Tony/Mandy in Hollyoaks

James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any hope of these two getting back together? Or is there too much history there in the past? They have been through pretty much everything havent they? I have always felt that Sarah Jayne Dunn and Nick Pickard always act really well with eachother in scenes, they seem to go up a level and have great chemistry but I think a big problem with them as a couple before in the past was that TPTB run out of storylines for them and they were pretty much in all their scenes together for about four years.

Comments

• Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I would like to think one day they would reunite, they were perfect for one another and if Grace hadn't died then they wouldn't have split but their grief tore them apart and Mandy needed time away. She has had that know but Tony isn't ready to give up Jacqui yet and Jacqui/Tony work realy well so at the minute... No I don't think their is much hope.

I love Mandy and Tony together and apart and she is my all time favourite so it's great to have her back. I'd love to see Mandy and Darren together...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so, I've heard...
    Mandy ends up with Warren. Brian, the producer, said there was meant to be an affair on the cards for either Warren or Louise didn't he? And I've been told Mandy gets involved in an affair too...so unless they're going to have two affair storylines at once, as well as possibly Calvin/Val...it seems likely Mandy/Warren will happen.

I didn't really like Mandy with Tony haha :o I preferred her in her younger years with Ben and Lewis etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandy and Tony are great! :D
  • ILoveStarburstILoveStarburst Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you remember when Tony had an affair with Mandy's mum? :eek:

I was never a big fan of Mandy and Tony together, I always preferred them as friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt_123 wrote: »
    Mandy ends up with Warren. Brian, the producer, said there was meant to be an affair on the cards for either Warren or Louise didn't he? And I've been told Mandy gets involved in an affair too...so unless they're going to have two affair storylines at once, as well as possibly Calvin/Val...it seems likely Mandy/Warren will happen.

I didn't really like Mandy with Tony haha :o I preferred her in her younger years with Ben and Lewis etc

Lewis was Mandy's brother. :eek:

You thinking of Luke? :D

They were good together, liked her with Ben too, thought they suited the best.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They were good together, liked her with Ben too, thought they suited the best.
    Mandy and Luke were good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooops :o
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooops :o

The only thing that seemed a bit dodgy in recent years with Mandy was when Max went through his stage of really fancying Mandy a few years ago. Simmilar in the same way that we look on the situation and go Eeek, but when Darren and Steph were in a relationship, it seems totally wrong now but that was before Frankie and Jake, and when she was diagnoised with epilepsy that split them up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about
    Cindy and Warren? Seems a better fit.

Also, Mandy goes for the same type of bloke often: Luke Morgan, Darren Osborne, Ben Davies etc
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had left before I started watching the show, I don't think much of her so far
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    She had left before I started watching the show, I don't think much of her so far
    she was great before she left the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about
    Cindy and Warren? Seems a better fit.

Also, Mandy goes for the same type of bloke often: Luke Morgan, Darren Osborne, Ben Davies etc

They do sound a lot more realistic.

And who WOULDN'T go for Luke (Gary Lucy yum!) or Darren..... :eek:

Also, I did like Tony/Mandy, but I think too much has happened between them and that getting back together wouldn't work. However I think they could have a fantastic, very deep friendship that would most definitely work after all they've been through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tink07 wrote: »
    They do sound a lot more realistic.

And who WOULDN'T go for Luke (Gary Lucy yum!) or Darren..... :eek:

Also, I did like Tony/Mandy, but I think too much has happened between them and that getting back together wouldn't work. However I think they could have a fantastic, very deep friendship that would most definitely work after all they've been through.

They did before Grace died and when she left, remember he has been a rock to her since Lewis died, and also since Mr and Mrs C died. It was only when she moved away that there friendship stalled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. The producers could easily get it back on track if they try well enough. I'd be great to see more solid friendships rather than even more bedhopping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tink07 wrote: »
    Oh yeah. The producers could easily get it back on track if they try well enough. I'd be great to see more solid friendships rather than even more bedhopping.

Yeah, I think its right not to tread old water. But I am not a big fan of Jacqui/Tony, I don't like them much as a couple, he could find someone else, get him a new love interest eventually.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Id love to see Tony and Mandy back together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i actually read that it wasnt warren and mandy but
    warren and cindy that have the affair
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calvin and val having an affair or was that peck the other day as far as its going calv and carmel are my fave no more sadness in oaks!!!!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,888
    Forum Member
    I really hope they don't have Tony and Mandy getting back together, it would just make everything Mandy said about why she left Tony (about wanting to be independent/not relying on Tony etc) a complete waste of time.

I prefer Tony and Jacqui as a couple anyway. For a start Tony doesn't tread on eggshells with Jacqui the way he always did around Mandy and he knows that it's okay to disagree with Jacqui and have his own opinions even if it leads to an argument.

With Mandy I always felt that Tony had a big guilt thing going on linked to the fact that he had turned his back on Lewis just before he commited suicide. The relationship between Tony and Mandy was never an equal one in my opinion, she seemed to take everything but give very little back. I seem to remember in one episode it was more or less said that one of Tony's reasons for marrying Mandy was out of a promise he made to Lewis on his deathbed that he'd look after Mandy and I feel Mandy has only really loved Tony as a friend/brother type figure and given her track record with men saw Tony as a 'safe option'.

I also hope they aren't going to have Mandy back to her usual bed hopping antics too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't have Tony and Mandy getting back together, it would just make everything Mandy said about why she left Tony (about wanting to be independent/not relying on Tony etc) a complete waste of time.

I prefer Tony and Jacqui as a couple anyway. For a start Tony doesn't tread on eggshells with Jacqui the way he always did around Mandy and he knows that it's okay to disagree with Jacqui and have his own opinions even if it leads to an argument.

With Mandy I always felt that Tony had a big guilt thing going on linked to the fact that he had turned his back on Lewis just before he commited suicide. The relationship between Tony and Mandy was never an equal one in my opinion, she seemed to take everything but give very little back. I seem to remember in one episode it was more or less said that one of Tony's reasons for marrying Mandy was out of a promise he made to Lewis on his deathbed that he'd look after Mandy and I feel Mandy has only really loved Tony as a friend/brother type figure and given her track record with men saw Tony as a 'safe option'.

I also hope they aren't going to have Mandy back to her usual bed hopping antics too.

I tend to agree that Mandy did treat Tony badly overall in their releationship, she used to dominate him in arguments and always want her own way, but when it mattered she said she loved him, ie: she went to Rome etc and she did think she really loved him as she said at stages, but I am not sure if it was genuine or just because she depended on him. But then she would also always hold a little torch for Luke Morgan? I think she does.

Tony did feel guilty about Lewis, no one can doubt that. He did buy Lewis share out of the Loft which pretty much ruined their friendship, but he did feel a responsibility to look after Mandy because him and Lewis were childhood friends. But Tony really did nothing wrong IMO, Lewis was going off the rails in the big way and I don't think there was anything anyone could do, I am sure that Tony knows he couldn't have stopped Lewis hurting Ruth, but he might have felt guilty.

Mandy would be a bit hypocritical if she were too get back to her old younger days of bedhopping. I don't think she was too happy with Becca and Justins affair was she?