Options

MasterChef New Zealand starting soon !

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In case any MasterChef fans are reading this, Watch Channel is going to start showing MC New Zealand from 07/02/11. Wonder which format it follows - UK or Australia :eek:

Comments

• Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is strangely addictive
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know a start time for the show? Me and the husband became addicted to Oz Masterchef and it meant we spent time together!
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Do we know a start time for the show? Me and the husband became addicted to Oz Masterchef and it meant we spent time together!

Here you go. Enjoy.

COOKERY: Masterchef New Zealand
    On: Watch (109)
    Date: Sunday 6th February 2011 (starting in 6 days)
    Time: 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour long)

New and exclusive. Kiwi cookery series based on the hit British show. The competition kicks off with 1000 amateur cooks vying to be New Zealand's first ever Masterchef.
    (Widescreen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=25307

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, have just stuck it on through remote record so i dont forget!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's like the Oz version, I miss that!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well - is everyone watching? I'm really really hoping this will be along the lines of the Australian version, rather than the UK one.

It seems a bit of a bitty start so far, but I suppose that's normal at this stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    it is ok. But what has happened to Ross Burden - my oh my. And to think he did a healthy eating video all those years ago!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is that Ross guy? I recognise his voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    he was a finalist in Masterchef UK (the Lloyd Grossman series) and was guest cook and presenter (of sorts) on a load of UK tv programmes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garumph wrote: »
    he was a finalist in Masterchef UK (the Lloyd Grossman series) and was guest cook and presenter (of sorts) on a load of UK tv programmes

Oh right, thanks. I must have seen him on things over the years without really paying much attention.
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and S2 is about to start in NZ. plus there's last year's MC US. it'll be a good while before Watch runs out i think. our V+ box is going to start filling up again...

apparently the S2 finale of MC Oz was the third most watched show in Australia since 2001.

Iain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wikipedia there were only 13 eps in the first series

* Spoiler alert *

BUT DON'T GO LOOKING THERE AS IT LISTS WHO GOES OUT WHEN :eek::eek::eek:

So I'll be tuning in to this in the monring - sommat to watch whilst eating my brekkie :D

Our MC starts soon WOOP WOOP. Can't wait for the new format - I hope it's an improvement as the last series seemed a little dull :eek:

*HB hides from items thrown by other posters :D*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it yet, but have it on series link. I got totally hooked on the last series of Australian Masterchef, so quitle looking forward to this although I don't imagine it will be as good.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia there were only 13 eps in the first series
    True, in New Zeland it was a weekly show.
    While the Australian version airs 6 nights a week for about 14 weeks:D.

Our MC starts soon WOOP WOOP. Can't wait for the new format - I hope it's an improvement as the last series seemed a little dull :eek:

Starts Wednesday 16th at 9pm.
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first episode this morning. The judge with the glasses (Ray?) reminds me a bit of Mr Mackey from South Park.. the voice is a bit "mmmkay" LOL:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garumph wrote: »
    it is ok. But what has happened to Ross Burden - my oh my. And to think he did a healthy eating video all those years ago!

i think the suit he was wearing did him no favours either

god i bawled my eyes out for that poor woman whose dad had just died :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the first show. Some very good contestants so should be a good series.

The woman who lost her dad, fair play to her for going to the auditions, it was an emotional story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did that woman just say that the Lord told her the answers in the taste test?
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This like the Aussie series is so much better than the UK one tho I have heard a rumour ours is changing this year so here's hoping.

Was gutted the vegan girl didn't get through. I liked her
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This like the Aussie series is so much better than the UK one tho I have heard a rumour ours is changing this year so here's hoping.

Was gutted the vegan girl didn't get through. I liked her

It's not a rumour, it is changing.

Would like to start watching either MasterChef Australia, New Zealand or USA. Which would you guys recommend? I appreciate that NZ has just started here!
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, started watching NZ version on YouTube. Enjoying it but finding the background music very distracting.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it for the first time - quite good, very much like the Australian version, I wonder whet they can deliver that is new? Ross Burden used to be on Ready Steady Cook, but he looks very different ...
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a rumour, it is changing.

Would like to start watching either MasterChef Australia, New Zealand or USA. Which would you guys recommend? I appreciate that NZ has just started here!

Definitely Australlia, it's amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking the format so far for this NZ version to select the actual contestants. Think that's been adopted for the revamped UK version.

So tomorrow we start evicting sorry elimnating the contestants one by one :eek:

My favs are Karyn and Rob (rather hot in a 'bit of ruff' kinda way :o)

It's amazing how in the last couple of years MC spread across the globe. I think perhaps the most unusual ones are Indonesia, Finland (how many different ways can you cook a Rudolph :cry: ) and Peru (what do they eat out there :confused: ). Not a hope of getting those versions over here d'you think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how in the last couple of years MC spread across the globe. I think perhaps the most unusual ones are Indonesia, Finland (how many different ways can you cook a Rudolph :cry: ) and Peru (what do they eat out there :confused: )

Guinea Pig?

http://www.shelfordfeast.co.uk/guineapig.html