Options

Where can I get JUST the Sky HD box?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So one of my Sky HD boxes has broken, it started off where I couldn't use planner or pause/rewind TV but now I can't even watch anything.

I've called Sky twice now (first time they took me through this reset thing where I lost all my planner) and then second time, they just told me to unplug it for a few minutes.

I might call them again tomorrow, 3rd time lucky hopefully, but if it doesn't work, where can I get JUST the box? I've looked on the Sky website and it just goes to compare boxes and the HD page, but there's no 'Buy' button for a box.

Also, for the normal HD box, how much is the hard drive? The broken one I have is a Samsung and it doesn't have enough space, so i'm wondering if the new one will?

Comments

• Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebay is probably your best shot.
    If you have a cash generators near you they normally sell them for £20 too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Ebay is probably your best shot.
    If you have a cash generators near you they normally sell them for £20 too.

Thanks, i'll check ebay out.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    There did used to be a selection option to buy a box, i know because i did it myself after my last one died.
    But they've removed the button it seems.
  • Options
    Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I bought one a few months ago from a local British Heart foundation shop for £25.

it works perfectly. Last week a i received a flyer from Sky offering me
    "How about 50% off Sky TV for 12 months?"
    I phoned them up and agreed to take "The family Bundle" 12 months at £16.50 monthly.
    Their operator was a little disappointed that I did not want their telephone or internet. I explained I have a contract with Plusnet until 2016, he assured me the catch-up services work over Plusnet but I haven't connected it yet.

The card arrived 2 days later and started working 2 minutes after I registered it on the internet.

It's not hard to avoid paying full price for Sky is it?
  • Options
    sparrysparry Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my last one died, despite 11 or 12 calls they refused to send anyone out to look at it and instead offered me a 2TB box for £60. What they didn't tell me was that I had to upgrade my package to get it at this price!
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparry wrote: »
    When my last one died, despite 11 or 12 calls they refused to send anyone out to look at it!

what you mean is that they refused to send someone out for free, which is what you would have been demanding/asking for.

they would have sent someone out for the standard call-out fee without a quibble.