ITV gearing up for autumn rebrand

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    ITV rebrand also includes a Pug (just like Ethel's little Willy!) having a bath!

That pug having a bath is so cute:D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice the regional name has vanished on the Sky EPG banner?
    Well it has in Granadaland. My other tuned in ITV regions (Wales and Border remain I see).
    Anyone else gonna complain to Sky, after all anyone trying to find alternative regions will have a struggle identifying the channels!

Its actually come back - before it was just ITV 1

EDIT: on Freeview anyway
  • JeeooorghhhbbbJeeooorghhhbbb Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the dog as such as it's fairly ubobtrusive, quite small and very transparent. I did wonder what the mark in the corner of the screen was until I realised it was ITV's new logo. But, as much as I don't really mind it, I just don't see the point of it. I'm intelligent enough to figure out for myself what channel I'm on. But I suppose the average ITV viewer might not be. ;)
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why the imgages- they distract from the ident?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope viewers turn off ITV and put on BBC4 :D
  • stevie45stevie45 Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice the regional name has vanished on the Sky EPG banner?
    Well it has in Granadaland. My other tuned in ITV regions (Wales and Border remain I see).
    Anyone else gonna complain to Sky, after all anyone trying to find alternative regions will have a struggle identifying the channels!
    I would have like to have seen ITV keep the regions name on the epg but i sense that this is a fresh start for ITV and that the regions are being phased out.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope viewers turn off ITV and put on BBC4 :D

Why would people turn to BBC Bore just because they don't like the new logo? :rolleyes:
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    The DOGs aren't for the viewers benefit. It's for the channel to reinforce brand identity. The idea being that you come to associate the new itv logo with your favourite programs.
  • rebelrebelrebelrebel Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    They also have the clockface of St. Stephen's Tower (which is the correct name; Big Ben is the bell inside it)

Not any more - it's now called the Elizabeth Tower ;)
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sign of a decent, well established, professional channel which had found its ground is one by which fails to need or see the benefit in having one. BBC One, BBC Two and Channel 4 now are left. I suspect they are aiming the channel now at dementia sufferers and care home residents in the age 65+ market. The channel had nothing for 57 years. So why now? The idiots who click on this forum who dislike people for disliking them are the ones who need to assess their lives. Don't click if you don't like. Just wait until the logo becomes very brightly whitely lit and huge with 'next up' 'tomorrow at 9' etc. Mark my words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    rebelrebel wrote: »

Thanks for reminding me. I've just remembered that I saw a report about that on News at Ten.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevie45 wrote: »
    I would have like to have seen ITV keep the regions name on the epg but i sense that this is a fresh start for ITV and that the regions are being phased out.

I think they should have been bold enough then to have said last Friday that was the case and laid them to rest properly. Their commitment to regional news is laughable at best and from what I saw tonight, Look East/BBC London now have me exclusively as a viewer, I can't be doing with the half-arsed chat show that is 'ITV News in East Anglia' or whatever it's called now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Anglia Knight isn't sitting in some skip somewhere now :mad::mad::mad:
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your easily pleased ,please can you tell me whats fun,friendly and how you are connected ?

:D haha
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, Calendar / Granada Reports / Lookaround survived the rebrand...

ITV News Anglia
    ITV News Calendar
    ITV News Central
    ITV News Channel TV
    ITV News Granada Reports
    ITV News London
    ITV News Lookaround / ITV News Tyne Tees (short bulletins as ITV News Tyne Tees & Border)
    ITV News Meridian
    ITV News Wales
    ITV News West Country
    Why has Granada Reports has survived. Why havent they rebranded along with other regions
    ITV Team wrote: »
    Hi,

Here's a short clip about the the ITV Rebrand, what's changed and why.

http://youtu.be/fdhgW0JrKlo

Let us know if you have any questions at:
    @ITV
    Facebook.com/itv

Thanks,

ITV Team

BIB: There was me thinking the video might actually answer the question people had been wondering about! :rolleyes:
    seen the ident and continuity into Emmerdale(I don't watch this show by the way!). ... I haven't seen any continuity at the end of programmes yet. Will do so later by catching just the last minute or so of Coronation Street through to Lewis(which I will actually be watching)

You sound very snobbish about not watching soaps, if you don't mind me saying.

Unfortunately credit squeezing continues, and has got worse. Emmerdale's credits now have a miserable plain black background. Even back when Coronation Street had those awful blue credits Emmerdale somehow managed to keep its own style. I hope not every programme is going to end in black! :( Just cos the credits are being squeezed, why can;t they have a background?? Another thing that video doesn't actually explain! :rolleyes:
  • tedjrrtedjrr Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find the post, but someone said that the "itv" curvy DOG breaks ITV's own requirements regarding safe areas. You bet: it isn't actually even 16:9 safe, let alone 4:3!

Most domestic displays are set to over-scan a little. Its a user setting, but usually the default. A sort of comfort thing reminiscent of the days of crts, but also eliminates all the crud that broadcasters still like to hide on the top few rows of pixels. The new curvy-feely ITV DOG is way to left of what should be an acceptable cut-off.

It could do with moving a tad inwards. Only a little,
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    NewExample wrote: »
    Reply from ITV:

On 14 Jan 2013, at 12:44, "ITV Viewer Services" <viewerservices@itv.com> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the ITV rebrand.

I can confirm that your comments have been noted here at ITV Viewer
    Services.

Many HD channels and digital channels already use Digital On Screen
    Graphics (DOGS), as a way of ensuring viewers always know what channel
    they are watching. We have introduced this for ITV, in line with the
    rest of our channels, which already carry them. We don't believe that
    this will effect viewers' enjoyment of our programmes.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact
    us here at ITV Viewer Services.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Sue

ITV Viewer Services
    I'm intelligent enough to figure out for myself what channel I'm on. But I suppose the average ITV viewer might not be. ;)
    Alberon wrote: »
    The DOGs aren't for the viewers benefit. It's for the channel to reinforce brand identity.
    ITV may have other ideas
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebelrebel wrote: »

And before that it's official name was actually simply the Clock Tower.
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Team wrote: »
    Hi,

Here's a short clip about the the ITV Rebrand, what's changed and why.

http://youtu.be/fdhgW0JrKlo

Let us know if you have any questions at:
    @ITV
    Facebook.com/itv

Thanks,

ITV Team

May I ask why you cannot remove the logo during programmes? 57 years you haven't needed to use one on screen. Digital television should be the era now to remove them, info bars and EPG and channel bars make it unnecessary. They should've been used in the analogue days if that is your argument, and it should not be there.
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that has happened as a result of the rebrand is that when the end of programme credits start to go up ITV in their wisdom have opted to now shrink the picture to the top right of the screen so you cant see the people who have contributed into making the programme. This really is annoying. Is there anything that ITV can do reduced the amount of time that this happens

Indeed mate. I just caught the end of Cornwall with Caroline Quention, to see what the continuity at the end of programmes is like. Really dissapointed to see that ITV are still sticking with the annoying credit sqeeuze method. Really annoying. Why oh why do ITV(and other TV channels) insist on doing this now?

The presentation and continuity style is very much similar to how it was previously really. Was hoping it would be better and improved.

That said, I prefer the new idents and jingles to the previous ones we had for several years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say it's barely a watermark. Very nicely done
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I blame sky as they started all this dog business.

Why, did they let the dogs out? :D
  • mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    ITV may have other ideas

Saying it's there so viewers know what channel they are watching is the usual code for reinforcing brand identity. They sort of mean the same thing at one level, though in pure informational terms it's obviously bunk.

Must remember to say it's affecting my enjoyment of their programmes in my complaint for when I get their standard reply. :)
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new continuity announcers sound like they would be far more suited to ITV2 than ITV.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    The DOGs aren't for the viewers benefit. It's for the channel to reinforce brand identity. The idea being that you come to associate the new itv logo with your favourite programs.
    Complete nonsense, no proof whatsoever to back this up. DOGs were just a fad that came over from US cable TV where there were large numbers of channels but a lot of boxes had no channel on screen ids, MTV was the first to have one. There's no real justification for them now everyone can tell what channel they are on with a choice of numerous buttons to press once, and if you have a decent non Sky box you don't have to press any button at all....
  • LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV1 is now ITV and ITV4 has some quite funny new idents.

ITV Rebrand in a Nutshell

ITV4 New Idents