Warehouse 13 Season 4 U.S Pace

CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
Forum Member
✭✭
Season 4 starts tomorrow (23rd July) with an episode called The Empire St... oh that's next week ;), Ep 1 is "A New Hope".

Sneek peek at the first episode (opening scene) plus Trailer

Only 10 episodes this year as even though they are making 20 episodes the other half of Season 4 will not be shown till next summer.

Plus new Theme tune ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the return of the show.... although it coming perilous to the Season 5 benchmark which, for scifi channel, means that cancellation is likely.

Still.... Eureka is no more.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait! :D

The split season is a PITA, but is no surprise I suppose given it's Syfy... Has it been confirmed that the second half won't be shown until next summer? If we got "4.5" in e.g. January with an actual season 5 next summer it would be OK... But I bet that is not what will happen :(

Still, despite Syfy being frakwits, I love this show and have been waiting for its return :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Can't wait! :D

Has it been confirmed that the second half won't be shown until next summer? If we got "4.5" in e.g. January with an actual season 5 next summer it would be OK... But I bet that is not what will happen :(

I had read that was the case (IIRC the source was some of the cast) but looking it up now I found an article that says the 2nd half of the season will air in April 2013.

By the sounds of it each block of 10 episodes will have it's own story arc.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    I had read that was the case (IIRC the source was some of the cast) but looking it up now I found an article that says the 2nd half of the season will air in April 2013.

By the sounds of it each block of 10 episodes will have it's own story arc.

So it might as well be two seasons of 10 episodes rather than one season split in two.

Knowing Syfy this is a smoke screen to a really short final season in late 2013.
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    So it might as well be two seasons of 10 episodes rather than one season split in two.

Knowing Syfy this is a smoke screen to a really short final season in late 2013.

With my luck the 'really short final season' will be the (usually) much weaker Christmas Special 2013! It does sound more like they're gonna film two seasons in one (but market it as Season 4 and 4.5) and really cut back for a fifth if they're lucky enough to get one.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good episode tonight. As usual, Pete was in top form dishing out his kooky brand of humor. :D

The story arc for this season is going to be very interesting that's for sure.
    It looks like they revived H.G. Wells because of the spinoff series that SyFy has been planning on making. That's fine with me. :)
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good opening to the season. Even though it's a reset, the consequences of Artie's actions are going to make for a good storyline and I like that it hasn't gone totally back to normal and all is well.

Though not in it for long, I'm glad H.G is back, but depsite being my favourite character, I did like her heroic end in the last season. I just hope that however much we see of her this season, that it doesn't cheapen or render her actions pointless; that they make the most of her return and show that reversing her death was worth it. Of course, with Jaime Murray joining Defiance, it will be unlikely she will be in that many episodes, so it will also be interesting to see how they handle her character not joining the team as a full-time agent.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went off it last season, but still watched it. Didn't think much of last nights episode, but still watched it.

I guess it's one of those shows that I've watched it for so long I may as well carry on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good but not great season opener.
    Some really bad blue/green screening though in the burnt warehouse and the scene outside the warehouse with the football looked terrible (obviously done on an indoor set).
    I wonder if they've had their budget reduced a bit.
    Also didn't think much of some of the acting, especially Brent Spiner's.

Still enjoyable enough and the Warehouse and HG are back (Mrs F too, if slightly older).

Will we be getting Zombie Steve next week?

Inky Binky
    The Spin off if it happens (which to be honest seems unlikely at this point) would have/will be about a younger HG in her Warehouse 12 days (or even before she joined) so her fate in WH13 was/is immaterial.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spin off if it happens (which to be honest seems unlikely at this point) would have/will be about a younger HG in her Warehouse 12 days (or even before she joined) so her fate in WH13 was/is immaterial.

If they have her in the 12 days, I hope that Gareth David-Lloyd is in it. We see too little of him nowadays.

Regarding Brent Spiner, his acting always was hammy. Apart, of course, from Data!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a promo of tomorrow's episode "An Evil Within". This clip contains a few spoilers so avoid it if you don't wish to see what happens.

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Warehouse%2013/vid:18734745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. Glad Mama Lattimer made a return and that Jinxy seems to be back for now. This - what I'm assuming is the mid-season arc - storyline with Artie is really interesting, and I can't really see where it will end up, though I'm sure not too happily.

One thing that made no sense to me was the lack of H.G. It's not so much she wasn't in the episode, but rather that there was no mention of her at all. Jinx's return was well-done I thought, whereas H.G's seemed rushed.

Something that I read elsewhere from the H.G/Myka fandom was that Myka spent a wild night with H.G, accounting for Myka's crazy curly hair :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    H.G. is my favourite character too. It's a shame she only appears in a couple of episodes a series.

I thought the first two episodes were pretty good, though the 'vague evil thingy that's coming' is quite hammy.

Two words on the last ep: Claudia's boobs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, however two things annoyed me:

1) WTF is HG? Where?! No word, nothing. I do wonder though if it was HG that Artie contacted at the end of the episode.

2) THIS EPISODE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY TOYOTA. PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE TOYOTA VOICE CONTROLLED SAT NAV, OR DRIVE A PRIUS HYBRID CAR. GO ON, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

Still, it's not as bad (yet) as the product placement in Fringe, and certainly not as bad as Hawaii Five-0.

Oh, and bonus points for Myka's hair. "Messy curls" is so much better than straight. I loved the humour too, e.g. Pete's comment about Twister.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was annoyed too, yet again, at the lack of even a mention of H.G, there is really no need for it. Just some sort of update on her whereabouts would suffice until she makes a return.

Good episode nonetheless, I'm glad that Leena seems to be getting more to do this season and I liked the couple of movie/TV show mentions :D Now it seems we know the downside of the metronome, and if it's putting Claudia's life in danger, I can't see Steve willing to remain undead. Perhaps Artie's vision of Claudia stabbing him is because maybe she may blame him if Steve decides to stop the metronome. Who knows, but I'm really enjoying it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it seems we know the downside of the metronome, and if it's putting Claudia's life in danger, I can't see Steve willing to remain undead. Perhaps Artie's vision of Claudia stabbing him is because maybe she may blame him if Steve decides to stop the metronome. Who knows, but I'm really enjoying it.

I wonder who it was that used the Metronome to bring Marcus back, not Sykes as whoever it was likely died the first time undead Marcus did.

I'm guessing just stopping the Metronome would kill Claudia along with Jinks, I would think they would have to neutralise it to break the connection.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DratVanity wrote: »
    H.G. is my favourite character too. It's a shame she only appears in a couple of episodes a series.

I thought the first two episodes were pretty good, though the 'vague evil thingy that's coming' is quite hammy.

Two words on the last ep: Claudia's boobs.

BIB. I must have blinked and missed that bit! I'll have to watch it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ep.

HG *finally* had a mention, too... Even if it was just a brief "wherever the hell she is" comment.

No OTT product placement this week too, which was good..
    Pete wrote:
    Ah, yes, the IMT of course. The... International Monkey...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed that episode. Was good to see Hugo again and they remember H.G exists! Here's hoping she finally shows up soon. Hope Mrs. Frederick will appear soon as well. Perhaps they keep mentioning Revenge because she is in it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I seemed to have missed out somehow on the latest Warehouse 13 has it been on in the UK yet.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seemed to have missed out somehow on the latest Warehouse 13 has it been on in the UK yet.:confused:

Season 4 has still to be aired in the UK. No date as of yet but I expect it will start in the next month or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Season 4 has still to be aired in the UK. No date as of yet but I expect it will start in the next month or so.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the latest episode for the Mrs. F and Claudia scenes and the comedy. Pete was really good and he made the whole random Myka romance more bearable. It was so out of character for Myka to just suddenly fancy this d-bag and kiss him the first day she met him. Also, they seem to be catering to the Myka/Pete shippers, which just seems weird as I have always seen their relationship as a brother/sister relationship and have been happy the actors themselves see it that way and like that it's not like every other show that hooks up the lead male and female characters. Maybe I'm more annoyed as I'm a Myka/HG fan but I really don't think the show needs these romances.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if the two mentions of how artefacts (or should that be Artie-facts :D) are created lays the ground for how the two main themes will be resolved?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the latest episode for the Mrs. F and Claudia scenes and the comedy. Pete was really good and he made the whole random Myka romance more bearable. It was so out of character for Myka to just suddenly fancy this d-bag and kiss him the first day she met him. Also, they seem to be catering to the Myka/Pete shippers, which just seems weird as I have always seen their relationship as a brother/sister relationship and have been happy the actors themselves see it that way and like that it's not like every other show that hooks up the lead male and female characters. Maybe I'm more annoyed as I'm a Myka/HG fan but I really don't think the show needs these romances.

I really hope that they don't ever make Pete & Myka hook up.

His love for her had better be brotherly love.