Options

Saturday 4th December SPOILER THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Darcy111Darcy111 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Is it just me, but now AW has gone (and no, I didn't vote for her) the programme has lost something. The anticipation of her awful dances, and the suspense of seeing if she had been voted back each week, added a certain frisson. It all seems a bit flat now. But as I say, maybe that's just me.

You must be joking!!
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had to register on here as there is something I needed to say:

WOOOOOHOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And well worth saying it is too.

Welcome.:)

*Pulls Natalie into virtual conga*
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am bursting to tell someone face to face but my family don't really watch Strictly and my sister doesn't like to know - and she is away.

Who can I tell? Shall I go out into the street and yell it at any passer by? Perhaps not! :D
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy111 wrote: »
    You must be joking!!

Nope, I wasn't joking. I never wanted her to win of course, but some of the fun has gone now. As I said, that's just my own opinion.
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it wasn't a dream -had to check this morning to make sure! It was party central here last night I can't wait till everyone knows tonight - also can't wait to see Gavin being called out first - delighted about that!

Is it me or does Len have some little problem with kara? He is so picky all the time with her - it's like he's picking on the most talented just to find faults. Would it be anything to do with Artemis and this being his first year on strictly and it might not be appropriate for him to win (not my opinion)?

Matt made me really uncomfortable last night - that sort of routine doesn't suit him but fair play to him for giving it a go!

Pamela - I just couldn't see a 40 in that dance lovely and all as it was. Her face just reminds me of 'the joker' but the judges love her especially Craig who never has a bad word to say about her. Each to their own I guess.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to hear this news, and well done to Anne for going out on her best dance!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I am bursting to tell someone face to face but my family don't really watch Strictly and my sister doesn't like to know - and she is away.

Who can I tell? Shall I go out into the street and yell it at any passer by? Perhaps not! :D

Just phoned my mum to tell her - if she didn't have a dodgy hip she'd have been doing a jig in celebration :D
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she disrespected the whole show , was rude and smug . If she had at least made an effort to be seen to be trying it might have made people care .,
    I didnt hear her once say how good the others were , or seem to enjoy their dances ,or look anyway a little mortified to see off a handful of good dancers .,It was all about her and her blessed public .
    Her comment about the bookies loosing lots of money and she hope s they loose more made me want to slap her to be honest

100% agreement, she disrespected the show the moment she opened her mouth and butting in when the judges were giving their opinion about her in week one...good riddance made up she has finally gone.

However What does Kara have to do to score 40!!! she is the queen of the tango..hell she is the queen of SCD it will be an absolute travesty if she doesn't win.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or does Len have some little problem with kara? He is so picky all the time with her - it's like he's picking on the most talented just to find faults. Would it be anything to do with Artemis and this being his first year on strictly and it might not be appropriate for him to win (not my opinion)?

Someone made the point last night that Len seems to have a problem with young pretty females .He nit picked at Rachel, Kelly and now Kara . He must resent them somehow .The same score for Gavin and Kara last night to my non dancing un trained eye was simply ludicrous .
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone made the point last night that Len seems to have a problem with young pretty females .He nit picked at Rachel, Kelly and now Kara . He must resent them somehow .The same score for Gavin and Kara last night to my non dancing un trained eye was simply ludicrous .

I agree with you.
  • Options
    fiffy35fiffy35 Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

What a lovely, bright morning it is!

So glad the Widdebeke has finally been shot down out of our TV skies - so much for the viewers keeping her in!!:D:p

I've always supported a fella celeb in the past, Gethin, Tom & Chris last series (yes, I know he wasn't the best dancer) but this series, beautiful Kara caught my eye & I had to support her instead.

I have been voting equally for Kara & Scott through this year but dropped half of my usual votes for Scott last night & gave them to Kara instead.

Why I hear you ask?

Because Scott started real well but has not been able to keep up the pace and continue to improve. His "journey" has been a rocky, unsteady one and although he can dance (his jive was spectacular) he has not been consistent enough to deserve the final prize.

As for Pam & James - I feel there is something contrived about that couple - I can see that Pam has improved but she's never as good (or better) than Kara or Matt. Pam still appears heavy on her legs. I think the Movie night was Pam's swan song & it will be down hill for her from now on. Haven't seen much in the way of "solo" dancing from Pam so I'm not impressed.

So, I recon it will be a Kara, Matt & Scott or Pam final with Gav & either Scott or Pam going out next week.

Would prefer Scott to Pamela as over all he is far more natural in his dancing.

Any thoughts anyone?????
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Whilst I adore Gavin (and also adore Kara), I have to agree, Kara was sensational last night, she even overtook Zoe in my 'favourite tango' league table, but if you're a blokey male, and especially a sportsman, that always seems worth an extra point in Len's book. Although, at the end of the day, the scoreboard had everyone, just about, in the right position *mutters under breath about Pam's VW beating Kara's tango*
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    My thoughts? Simple(s).
    Don't like Maliona. At all.
    Not keen on Scatalie. Any more.
    Pam or Kara. Don't much mind. Think Pam maybe deserves it more as she's older and she's a trooper. Not saying Kara isn't. But ..... Pam.
  • Options
    allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Hello all

Just wanted a spoiler free WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! as I have to tag all my other exclamations of joy elsewhere!

*does Tsukahara with one and a half twist of the judges desk* WHEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Gavin supporter - but I have to agree; but then I think Kara deserved 10's across the board and was disappointed with her score.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »

I haven't told anyone face to face yet - but I did make a call to Canada!

:p
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts? Simple(s).
    Don't like Maliona. At all.
    Not keen on Scatalie. Any more.
    Pam or Kara. Don't much mind. Think Pam maybe deserves it more as she's older and she's a trooper. Not saying Kara isn't. But ..... Pam.

I agree that Kara and Pam are looking like the strongest contestants now, but to say that Pam deserves it more because she's older and a real trooper is a bit patronising, I think.

Besides, she apparently has more dance experience than any of them!

Hope Kara wins:)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be interesting to see where all the former AW votes will go ;)

May also show how many were spoiler votes rather than genuine viewer votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am a supporter of both kara and Gavin and much and all as I love him there was no way his dance was in the same category as karas. I don't understand Len at all this year his scoring makes no sense to me - I'm not a dancer but I'd like to think I have picked up a smidgen of knowledge over the years of watching strictly.

I personally think Scott would like to leave - I read last week where he said he didn't realise what a commitment it would be and that his wife was giving out to him about it and he looks awful so unwell -not exactly an advert for strictly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I am a supporter of both kara and Gavin and much and all as I love him there was no way his dance was in the same category as karas. I don't understand Len at all this year his scoring makes no sense to me - I'm not a dancer but I'd like to think I have picked up a smidgen of knowledge over the years of watching strictly.

I personally think Scott would like to leave - I read last week where he said he didn't realise what a commitment it would be and that his wife was giving out to him about it and he looks awful so unwell -not exactly an advert for strictly!

Part of the issue is the technical content. If the Judges do feel that Gav's foxtrot with added quickstep (they've commented before at how difficult it is to time either, let alone both) is a good one then that's fine.

Some dances need the technical content rather than just being flashy. Hell, if Craig gives 7 then you'd kind of expect 8's and 9's.

We have to remember that a technically well done dance with less wow factor will still be a technically well done dance.

I have no idea, frankly, whether it was technically well done. But if the Judges think it is, fair enough.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Sorry, Red.
    Maybe it is a tad patronising but I think a win for Pam would reflect the fact that it's a lot harder for her. I'm 55 and could be a lot fitter but I do know it takes a lot more work at this age than it did before. I just feel Pam is more natural a dancer than Kara. She seems to love it more.

The polls are giving it to Kara. They are never wrong at this stage on DS. Kara will take it for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the issue is the technical content. If the Judges do feel that Gav's foxtrot with added quickstep (they've commented before at how difficult it is to time either, let alone both) is a good one then that's fine.

Some dances need the technical content rather than just being flashy. Hell, if Craig gives 7 then you'd kind of expect 8's and 9's.

We have to remember that a technically well done dance with less wow factor will still be a technically well done dance.

I have no idea, frankly, whether it was technically well done. But if the Judges think it is, fair enough.[/QUOTe

Fair point ben I suppose I sometimes get carried away with the 'wow' factor of a dance and forget about the technicalities of it all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie's just tweeted to say she got through ... wonder how long it'll take for her to delete that!

x x x x x
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you Irish !! Giving out to him made me think so ,!!
    I agree with you , I love Gavin but will concede his dance is not in Karas league at all ,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie's just tweeted to say she got through ... wonder how long it'll take for her to delete that!

x x x x x

Ooops, what a twit:D(see what I did there;)) I really wonder whther Kara will win because on past results, it's not always the best dancer who has won but the one that appeals to the GBP. That being said I'm not sure that this constant pushing of Billy Connolly will win any favours for Pammie - she's the one doing the hard work but he's forever being shoved in our faces.