Options

facebook down?

Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
Forum Member
Was trying to talk to a friend overseas for plans this Christmas but all day I havent been able to get onto the site. All I get come up is just loading circles with only a little of the left side of the page come up. I tried via my phone and that only works a little bit then stops loading. Im wondering is it just my profile or is it the same for everyone else?

Comments

• Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Just tried it through the UK VPN, and it works fine on my end. Clear your browser cache, delete facebook cookies and flush DNS cache ( in command prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns <enter> ), then try to load up facebook again.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook is up and working just fine here. Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the latest version?
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried getting real friends?
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred Black Hawk Down.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Its not working for me on Firefox, IE or chrome.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Facebook down. World yawns.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Working fine for me.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    It's very slow for me today if that helps and much of it is not loading. I only care because I have a business page which I use a lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member

What, like you have on here you mean....

Some of us have business related pages on FB, and yes, it's uselessly slow for me today, has been since early morning.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some of us have business related pages on FB, and yes, it's uselessly slow for me today, has been since early morning.

Really?

Change your business model. Now!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

Do you get much business?

I'd avoid businesses on Facebook (if I was on it, which I'm not), just as I'd avoid businesses who use contact emails from hotmail or gmail.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The one thing I would never do is plaster my private business all over the internet.

I'm really struggling to see why people would want to let other people see or know private stuff about themselves.

Its just mind bogglingly weird and possibly dangerous.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Have you tried reading my OP?

Obviously not...
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member

Did it ever occur to you that the person (or in fact people) using Facebook is in fact in contact with their actual friends? Facebook is another medium of communication, alongside mobile, Skype, etc... But nobody would ever doubt that the people you text or call are your "real friends", so why shouldn't it be the case with Facebook?
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP my condolences to those affected.
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    I'm really struggling to see why people would want to let other people see or know private stuff about themselves.

Not everyone who uses Facebook is a shameless, narcissistic, egotistical self-promoter who is unaware of the privacy settings that are in place to avoid that sort of thing from happening. You don't *have* to put your birthday, job, pictures of your wedding, etc... online. Some people just use it as a means of networking, or as a foundation for it. Once you are connected through this medium, then you can transfer over to other media like mobile, etc...
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I would never do is plaster my private business all over the internet.

Its just mind bogglingly weird and possibly dangerous.
    Neither do I "plaster my private business all over the internet". The only posts I make on Facebook are on a group that's concerned with a part of the country I'm interested in.
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people justifying themselves to the idiot trolls who appear every time facebook is mentioned in a thread title?
    Let them starve.

OT,
    FB is fine for me. has been all day.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Was trying to talk to a friend overseas for plans this Christmas but all day I havent been able to get onto the site. All I get come up is just loading circles with only a little of the left side of the page come up. I tried via my phone and that only works a little bit then stops loading. Im wondering is it just my profile or is it the same for everyone else?

In answer to your question Funk You, which sadly most of the replies to this thread lack due to people just wanting to spout the usual stuff whenever things like Facebook are mentioned; all I am getting is a half loading page, the blue banner at the top where notifications are comes up but nothing else loads and like you just get the loading circles. I can see I have notifications but can't click on them to see what they are.... nor can I play Pet Rescue Saga which is annoying me because I love that game lol. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE, cleared out history, caches etc and it still isn't working. Not working properly on iphone or ipad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In answer to your question Funk You, which sadly most of the replies to this thread lack due to people just wanting to spout the usual stuff whenever things like Facebook are mentioned; all I am getting is a half loading page, the blue banner at the top where notifications are comes up but nothing else loads and like you just get the loading circles. I can see I have notifications but can't click on them to see what they are.... nor can I play Pet Rescue Saga which is annoying me because I love that game lol. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE, cleared out history, caches etc and it still isn't working. Not working properly on iphone or ipad either.

Thank you! a sensible answer!

Least I'm not the only person having trouble. I did do a little test and posted something via Youtube to facebook and apparently according to another friend that came up, but as for actually trying to get messages up or talk to anyone its bloody annoying! not getting nowhere.
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOOD. As far as im concerned im done with facebook.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

Most people use Facebook instead of the phone or text these days when communicating with family and friends.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Thank you! a sensible answer!

Least I'm not the only person having trouble. I did do a little test and posted something via Youtube to facebook and apparently according to another friend that came up, but as for actually trying to get messages up or talk to anyone its bloody annoying! not getting nowhere.

Seems that only some people are affected. I am wondering if it is like when they do updates and stuff and some people get them before others. Maybe they are doing something to the system now and only batches are affected rather than everyone all at once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems that only some people are affected. I am wondering if it is like when they do updates and stuff and some people get them before others. Maybe they are doing something to the system now and only batches are affected rather than everyone all at once.

I hope they get on with it as need to talk to a family member soon as.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Really?

Change your business model. Now!

Why? It's free advertising for my business and is linked to several 'common interest' pages, and it's totally separate from my personal page.