Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes there were some nice scenes with Gethin today. I wish people would be nicer to him. Is it really so impossible to understand why he might be nasty and angry sometimes given everything he's been through. I don't like that no-one can understand that. Except for saint Sion who forgives everyone besides his own family ^_^. Annoying to say the least. (Of course Gethin could be made a rapist next week because all men on PYC have that potential. Sorry very cynical of me).

Meic and Kevin I don't know what to say to that. The stroke will be made the cause of everything. I feel bad for Meic, but I don't like being made to feel sorry for Kevin the rapist. Also contrast between Meic and Kevin and Sion and Macs is really striking to me. I don't understand how such diametrically opposed reactions exist in the same small village.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Megan is really irritating lately. Anyone would think she owns Bethania and all the churches in Wales the way she acts. And it`s not very Christian of her to turn down Gethins offer of a soup kitchen. I`m glad she changed her mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Megan is really irritating lately. Anyone would think she owns Bethania and all the churches in Wales the way she acts. And it`s not very Christian of her to turn down Gethins offer of a soup kitchen. I`m glad she changed her mind.

Gethin has come a very long way if he can work with Megan. She would try the patience of an angel. Has Sion adopted Gethin as his surrogate son? Seem like they are pushing that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes indeed sderr...more of the same. Sioned needs to remember that Eileen is the only Mother she will ever have. She lost her Dad before she could make amends, and she nearly lost her Mother.
    Eileen isn`t perfect, but neither is SIoned. Maybe if Sioned ever becomes a Mother she may just understand how difficult parenting can be. And if Sioned has a daughter I hope she turns out just like Sioned!!! A sobering thought.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Gethin really is a snivelling little weasel. I wish someone would give him a real good toecapping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Gethin really is a snivelling little weasel. I wish someone would give him a real good toecapping.

I am glad for one that Gethin isn't some cliché abuse victim turned abuser. But look of course they can't move the character on. Stupid writers:
    Meic is placed in a difficult situation when Anita threatens to call the police on Kevin. Gethin spots an opportunity to take advantage of Megan's carelessness by making a copy of her house key.

So this reminds me of the storyline when Dani had Gethin steal from Garry. So unoriginal. Moc of course doesn't caught. Hooray!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes indeed sderr...more of the same. Sioned needs to remember that Eileen is the only Mother she will ever have. She lost her Dad before she could make amends, and she nearly lost her Mother.
    Eileen isn`t perfect, but neither is SIoned. Maybe if Sioned ever becomes a Mother she may just understand how difficult parenting can be. And if Sioned has a daughter I hope she turns out just like Sioned!!! A sobering thought.

Honestly all they do recycle old storylines lately. I can't stand it. It's like they have just gone back in time 2 years to redo their old storylines just less well.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    new family we need
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    new family we need

Yeah, but the writers could also move the characters on. They are all stuck in the past and not the interesting parts of their past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It occurs to me they have gone back in time to before their male rape storyline. So every storyline is what it might be if June 2011 and forward hadn't happened. Is that what this is a blatant attempt to distance themselves from controversial storylines?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    It occurs to me they have gone back in time to before their male rape storyline. So every storyline is what it might be if June 2011 and forward hadn't happened. Is that what this is a blatant attempt to distance themselves from controversial storylines?
    I hope not sderr. Controversial storylines is what PYC did best and put it head and shoulders above other soaps in quality of writing and storylines.
    Now PYC seems to be a shadow of its former self. Since Gwyneth was jailed, and Moc went on the run it seems the writers have run out of ideas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not sderr. Controversial storylines is what PYC did best and put it head and shoulders above other soaps in quality of writing and storylines.
    Now PYC seems to be a shadow of its former self. Since Gwyneth was jailed, and Moc went on the run it seems the writers have run out of ideas.

Absolutely. I hope I'm wrong but every storyline seems to be something done 2 years ago, but done in a much more mild way. Does it seem like that to you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love this! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Love this! :D

You love Sioned LOL. I think Sioned is an interesting character that is being used atm in a very uninteresting way. I wish they move on and give her something to do that people could actually care about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    You love Sioned LOL. I think Sioned is an interesting character that is being user atm in a very uninteresting way. I wish they move on and give her something to do that people could actually care about.

I do. :blush: But admittedly she has been a bit of a cow lately. Her and Eileen have been so two-dimensional, as opposed to Angela and Jim who have been lovely. Sioned stuck with pompous tosser Ed really doesn't help either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the webcast of 5 episodes last year, I have seen nothing else about the friendship of Sioned and Gemma. They used to be quite friendly going to nightclubs and having a laugh. Now it`s like their friendship never existed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the webcast of 5 episodes last year, I have seen nothing else about the friendship of Sioned and Gemma. They used to be quite friendly going to nightclubs and having a laugh. Now it`s like their friendship never existed.

Yeah I've noticed that too and thought it rather odd! Mind you they're not really anything like each other so maybe it's for the best. But still...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I mean about going back in time. Can I say while I think the dialog is still really good I can't care about the storylines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas on who is writing the anonymous notes to Jinx? I`m guessing it`s either Gemma or Mark. Whoever it was they crossed the line by putting a note in Armens pram.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas on who is writing the anonymous notes to Jinx? I`m guessing it`s either Gemma or Mark. Whoever it was they crossed the line by putting a note in Armens pram.

Britt, I think they sort of gave it away by having Sion and the kids talk about Owen a few weeks ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I never thought of Britt. If it is her shame on her for putting that spiteful note under Arwen,
    I knew it wasn`t Anita, even she wouldn`t do anything so spiteful. But it is the sort of thing Britt would do.
    Thanks sderr.
  • welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no time for Gethin !!!!
  • frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or maybe Hywel ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frannyd wrote: »
    Or maybe Hywel ?

Why Hwyel, why does he care about the killer gene?