Options

Does Corrie have a cobbled street agenda?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Are you stereotyping cobbles and suggesting they are out to do people harm?! :eek:

They so are! How can you say they aren't? You know the thing is when they hurt people not a word is said but when a member of public does something like spray paint on them or years of damage cause a hole ohhh the council get all involved. When it comes to cobbles it's a one way street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    You're right! The number of cobblestone related threads is getting out of hand now! Why can't people just use the one thread for all their cobble-related comments?! :D

Because their cobblephobia won't be contained and they have to spew the hate all over DS, making the site look the biggest cobblephobic site on the net :cry:
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a disgrace. Next, they'll have Australians in it.

It's the thin end of the wedge.

Don't forget we had the pleasure of Neighbours Hannah Martin backpacking around Weatherfield, as you do, a few years ago!
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised it hasn't been tarmaced over for health and safety!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't the street get a preservation order or something after the street attempted to save the cobbles during the 40th Anniversary?
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget we had the pleasure of Neighbours Hannah Martin backpacking around Weatherfield, as you do, a few years ago!

I honestly can't remember that!

I remember the Aussie in EE that shacked up with Minty (after a fashion) but not Corrie. Off to Bing Images!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't remember that!

I remember the Aussie in EE that shacked up with Minty (after a fashion) but not Corrie. Off to Bing Images!

She mainly interacted with Les Battersby if I remember rightly!
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think there are now too many cobbles on Corrie?
    Take the other soaps for example; tarmac, asphalt, concrete and paving stones are all well represented in the other soaps, and even mud paths are particularly well represented in Emmerdale, but it just seems as though these bloody cobbles are taking over on Corrie and the other road surfaces can't get a look in...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think there are now too many cobbles on Corrie?
    Take the other soaps for example; tarmac, asphalt, concrete and paving stones are all well represented in the other soaps, and even mud paths are particularly well represented in Emmerdale, but it just seems as though these bloody cobbles are taking over on Corrie and the other road surfaces can't get a look in...

And this might only get worse when the set extends. We may have more cobbles!!! I mean, what is the percentage of cobblestones in Manchester?
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this might only get worse when the set extends. We may have more cobbles!!! I mean, what is the percentage of cobblestones in Manchester?

As the art of laying cobbles is a dying craft, I understand that they are having to recruit a lot of rather elderly exponents to do the work.

When they all turned up for interview, someone said "What a load of old cobblers!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not cobblephobic but I don't think they have any place on a family program such as this. :mad: They're not natural and they shouldn't be depicted as normal. :mad: At least for this week it's on after the watershed, but I still feel rather uncomfortable.

And before any of the PC lefties burn me at the stake, I honestly have no problem with roads that choose to be cobbled. I have work colleagues who live on cobbled streets, so that means I'm tolerant.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ofni wrote: »
    As the art of laying cobbles is a dying craft, I understand that they are having to recruit a lot of rather elderly exponents to do the work.

When they all turned up for interview, someone said "What a load of old cobblers!"

:eek::eek::eek:
    Are you allowed to say that on a forum? I might need to flag that comment, there are children on half term holidays in this place. Please show some respect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a disgrace. Next, they'll have Australians in it.

It's the thin end of the wedge.

Next they'll have Australians in it? You'd be lucky to have us.
  • Options
    Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of my friends are cobbled
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Are you allowed to say that on a forum? I might need to flag that comment, there are children on half term holidays in this place. Please show some respect.

And at what age precisely do you suggest that cobbles should be introduced into road surfacing education lessons?

Are you proposing that school history books should have the pages showing diagrams of how Roman roads were built ripped out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please won't somebody think of the children!!! They could watch Corrie and think Cobbles are normal!!! This would lead them to want to BE a cobblestone or experiment with cobbles, when they are older!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Next they'll be showing 2 cobbles in bed together :mad::mad:
    I wish my TV had come equiped with an off button :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABS wrote:
    Next they'll be showing 2 cobbles in bed together :mad::mad:
    I wish my TV had come equiped with an off button :mad:

I know, imagine being, like, able to change channel!!! ;)
    I definitely think we're on Cobble-crisis watch here!!!