Tess's Makeup

samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whoever make up Tess on Saturday (programme shown on Sunday) ought to be shot at dawn. They made her look like a evacuee from The Hammer House of Horror. When she appeared on ITT on Friday she looked absolutely lovely - very natural. I also noticed her voice was quite different and there wasn't a trace of an accent. May be she is told to talk with a thick Wosie and So-fee accent.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    & whoever dresses her as well...the dresses she wears are awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Tess and Claudia both looked awful in the results show!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Whoever make up Tess on Saturday (programme shown on Sunday) ought to be shot at dawn. They made her look like a evacuee from The Hammer House of Horror. When she appeared on ITT on Friday she looked absolutely lovely - very natural. I also noticed her voice was quite different and there wasn't a trace of an accent. May be she is told to talk with a thick Wosie and So-fee accent.

I've commented on her accent several times. I'm an ex-Londoner but have lived in North Cheshire (as it was once called) and worked all around the Manchester for many years and I am conscious of accents.

Hers is "affected," as is her husband's,
    I guess it's to make them sound different.
    Yes I know she's from Derbyshire, but she's spent so long away from it her natural accent will have all but disappeared.

If she's going to pronounce "judges" as joodges," then she should really pronounce, "vote" as "vaught."
    But she doesn't, her "vote" is "BBC English."
    Also when excited or speaking rapidly, the accent completely disappears.

I'm of the opinion, she's a bit "plastic" though she seems a pleasant enough person and works hard at the job.

I also think she should lose the "Essex look," it's beginning to give the place a bad name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I thought Tess was wearing a Ginger Rogers dress on the Saturday show but in black, actually looking sensible. On the results show, like someone had drawn on a mermaid with crayon, but I could cope. But the way she presents... she could make a house of trifle look natural.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    I thought Tess was wearing a Ginger Rogers dress on the Saturday show but in black, actually looking sensible. On the results show, like someone had drawn on a mermaid with crayon, but I could cope. But the way she presents... she could make a house of trifle look natural.

Tess was wearing black trousers at the show, and her presenting skills are streets ahead of those of Old Father Time.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess was wearing black trousers at the show, and her presenting skills are streets ahead of those of Old Father Time.

Yes, she's certainly far better at remembering her lines and rarely bumps into the furniture.
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you referring to "our Brucie" cos if you are - he is the consumate professional and makes Tess look like a wooden doll.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Are you referring to "our Brucie" cos if you are - he is the consumate professional and makes Tess look like a wooden doll.
    Brucie is a self centred pain in the arse..
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Brucie is a self centred pain in the arse..

Yep, I agree, big headed too.