Member
    i too go to sign on today. believe me its no fun. and its like the gestapo in there! only thing missing is a lamp trained on your face. i cant get a job fast enough! anybody got any going. geeza job! i can do that!oh must put that i asked about a job on DS lol

ME FIRST...ME FIRST...

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manta51 wrote: »
    ME FIRST...ME FIRST...

lol ok thats 2 jobs so far. :D
    Forum Member
    We could job share if you like...the commute could be an issue though

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could job share if you like...the commute could be an issue though

:)

na, the social would pay flights! or so some folk on here would think!:rolleyes:
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck Manta..
    Forum Member
    na, the social would pay flights! or so some folk on here would think!:rolleyes:

Ohhhh....Controversial

Forum Member
    calamity wrote: »
    Good luck Manta..

Thanks...just looking for the other snowshoe...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazardous isnt it.. and not getting any better according to the news just now..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh....contravertial!

yip, other thing about signing on is the things you use to search for jobs. give you jobs so far away when you have asked for local ones. does that happen everywhere or is it my local office?
    Forum Member
    hazardous isnt it.. and not getting any better according to the news just now..

It's a nightmare! The novelty wore off about a week ago, now it's just a pain and it's still coming down! That's 13 hours of snow and counting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i took 2 bits of fence and made skis! :)
    Forum Member
    yip, other thing about signing on is the things you use to search for jobs. give you jobs so far away when you have asked for local ones. does that happen everywhere or is it my local office?

Afraid not, I was told about a position in South Wales a while ago, they said it was only 20 miles or so away...I live in the South West...perhaps they do provide flights and that's what they meant...

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long does it take for the money to turn up in your account after you sign on?
    Started signing before Christmas, no experience of new system.
    If this bleedin snow stops work will come back with a bit of luck, can't take much more of this.

i sign on today. the pittance will be in my account monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your a vandal shuttadoor, imagine using fencing... Im looking out my window, and thinking about it.. my fence is wrought iron , will that work. or will I unleash the huskies from the shed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afraid not, I was told about a position in South Wales a while ago, they said it was only 20 miles or so away...I live in the South West...perhaps they do provide flights and that's what they meant...

:rolleyes:

ok will quiz the dour faced lassie that signs me on today. oh the joys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your a vandal shuttadoor, imagine using fencing... Im looking out my window, and thinking about it.. my fence is wrought iron , will that work. or will I unleash the huskies from the shed.

you could bend the wrought iron, take bits of fence and round up the local strays! one sleigh with dogs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you could bend the wrought iron, take bits of fence and round up the local strays! one sleigh with dogs!
    entrepreneur I see..or do you work for IKEA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    entrepreneur I see..or do you work for IKEA

oooer must apply for designer job there then. :D
    Forum Member
    Good luck everyone...gotta go...