Why I like Marc

2»

Comments

• WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Very nice post Joe. Marc has been a superb housemate with many facets to his personality and has not been afraid to show who he is. He's taken more risks than anyone in there to give us an entertaining show. :)

I'll be gutted if he gets the boot tonight, but it looks like 'alot of' people want to see the back of him. :(
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note: I realize this is a long post. I could trim it a little but.. well.. if reading puts certain people off then perhaps that's a good thing. I make no apologies for that. ;-)

From his entrance into the BB house I thought Marc was a brilliant addition. A lot of housemates try to portray some public persona that they believe will maximize their chances of winning, effectively bull sh*tting the viewing public. What's worse is that much of it is so transparent as to be laughable, so we end up wishing we could do this and that to pull the rug from under their feet. That's the nature of the game. Enter Marc... :D

As time went on I think more and more viewers grew to like him as a housemate because of the way he stirred things up and stripped away the façades of a few of the biggest game players, but most would agree that as a person you certainly wouldn't want to live with him, because his antagonistic nature seemed to hold no bounds. However, the more we've seen of him, the more I think he'd make a good friend outside of the house. ...:o

When you're young it's natural to have insecurities, and we find consolation in our friends. We choose those who are amiable towards us because it's the path of least resistance, and we tend to derive our self-worth from the opinions of others. As you get older you tend to find your feet a little, realize your own idiosyncrasies and tend towards friendships based on mutual interests. By the time you're in your 30s, say, most people have discovered that blowing smoke up each other's arses stymies any hope of personal growth. What you really want is friends who will tell you straight how they think and feel about you, so that you might hope to better yourself. Adults (not overgrown children) derive their self-worth from within, not from without.

I'd be glad to have a friend like Marc because, for one thing, I'm not an egocentric baby who can't stand to see myself through anything but rose-tinted glasses. I'm a grown man who aspires towards the kind of wisdom that comes with age. I don't want to stop growing, so I relish every opportunity to learn or to better myself. And if and when somebody like Marc may choose to antagonise me with unfounded jibes I would happily laugh along, because I'm well aware of myself and can tell the difference between meaningful and meaningless conversation.

Anyway, that's just me. I realize I'm posting this thread from the bowels of Hades and I expect to be crucified for my opinions, so I welcome any and all comers. :cool:

He's a d*ck and the above.

I think there's a bit of man love going on here TBH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a d*ck and the above.

I think there's a bit of man love going on here TBH.

Are you suggesting I'm motivated by homosexual admiration, rather than the reasons I gave? :D I'm not gay.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,611
    Forum Member
    I'll be gutted if he gets the boot tonight, but it looks like 'alot of' people want to see the back of him. :(

I'll probably just switch off, Joe. I really don't find any of the others appealing enough to watch for two weeks and also don't care who wins. I don't really care if Marc wins either, I would just like him to stay because he's the only interesting housemate in amongst a bunch of cardboard cutouts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll probably just switch off, Joe. I really don't find any of the others appealing enough to watch for two weeks and also don't care who wins. I don't really care if Marc wins either, I would just like him to stay because he's the only interesting housemate in amongst a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

I'll probably watch it to the end, come what may. I rarely enjoy the last week or two. It will be interesting to see just how dull it can get if he does go, if that's not an oxymoron. :blush:
  • mehrcatmehrcat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Posted by whatjoethinks
    ".....I'm a grown man who aspires towards the kind of wisdom that comes with age."
    Well Joe, if you live for another century or two, you just might attain some wisdom. :p

In answer to you question, "What Joe thinks?", try Joe Walsh, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Jackson, etc. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mehrcat wrote: »
    Well Joe, if you live for another century or two, you just might attain some wisdom. :p

In answer to you question, "What Joe thinks?", try Joe Walsh, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Jackson, etc. ;-)

I'm sorry, which question was that? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Wait, was it "How may musicians can you think of called Joe?" :p I don't remember asking that question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll be with you, I'll switch off too, I don't find anything appealing at all about any of the others, they're a really boring bunch this year apart from Marc. He's the only one willing to show who he is, warts and all. You're right, the rest are just cardboard cut outs and all playing silly see through games, they really aren't worth their keep.