Options

Leaving the UK

whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Just had a long conversation with my partner who is currently working in Australia.

He loves working in OZ and having family in NZ really feels at home there. He says it is more like South Africa, where he is from, than the UK and just likes the lifestyle.

Anyhow he is trying to convince me to move to Brisbane and I just don't want to go. I love living where I do have all my family in the UK and have a fairly good job here and would probably not be able to work in OZ. Although money is not a problem I like being independent and if I moved to OZ I would be reliant on my other half.

We have been together for 12 years and the relationship is strong but I am feeling very selfish not moving and feel this is putting a strain on things. My dad is in his eighties and my mum is 70 and I dont want to feel like I am abandoning them.

Oh god what to do!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Would you be able to get a couple of months off work and see what it likes you might love it!
    Do you have any brothers or sister as if you do leave would you know someone is keeping an eye out for your parents.
    And I'm sure if you've been with him 12 years he'll know what a big decision this is for you.