Bauer City 1 Thread

Comments

• jamesr_123jamesr_123 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Yeah Boogie and Dingo have been in that Saturday morning slot for years. Yeah Alex James does lots of shows across the England stations. He is also on breakfast on Radio Aire at the moment.

Who did Key 103 have on Saturday mornings

Alex has been on my local station (Aire) on breakfast for over a month now, and given he has left Sunday breakfast, it could be for longer.

Key had Darren Proctor - he is very good on the Hot 20.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesr_123 wrote: »
    Alex has been on my local station (Aire) on breakfast for over a month now, and given he has left Sunday breakfast, it could be for longer.

Key had Darren Proctor - he is very good on the Hot 20.

I have listened to that a few times and his midweek show on Key 103 from 10am - 2pm via the key 103 app
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Metro has the strongest mid morning show with Brian Moore at the controls with his top 10 @10 and great chat.

Metro breakfast is also the strongest breakfast show in Newcastle by far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowie at Breakfast on Clyde 1 has been a bit strange this week (sorry for only posting this now I have been super busy) they are obviously doing a stunt of some sorts. Yesterday George Bowie left during the show as he had received a letter about inheritaning money as his 'Uncle' had died and left him £11 million he was meant to give them his bank details but George decided to go and see the barrister in person. so his travel presnter Cassie booked him a flight to Tome togo. And Knoxy the mid morning presenter finished his show for him.

It was obvious that it was a scam.

Today Grant Thomson was covering for George after getting a call at 4.30am asking him to cover as George wasnt back.

Then Grant phoned George and he was trying to find the guy.

I havent a clue what it is all about. Im in England right now so Wont really be able to listen tomorrow unless I use the app
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bowie at Breakfast on Clyde 1 has been a bit strange this week (sorry for only posting this now I have been super busy) they are obviously doing a stunt of some sorts. Yesterday George Bowie left during the show as he had received a letter about inheritaning money as his 'Uncle' had died and left him £11 million he was meant to give them his bank details but George decided to go and see the barrister in person. so his travel presnter Cassie booked him a flight to Tome togo. And Knoxy the mid morning presenter finished his show for him.

It was obvious that it was a scam.

Today Grant Thomson was covering for George after getting a call at 4.30am asking him to cover as George wasnt back.

Then Grant phoned George and he was trying to find the guy.

I havent a clue what it is all about. Im in England right now so Wont really be able to listen tomorrow unless I use the app

Or he was off to the Arqiva Awards in London that evening. Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Or he was off to the Arqiva Awards in London that evening. Just a thought.

Maybe as George never went to the Bauer awards so maybe he went to the Arqiva Awards instead.

Just checked his twitter

Back without my 11 million, think it might have been a scam. Why did nobody tell me? While I was away Clyde won 3 big radio awards in London.

He must have been in London
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This morning I was travelling back up to Scotland and tuned in to CFM and Stu and Kelly were standing in for Boogie and Dingo they were sounding good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we are being lead to believe after the recent developments at Radio City. The end could be near for the local shows on the bauer city 1 stations between 10am - 2pm.
  • james86james86 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    So we are being lead to believe after the recent developments at Radio City. The end could be near for the local shows on the bauer city 1 stations between 10am - 2pm.

Where's this come from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james86 wrote: »
    Where's this come from?

Radio City are proposing to drop the number of locally-made hours it broadcasts during the week every day from 10 to 7. But currently they broadcast 12 hours of locally made shows a day.

If it dropped to 7 hours that would be the same as the global stations e.g Heart, capital and smooth.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/ofcom-consults-changes-radio-city-liverpool-stations/1356762
  • james86james86 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Radio City are proposing to drop the number of locally-made hours it broadcasts during the week every day from 10 to 7. But currently they broadcast 12 hours of locally made shows a day.

If it dropped to 7 hours that would be the same as the global stations e.g Heart, capital and smooth.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/ofcom-consults-changes-radio-city-liverpool-stations/1356762

I've seen the request to swap Radio City 2 with City Talk but nothing on reduction of local hours for Radio City.
  • dlmccabedlmccabe Posts: 1,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james86 wrote: »
    I've seen the request to swap Radio City 2 with City Talk but nothing on reduction of local hours for Radio City.

They don't need to put in a request to make that change do they?
  • listeninglistening Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    dlmccabe wrote: »
    They don't need to put in a request to make that change do they?

Yes because the format is linked to the broadcast frequency. It therefore is in fact two requests in one. With the dropping of live football commentary on City it looks like the 96.7 output could be totally music as the requests do not appear to include any provision for City 2 and Talk to share programmes with other stations. 96.7 is thus fully positioned to take on "Capital Liverpool/Juice" whilst the City 2 gains it's own local breakfast and drive time show weekdays and four hour local shows on Saturday and Sunday if the requests are granted which is an increase in local content.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    listening wrote: »
    Yes because the format is linked to the broadcast frequency. It therefore is in fact two requests in one. With the dropping of live football commentary on City it looks like the 96.7 output could be totally music as the requests do not appear to include any provision for City 2 and Talk to share programmes with other stations. 96.7 is thus fully positioned to take on "Capital Liverpool/Juice" whilst the City 2 gains it's own local breakfast and drive time show weekdays and four hour local shows on Saturday and Sunday if the requests are granted which is an increase in local content.

Does sound like they are preparing to take on Capital

City 2 will be sharing programmes with the other greatest hits stations outwith breakfast and drive time. Also I can see the talk in which is currently on city 2 being put on City talk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weekend's Saturday Show will be hosted by Boogie and Arlene Stuart who co hosts with Boogie on his breakfast show on Forth 1;as Dingo is on holiday in Australia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment Bauer have 12 hours of local shows but if they do cut the local 10-2 show I can see them changing to*

6am local breakfast
    10am networked show in England I think the host will be Darren Proctor*but Adam Catterall could move from the Key 103 home run and become the networked presenter with Darren Proctor taking over Drive time on key 103.
    in Scotland I think the host will be either Knoxy or Grant Stott
    2pm old skool and anthems
    3pm Local drivetime

That would mean 8 hours of local shows unless they extend old skool and anthems to 4pm and have a 3 hour drivetime

Of course this is all speculation they might not scrap the daytime 10am - 2pm show
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rogerthat wrote: »
    Metro has the strongest mid morning show with Brian Moore at the controls with his top 10 @10 and great chat.

Metro breakfast is also the strongest breakfast show in Newcastle by far.

Don't agree about the breakfast show, I just find Steve and Karen annoying to listen to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't agree about the breakfast show, I just find Steve and Karen annoying to listen to.

I have never listened to Steve and Karen but they do seem to be popular am I right that Metro hired them after they had been on another station and the other station stopped them going on metro for a few months.

I have listened to Stu and Kelly and they are entertaining
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised that Steve Furnell who is on Friday Nights on Bauer 1 stations is the same Steve as Steve and Karen's breakfast show. He isn't that bad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weekend's Saturday Show will be hosted by Boogie and Arlene Stuart who co hosts with Boogie on his breakfast show on Forth 1;as Dingo is on holiday in Australia
    I thought Arlene was a good stand in for Dingo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is the chart complied for the Hot 20 programme is it just the top 20 songs played on the network or is using chart data
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aston Merrygold of Jls fame and now doing solo stuff is following his fellow JLS band Member Marvin by having a go at a radio show. As next Sunday Aston Merrygold will be hosting Paddy's Sunday Dinner while Paddy is away
  • jamesr_123jamesr_123 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I thought Arlene was a good stand in for Dingo

Yeah, Arlene sounded good. They work together on Forth 1 so it's a combination that will naturally work. Dingo's off for a "few weeks", so Arlene will be doing the show for that time with Boogie I presume.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aston Merrygold of Jls fame and now doing solo stuff is following his fellow JLS band Member Marvin by having a go at a radio show. As next Sunday Aston Merrygold will be hosting Paddy's Sunday Dinner while Paddy is away

Quite apt that he sounds like a cider as anything to do with his crap band and McGuiness drives me to drink.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesr_123 wrote: »
    Yeah, Arlene sounded good. They work together on Forth 1 so it's a combination that will naturally work. Dingo's off for a "few weeks", so Arlene will be doing the show for that time with Boogie I presume.
    Unless Boogie is taking some time off again but he was off last week, then it might be Stu and Kelly again
This discussion has been closed.