Options

Radio waves(?)

Hope I've got the right place to ask this question.. :D
Most probably a rather simple one...

I have a music centre which has been okay for several years but I now find that I cannot sit in my armchair without it interfering with the reception of the radio I have to move elsewhere!
(I know that sounds funny but it's not!! :( )
What do I do please?

>:(

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of aerial does this system have? Not uncommon to have just a bit of wire hanging out the back. If that is the case where is that bit of wire?

Try moving it around, and try getting it out from behind the furniture and equipment and use a bit of Blu-Tak or similar to hold it vertically up the wall. Might not be the most aesthetic place for it but radio waves don't care about such niceties :)

And of course if it is a plug in aerial of some sort just make sure it's still securely plugged in!

But it is nothing unusual about a human body causing interference as you move around. Especially if the signal you are receiving is a bit weak. I've even had times when holding onto the telescopic aerial of a portable radio actually improves reception!
  • Options
    shirley222shirley222 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    What sort of aerial does this system have? Not uncommon to have just a bit of wire hanging out the back. If that is the case where is that bit of wire?

Try moving it around, and try getting it out from behind the furniture and equipment and use a bit of Blu-Tak or similar to hold it vertically up the wall. Might not be the most aesthetic place for it but radio waves don't care about such niceties :)

And of course if it is a plug in aerial of some sort just make sure it's still securely plugged in!

But it is nothing unusual about a human body causing interference as you move around. Especially if the signal you are receiving is a bit weak. I've even had times when holding onto the telescopic aerial of a portable radio actually improves reception!

Thanks very much.. seems like the first option is the one. :)