Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Morning, has anyone else googled "Cow Nation" its her "Charitee". & Im not going to comment anymore except Im glad I'm not one of the dairy farmers she joined on the picket line this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2177116/The-real-price-milk-You-buy-lot-cruelty-50p-supermarket.html
  • BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Minette wrote: »
    'Disabled spelling' at the paralympics? Liz has a bizarre idea of what a joke is.

I found her comments on the paralympics quite offensive & I think Im going to tell her so!
  • MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Liz has a history of finding disability amusing, for example, 'special needs' shop assistants and hilariously transposing 'artistic' with 'autistic'.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone back and read some of her 'quotes' from this rock star chap, and I'll tell you one thing - it can't be Jim Kerr, because just doesn't talk like that! :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    I've gone back and read some of her 'quotes' from this rock star chap, and I'll tell you one thing - it can't be Jim Kerr, because just doesn't talk like that! :D

Oooh do you know him?! :eek:

But really, who does talk like that never mind former a rock star! :D
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Amanda Holden has a pop at LJ in yesterday's "fabulous" - in response to LJ saying AH was "an alien" and " a drag artist"
    "She (LJ) says all women who have surgery hate themselves but I certainly don't. I think she is an appalling role model and a woman hater"
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Amanda Holden has a pop at LJ in yesterday's "fabulous" - in response to LJ saying AH was "an alien" and " a drag artist"
    "She (LJ) says all women who have surgery hate themselves but I certainly don't. I think she is an appalling role model and a woman hater"

I don't like Amanda Holden very much. But I like her more after reading that. People on the receiving end of Liz's spiteful comments are beginning to bite back! Maybe Kirstie Alley and Mary Portas could join in.....

Edit- she hates men too!!!
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I don't like Amanda Holden very much. But I like her more after reading that. People on the receiving end of Liz's spiteful comments are beginning to bite back! Maybe Kirstie Alley and Mary Portas could join in.....

Edit- she hates men too!!!
    I warmed to amanda too!
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I understood this correctly? She now claims the pawning-pearl-necklace incident happened in her 30s during her relationship with "Mad Trevor?" According to this column,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1229399/LIZ-JONES-What-happened-I-tried-live-65-week.html

...it happened in 2009 during her trying-to-live-on-£65-a-week phase. It was, she said, "the most humiliating incident of the entire week."

And anyway, I thought it was Richard who got the "Mad" prefix, not Trevor?

Also, the phrase about buying him so many M & S ready meals was also used in the sperm-stealing column, if I remember correctly. Philip Schofield read it out loud to her when she went on This Morning. :)

Hoping our trusty Details Expert Bellagio will pop by for confirmation... :)
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct, my children of the night - as usual, wor Jizzie is breaking the cardinal rule of lying: remember what you said before. It saves you making a complete fool of yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bellagio, I knew I could rely on you! :) ...Yes, Liz seems to have forgotten that all her past columns of the last few years are still online and easily checked in a matter of seconds. So every time she retells a story with completely different details/timeline etc, it only takes a couple of clicks to bring up the last time she told it, complete with discrepancies.
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Correct, my children of the night .

:) As in Children of the Hydra's Teeth? :) Is this our new collective noun for the coven? If so, please can I be the one with the octopus shield.....or maybe the one that carries on fighting after its head has been cut off? :)
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    Thanks Bellagio, I knew I could rely on you! :) ...Yes, Liz seems to have forgotten that all her past columns of the last few years are still online and easily checked in a matter of seconds. So every time she retells a story with completely different details/timeline etc, it only takes a couple of clicks to bring up the last time she told it, complete with discrepancies.

:) As in Children of the Hydra's Teeth? :) Is this our new collective noun for the coven? If so, please can I be the one with the octopus shield.....or maybe the one that carries on fighting after its head has been cut off? :)

hi Cathrin,

yes absolutely spot-on about the yarn of the plastic pearls having been featured in a previous article (living on jobseekers) in fact I pointed it out in the comments under the dreary (Lola) only to get shouted down by a Lizard fanatic - Shirley from Bristol. Yep, she's told so many lies now she can't keep track - shoddy journalism - some of us just have very good (and long) memories which is most unfortunate for the Lizard creature. PS are you part of the FB group by the way? I love your posts.
  • serenity2012serenity2012 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    A "famous rock star" proposes TWICE and our liz is not taking it seriously! .......unless he comes up with a suitable expensive ring......
    He only proposes on the phone though, not actually in person. Wouldn't the horribly expensive weekend recently have been the perfect venue, over that £500 dinner? But of course Liz was forced to leave his side and write some drivel for the Mail as a matter of world shattering urgency....as if.
    This is the man who begged her not to print his private correspondence, who goes abroad and doesn't tell her where he is staying, who tells not to join him in Oz even though she is on the way to the airport, meets her for a few minutes on Valentines day on his way to another outing...... but dear reader he is in love with our Lizzie and wants to marry her!
    I thought she was desperate, nay begging for some man to rescue her and keep her in the manner she so obviously feels she deserves- but this clashes with the "I am so independent and don't need to rely on a man" line she occasionally feeds us even though it pains her that no man has EVER paid for anything in her entire life. In fact no-one has ever done anything nice for Liz, she must have been a real bundle of joy to bring up. Can't you imagine her sneering in her pram at the cheap cotton blanket rather than cashmere provided by her drudge of a mother?

Of course when Lizzie gratefully slips on the zillion carat ring and poses for a double page spread in the Mail then his identity will be revealed to all...... not going to happen though is it seeing as he doesn't exist.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "famous rock star" proposes TWICE and our liz is not taking it seriously! .......unless he comes up with a suitable expensive ring......
    He only proposes on the phone though, not actually in person. Wouldn't the horribly expensive weekend recently have been the perfect venue, over that £500 dinner? But of course Liz was forced to leave his side and write some drivel for the Mail as a matter of world shattering urgency....as if.
    This is the man who begged her not to print his private correspondence, who goes abroad and doesn't tell her where he is staying, who tells not to join him in Oz even though she is on the way to the airport, meets her for a few minutes on Valentines day on his way to another outing...... but dear reader he is in love with our Lizzie and wants to marry her!
    I thought she was desperate, nay begging for some man to rescue her and keep her in the manner she so obviously feels she deserves- but this clashes with the "I am so independent and don't need to rely on a man" line she occasionally feeds us even though it pains her that no man has EVER paid for anything in her entire life. In fact no-one has ever done anything nice for Liz, she must have been a real bundle of joy to bring up. Can't you imagine her sneering in her pram at the cheap cotton blanket rather than cashmere provided by her drudge of a mother?

Of course when Lizzie gratefully slips on the zillion carat ring and poses for a double page spread in the Mail then his identity will be revealed to all...... not going to happen though is it seeing as he doesn't exist.

She cited in her divorce that her then husband only spent £300 on her Christmas present. She thundered with fury that the diamond earrings he bought her (because she ordered him to buy her something) were not good enough and she had to exchange them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi Cathrin,

yes absolutely spot-on about the yarn of the plastic pearls having been featured in a previous article (living on jobseekers) in fact I pointed it out in the comments under the dreary (Lola) only to get shouted down by a Lizard fanatic - Shirley from Bristol. Yep, she's told so many lies now she can't keep track - shoddy journalism - some of us just have very good (and long) memories which is most unfortunate for the Lizard creature. PS are you part of the FB group by the way? I love your posts.

:) Hi MD, thanks for the nice words; I really enjoy your posts too! (And I'll know to look out for "Lola" on the DM comments page from now on!) :)

I had been wondering about the FB group: am I missing much coven-action by not being on FB? (I know I'm probably the only person left in the universe who hasn't got into the social networking thing.. :o What am I missing? Is FB the main arena for LJ discussings these days? Do you all hold exciting coven-cyber-gatherings and/or re-enact scenes from Jason and the Argonauts behind my back? Tssk. Maybe I should sign up after all.... :)
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    :) Hi MD, thanks for the nice words; I really enjoy your posts too! (And I'll know to look out for "Lola" on the DM comments page from now on!) :)

I had been wondering about the FB group: am I missing much coven-action by not being on FB? (I know I'm probably the only person left in the universe who hasn't got into the social networking thing.. :o What am I missing? Is FB the main arena for LJ discussings these days? Do you all hold exciting coven-cyber-gatherings and/or re-enact scenes from Jason and the Argonauts behind my back? Tssk. Maybe I should sign up after all.... :)

hi Cathrin :-)

if you decide to sign up for a FB account just PM Bellagio for an invite to the FB group. Would love to see you there :_)
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cathrin, I was finally lured to the darkside of joining FB , and its well worth it. The giggles, the wit and the ramblings are fun and enlightening.

Go on, join! You know you want to.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cathrin, I was finally lured to the darkside of joining FB , and its well worth it. The giggles, the wit and the ramblings are fun and enlightening.

Go on, join! You know you want to.

Oh yes, and we can say things on there we couldn't possibly get away with here! Liz has no idea how much fun she has unintentionally brought us! :D Warning, there is a FB Liz Jones Appreciation Group and they seem a lovely bunch who genuinely support Liz and believe most of what she says - we are not like that though ;)
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member

No, not the only person. I sometimes consider it, but I'm still resisting. Although Bellagio's coven group might just tempt me. Some day.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi Cathrin :-)

if you decide to sign up for a FB account just PM Bellagio for an invite to the FB group. Would love to see you there :_)

FB group? FB GROUP! Must. Join. NOW! Now where's the pm for Bellagio?!?!? :o
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not the only person. I sometimes consider it, but I'm still resisting. Although Bellagio's coven group might just tempt me. Some day.

*lures*

We are able to be much funnier there.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    *lures*

We are able to be much funnier there.

And ruder......;)
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Article on labiaplasty in todays Mail online.I am filled with dread that Liz with get the inevitable follow up piece.:eek:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2178714/Wellcome-Trust-charity-releases-animated-film-explain-British-women-choosing-labiaplasty.html
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: NOoooo.... There. Would. Be. Pictures.:eek:
  • serenity2012serenity2012 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Have joined facebook and the harpies but have no idea how to post! I must be totally stupid but please advise.

PS I love the comments, usually a laugh out loud one most days x
This discussion has been closed.