Corrie 06/12/2010: Crashed The Wedding (Tram Week Day One)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Do you just have a hammer to hand in a normal household? hahaha

It was used for the wreath.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    That'll be Owen sent to clink in the new year, then

GOOD!

I always thought he was a cowboy builder the whole "I'll finish underworld in record time" made me think he was!!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Do you just have a hammer to hand in a normal household? hahaha

Of course not. It's similar to when you need a screwdriver and have to use a dinner knife.:rolleyes::cool:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before persuing the thread I would like to say that dedicated fans just of EE should not have been allowed to vote.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never watch Dr Who but always vote 'very poor' in the polls on each episode because they always have been.;):o
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    S.P.I.K.E. wrote: »
    It was so cheesey seeing the tram driver, surely he wouldnt be sat perfectly in his seat like that

There's an effect with Tower Cranes Drivers, Drivers and Banksmen call 'toes in the window'
    When the wind blows hard or when a heavy load falls out of a boatskip very quickly for example.
    The whole Crane rocks backwards and forwards.
    It's an involuntary reaction they put their 'toes in the window' as if they can hold it up with their feet and push against the ground even though it's 40+ metres away.
    Driver I know once pushed the bottom window out of the cab doing it :)
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Before persuing the thread I would like to say that dedicated fans just of EE should not have been allowed to vote.

Some of them were always going to criticise it though I'm ignoring any of the threads they make!

I am also hoping for a SULLA quote this week!! :D
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Not worth the bother - the EE fire at the Vic was far better because you had no idea from start to end who would survive i.e. Stacey, Peggy, Ryan. Corre tonight was just a concept to create an effect anti-climatic and why it now has to be dragged out over the rest of the week as to who will survive I don't know? Doesn't Gail come into it even though she was nowhere to be seen tonight. Oh and I'm sure Network Rail or the Manchester Metro are most concerned that ITV have made it look like they don't know how to protect their viaducts and rail lines being melted from nearby buildings exploding. Oh dear what is there left to say? Jolly good try though Phil good on yer chap!

The EE fire was badly acted rubbish and I don't think anyone seriously believed for a second anyone was going to die.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    It wasn't simply the crash that made these two episodes fantastic - it was the build up. The plot lines, two relatively unpopular ones bought to a head in a way which is being applauded by many; the pace of the programme- short, sharp scenes; the almost amateur way it was filmed worked for me, it gave it more of an edge that if it'd been filmed 'cleanly'. the train approaching was chronic but once it'd crashed it was brilliant - especially the carriage rising in the air and slamming into The Kabin.

A great start to the week - let's hope it can continue in this way through the week.

Except in life in reality it doesn't happen with such timing. It would have been more realistic to have had a normal quiet day in the street with the regulars in the Rovers, Leanne not cheating on Peter, John Stape not in contact with Charlotte and Tyrone and Molly playing happy families and the tram crashing into the shop.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

That would mean one less 'brilliant' vote, as I'm a 'dedicated fan of just EE' (though I do enjoy Emmerdale), and haven't really watched Corrie since Mad Maya (that was such a great week), but I voted 'brilliant'

Also this is what I was talking about in another thread, anyone who disliked the episode, and dares to have a different opinion must be an EE fan. It's ridiculous.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I think the poll result is brilliant. A combined 86% voting it brilliant or good. That's a result.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,590
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    And it hasn't improved him one bit has it?! :D:eek:

NO - it just looks so obvious and somehow doesn't match the rest of his face. :rolleyes:
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    I wonder what the younger viewers thought to that? The closing credits were so funny the way they struggled up the screen :D

Haven't watched yet, taped it, was the Camberwick Green Clown in charge of turning the roll?
    Forum Member
    Hmmm.

Haven't watched Corrie for ages but it was good tonight. The special effects were a bit iffy but its soap, so understandable.

This is what a lot here are forgetting, like with soap's other (admittedly smaller) uses of CGI, usually naff pyrotechnics and oddities (characters never being employed more than a street away, everyone drinking nightly) you had and have to suspend belief (you have to to enjoy soap in general, if you questioned every tiny detail and barked at every as-if-ity you'd fail to enjoy most if not all episodes).
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    I find it shocking that so many people were amazed by the tram crash. It was no better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

Again, that's a film, this is a cheep and cheerful British television soap.
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    NO - it just looks so obvious and somehow doesn't match the rest of his face. :rolleyes:

Thing is...he's so up his own posterior he'll think he looks fab!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ,,,,,and whilst I'm having a grump - does anyone else think Jack P Shepard's hair looks strange? Or is this the latest fashion? I'm afraid his facial fuzz does him no favours either. :rolleyes:
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    What I loved so much about Corrie tonight was the character-centric build-up, and I know that's how it will carry on for the rest of the week.

The explosion and the crash came at the perfect time when the tension was at an intolerable high - residents scattered, emotions frayed, murder in the living room!!!

The aftermath will be unmissable and I absolutely cannot wait.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    What I loved so much about Corrie tonight was the character-centric build-up, and I know that's how it will carry on for the rest of the week.

The explosion and the crash came at the perfect time when the tension was at an intolerable high - residents scattered, emotions frayed, murder in the living room!!!

The aftermath will be unmissable and I absolutely cannot wait.

Agree 100%, good summary
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    Thing is...he's so up his own posterior he'll think he looks fab!:rolleyes:

OO-ER missus! :o;)
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Except in life in reality it doesn't happen with such timing. It would have been more realistic to have had a normal quiet day in the street with the regulars in the Rovers, Leanne not cheating on Peter, John Stape not in contact with Charlotte and Tyrone and Molly playing happy families and the tram crashing into the shop.

This is a television drama and the writers did a wonderful job of setting everything up across the two episodes. That is what drama is about.

And in real life a tram most likely wouldn't crash into the corner shop...
  • .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    Bliddy hell, was this directed by Michael Bay?

HAHAHA. This was better than Bay's work.

I *explosion* can't *explosion* stand*explosion* that*explosion* man. *explodes!!*
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both episodes were brilliant! The best performances the actors playing Molly and Tyrone have ever given.

Of course, all everyone's gonna be talking about is the crash effects, and I thought they were really great for a soap. They actually made it scary when it was coming off towards Molly, it felt real with her reaction to it. The other car smashing down on the Kabin was way over-the-top (especially with the groaning sound effects!) but still believable.

All involved should be given a huge pat on the back! Loved Ken standing at the end like Jack Bauer!
    Forum Member
    I laughed not because it's bad quality or anything, just because i'm evil.

CGI was decent, people were proberbly gearing up to say it was crap before ever seeing it anyways

I do get the impression that like whenever a big episode of Doctor Who's on, some people who never usually take part in the discussion threads the rest of the year round and appear not to watch the show, tune in to have a laugh and to mock (very few genuine fans and regulars to it's section post in the Doctor Who episode threads because of this).

It's far more laughable than that which they're mocking.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what would would you plan to happen before the crash? Sod all? There's always been natural progression in plot lines before a huge event.