Options

New Professional Dancers - big tick from me...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
Forum Member
✭✭
So, when the big clear out of Pro's happened I thought it was a bit unnecessary and that I would miss the familiar faces, esp Ian Waite and Darren B .. I must say I was totally wrong - I really enjoy seeing the new chaps, especially Artem and Robin who I think are very enjoyable to watch. Just goes to show, a change is as good as a rest....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I still miss Ian and Matthew - if only ANTON had made way for a new dancer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem is the only one I would definitely want back. Robin seems nice but I haven't been blown away by his choreography and wouldn't be gutted if they dropped him. Jared I hope never comes back. Sweet, yes but not good enough as a teacher or a dancer.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think only Artem has impressed and that Robin in particular is pretty awful. Tbh, if I was someone like Ian or Matthew I would feel rather insulted to be replaced by someone like him or the American kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jared, I'd forgetten him already!!!!!
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Jared wasn't good at all - tina would have been much better with Darren. Also think Patsy would have done much better with Mathew. I have liked Artem, bit disappointed with the Jive, but one bad dance over all those weeks isn't too bad.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem is the only one I would definitely want back. Robin seems nice but I haven't been blown away by his choreography and wouldn't be gutted if they dropped him. Jared I hope never comes back. Sweet, yes but not good enough as a teacher or a dancer.

I agree.

Also glad they kept Natalie and Katya, but would be happy to see the back of Aliona :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree.

Also glad they kept Natalie and Katya, but would be happy to see the back of Aliona :o

I've warmed to Natalie and Katya this year, but I struggle to like Aliona. I miss Darren too - and Lilia, for that matter. I think Anton should have gone, and I'm ok with Artem. The pros don't need to change - we have new blood with the celebs each year.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still miffed that Mathew was missing and we got Jared ,he may be a nice lad but not a great dancer or teacher . Artem I know love , Robin I am indifferent to to be honest .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    Only Artem for me the rest can go away and we can get Ian and Matthew back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Well I agree with this :p

I do miss Matthew :( He was such a beautiful dancer and an all round lovely and loveable guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I like Artem & his choreography and hope he stays. Not bothered about the other two - would rather have Ian & maybe Matt back. Have warmed to Natalie & Katya this year, although I can't say I've really liked Katya's choreography. Personality wise I like Aliona but not at all convinced by her choreography so far - far too many gimmicks.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Artem & Robin. I hope they are both back next year.
    Jared has really made any impression on me so i'm not bothered if he doesn't come back.

I want Ian back.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    I agree.

Lol, Aliona is going nowhere fyi.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have always felt that Matthew has been partly sacrified because he was Alesha's partner, and that might make it difficult for her to give him low marks. If so, what a shame - I think he's a great dancer, and an all round lovely person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    We don't know yet what the pro line-up will be. I never thought at the end of last year that Darren, Lilia, Ian and Matthew wouldn't come back :( They were very popular and Aliona, while not hated, isn't exactly a star for a lot of people this year. We don't know who will be back and who won't. Unless you have insider knowledge in which case, share :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem very big tick.

Robin meh

Jared no thanks

Bring back Ian and Darren !!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    I miss Ian!

But Robin seems like a lovely bloke. If you ignore the fishnet vest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took this to mean that she will be winning this year and therefore will be back next year. But put with a token rubbish (and likely elderly) person so she doesn't get too big for her boots.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The professionals for next series should be this. I'd like to have eight couples, just so we see more of the pros!

Brendan
    James
    Vincent
    Artem
    Robin
    Ian
    Darren
    Matthew
    Lilia
    Flavia
    Ola
    Natalie
    Katya
    Kristina
    Aliona
    Crystal/Aneta/Tanya from the dance troupe. I'd like to see what they can do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We don't know yet what the pro line-up will be. I never thought at the end of last year that Darren, Lilia, Ian and Matthew wouldn't come back :( They were very popular and Aliona, while not hated, isn't exactly a star for a lot of people this year. We don't know who will be back and who won't. Unless you have insider knowledge in which case, share :p

On certain threads Aliona is not liked, I like her and thats that.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josar22 wrote: »
    Artem very big tick.

So many jokes, so little time!!!!!!!!!:o
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The pro line up is only decided a couple of months before the series starts.
    All the pros are on single series contracts.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know you love old witches chin, chuck :p
    rebella wrote: »
    I have always felt that Matthew has been partly sacrified because he was Alesha's partner, and that might make it difficult for her to give him low marks. If so, what a shame - I think he's a great dancer, and an all round lovely person.

I never thought of that Rebella, you may have a point. He certainly added a lot to the show, as much as I love Ian too, if we could vote to bring one back, my vote would go to Matt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know you love old witches chin, chuck :p

I never thought of that Rebella, you may have a point. He certainly added a lot to the show, as much as I love Ian too, if we could vote to bring one back, my vote would go to Matt.

Old witches? LOL.:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vodachick wrote: »
    So many jokes, so little time!!!!!!!!!:o

oops, just realised :o sorry my mind is in the gutter without even trying :D