Bill Oddie Leaves Springwatch!

Comments

• nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will miss Bill Oddie very much. I hope all the complaints he has had hasn't shaken his confidence. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote Chris Packham for presenter!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Oddie suffers from clinical depression, hence he can be a bit "moody" at times.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,469
    Forum Member
    Why does everyone like Kate so much? She does my head in.
  • Harkins63Harkins63 Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate's fit and has been extremely patient with the ill-mannered Oddie throughout all the series.She deserves better than to be paired with the old grouch.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about the wildlife reporter on the One Show can't remember his name, he would be good replacement:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    How about the wildlife reporter on the One Show can't remember his name, he would be good replacement:confused:

Mike Dilger - nice guy..... I met him at last year's Birdfair at Rutland Water!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    I'll be sorry to see Bill go. I think he made the programme what it is. I know he comes over as a little rough around the edges and probably a little unprofessional at times, but it is a nature programme after all, and I can forgive him being like that. I really don't think Bill deserves some of the rude personal comments made about him. Grow up people. :rolleyes:

Completely fair comment I think
    Bill Oddie suffers from clinical depression, hence he can be a bit "moody" at times.

In case anyone needs reminding.

Yes, he can be a bit irascible, but you know where you are with him and his passion is the wildlife, not the camera - a show is not always the worse for that, surely?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Bill Oddie. He is a grumpy old so-and-so, and I don't think I'd enjoy working with him much, but for an hour each evening on TV, with him being interspersed with bits from Simon etc, it doesn't really annoy me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    kate is a fox, but bill is a twit-cher

they worked as a team- beauty and the beast!

Kate just has that inexplicabe sexiness - she is pure raunch!
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does everyone like Kate so much? She does my head in.

I did Kate's head in once, she loved it the filthy mare. :eek:

I still think there's hope for Oddie , he's going through a bad spell but I think he may return to presenting in the future.

In the meantime how about if he joined the wild life. I recall an episode of Father Ted where Father Jack escaped and ran wild for a few days, it was incredible. Imagine seeing the Oddie running wild in the woods and the Spring Watch team tracking him down. Nature at it's best. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Oddie, so much so that i gave the last Autumnwatch a miss. Should be interesting to see who they get for the next series.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,469
    Forum Member
    The Spoon wrote: »
    Kate just has that inexplicabe sexiness - she is pure raunch!

Really? To me she resembles some sixth-form head girl prefect character that I want to beat to death with a lacrosse racquet...
  • SwarfegaSwarfega Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely unhappy with this news.
    I know he knew his stuff but so do Packham and King. Both of those would do a great job of replacing him.

His buzzcocks episode did it for me. After that i'd had enough of him.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too am glad that Bill Oddie is leaving these programmes. I haven't watched them for ages because I dislike the man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I'm sad he won't be doing the next Springwatch and sadder still at some of the comments made here about a man known to suffer with depression. I hope he'll be back.

His love and knowledge of birds will be missed and I wonder if Simon King or Gordon Buchanan would be happy presenting rather than being out in the field.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iolo Williams would be good - have you seen the size of his thighs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the guy is huge in many ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Bill Oddie, but I hated that song Madonna did about him
    http://www.rathergood.com/bill
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There can only be one replacement for Bill Oddie..Johnny Kingdom :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I love Bill Oddie. He's probably the main reason I watch Springwatch. I don't know if I'll bother tuning in this season now :(

Very sad to see so many don't seem to like him.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the sort of person who potentially would want to watch these programmes but never does. Didn't really think it was Bill Oddie putting me off though. I can get really annoyed with an obsession with badgers who I think are boring and a nuisance too. Similarly urban foxes, or foxes generally. Maybe the programme needs a good overhaul not just the presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine wrote: »
    Simon King (not the Hairy Baker or weatherman) is rumoured to be in the running to take over... if he does... well...

** flushes round the neck **

** Swoons **

Oh Simon, you make me go weak at the knees....

He's lovely isn't he with a voice like honey he will be far better than miserable Oddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Really? To me she resembles some sixth-form head girl prefect character that I want to beat to death with a lacrosse racquet...

you philistine! still leaves the likes of Kate for us real men!
    now pop a couple of leeches on your tongue and let them dissolve...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Harkins63 wrote: »
    He was quite rude to Bill Turnbull when BBC1's breakfast show linked up wth him and Kate during the Autumn watch week.
    My mother can't stand him and will be thrilled.:)

I remember how rude he was to Bill Turnbull - it was very embarrassing.

He seems to be quite brusque generally which is certainly not the way to win friends and influence people.

I'm glad he's leaving. I'll be able to watch the programme again now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the way tv is going at the moment, don't be surprised if his replacement is Myleene Klass! :p