Options

Can't stand Joey Essex

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand him and it's simply because of his thicko act which he thinks amuses the public so much and makes him 'lovable'...pass the sick bucket.

If he couldn't tell the time he wouldn't have been able to win the 'guessing of when sixty seconds have past' for a start, because he wouldn't have known 'how' to count them, OR HOW MANY SECONDS WERE IN A MINUTE. And trying to pass off his success by saying he was good with 'numbers'. Lies lies lies.

What must he think people think of his dad when he tells all these lies. . He's portraying his dad as never have been around to teach him how to tell the time FGS or...or ...teach him..ANYTHING! How can ANYBODY who is mentally able grow up without knowing about clocks. I mean come on does he think the public fall for his act?? NO! It just annoys them .
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hamming up of his stupidity slipped again last night when Joey expressed an interest in cooking the sausages they'd got for their meal. He was brushed aside and he said to camera later the other campmates probably didn't realise he could cook and that he was doing a full Christmas dinner for everyone at home this year.... Not bad for someone who can barely walk and talk at the same time. :rolleyes:

During the mini task with Alphonso, Joey solved the countdown style anagram conundrum in a flash :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's the boy that cried wolf, if you pretend you can't blow your own nose, don't be surprised if people won't trust you with the most precious commodity in camp, the grub :cool:
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After he and Alfonso did that crosswords task in the Bush Telegraph he literally called himself the hero.
    What a conceited little jerk.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey is a good cook apparently.
    Not just beans on toast, but able to cook a full Christmas dinner.

What's wrong with that you may ask?

Well if you can cook then you pretty much need to know how to tell the time.

That's the thing with compulsive liars, as they tell lies so often their lies end up not being consistent with each other, and at some point they inevitably slip up.
  • Options
    ericabericab Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an attention seeking c*ck who isn't at all endearing.

I'm almost too ashamed to admit that my almost 19 year old daughter thinks he's brilliant, thinks he's so thick he's hilarious, seriously, where did I go wrong?

I really can't stand that the show is becoming the 'Joey Essex' show, there are other celebs in there and they should be shown in equal measure.

If he were related to me, I'd be deeply embarrassed at what he comes out with and really what has he achieved? I'll admit I've never watched TOWIE and never will and even though I live in Essex, people like JE compel me to say that I am NOT Essex born & bred but that it is merely the county I happen to live in.

I truly hope that he's the first one out but sadly, I think my hope will be in vain :mad:
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    The only way is NOT Essex :mad:

:D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Joey Essex seems ok he doesn't come across as nasty, and has been a good provider for the camp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    ericab wrote: »
    He's an attention seeking c*ck who isn't at all endearing.

I'm almost too ashamed to admit that my almost 19 year old daughter thinks he's brilliant, thinks he's so thick he's hilarious, seriously, where did I go wrong?

I really can't stand that the show is becoming the 'Joey Essex' show, there are other celebs in there and they should be shown in equal measure.

If he were related to me, I'd be deeply embarrassed at what he comes out with and really what has he achieved? I'll admit I've never watched TOWIE and never will and even though I live in Essex, people like JE compel me to say that I am NOT Essex born & bred but that it is merely the county I happen to live in.

I truly hope that he's the first one out but sadly, I think my hope will be in vain :mad:

I feel that most of the cast of that show must have gone to the same prep school for showbiz as they all go on to do other things with the same sort of patter " I'm thick, I am alla Mark Wright, Lauren, Amy,Arg el al and yet they go on to run businesses, boutiques, present shows abroad.

I personally have not fallen for the Joey, I'm thick, I am routine. A telling example is how he was whining about his neck hurting whilst sitting next to Amy. When Rebecca offered to give him a sports massage, he kept conveniently quiet UNTIL Amy shot up and started massaging his back. If he was in that much pain, he would have accepted help from anyone, immediately. He wanted to prove he could get Amy to do it, and he did! Smart ay?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »
    The only way is NOT Essex :mad:

:D:o

:D:D:D:D

Agree. I am crossing all my fingers and toes that Joey does NOT win. There are very few celebrities in that jungle - beauty queens and reality 'stars' are not celebrities.

Personally I think it is not a great line-up. Really hope Amy or Joey are the first ones out and we can actually see more of Rebecca, Lucy, Steve, Vincent, Kian, Annabel, Laila, David, Alfonso and Matthew. To me the series thus far has been The Joey Show with Amy in the supporting role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Rioxxx wrote: »
    I feel that most of the cast of that show must have gone to the same prep school for showbiz as they all go on to do other things with the same sort of patter " I'm thick, I am alla Mark Wright, Lauren, Amy,Arg el al and yet they go on to run businesses, boutiques, present shows abroad.

I personally have not fallen for the Joey, I'm thick, I am routine. A telling example is how he was whining about his neck hurting whilst sitting next to Amy. When Rebecca offered to give him a sports massage, he kept conveniently quiet UNTIL Amy shot up and started massaging his back. If he was in that much pain, he would have accepted help from anyone, immediately. He wanted to prove he could get Amy to do it, and he did! Smart ay?:rolleyes:

Showing respect for Rebeccas boyfriend?
    Amy single?
    Of course he was milking it lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey is a good cook apparently.
    Not just beans on toast, but able to cook a full Christmas dinner.

What's wrong with that you may ask?

Well if you can cook then you pretty much need to know how to tell the time.

That's the thing with compulsive liars, as they tell lies so often their lies end up not being consistent with each other, and at some point they inevitably slip up.

That's exactly what I said to my other half.

If you can cook a full Christmas dinner for a few people, you can tell the time, as its all about timings, skill and know how - all of which Joey is pretending he doesn't have.

Other rather annoying things I've noticed about him :

1. He's started referring to himself, self importantly, in the third person.

2. Whilst doing a task involving critters, he immediately starts shouting that he's been bitten. Even when the thing he is talking about doesn't bite (I'm thinking eels which were ignoring him and don't bite, and those lizards that were sat on his stomach, doing absolutely bog all in terms of movement, let alone biting).

3. Once he has won stars/meals for camp, he does not shut up about it. Okay he's done well but then we have "I done good dint I?", the "yeahhhh meeeeee, Joey got the stars", prompting more praise from camp, then we have a little victory dance from time to time to remind people he brought home the grub, then he mentions it about five times as the grub appears in the bag being lowered into camp, then he'll mention it again whilst eating. :rolleyes:

It's like his constantly got to have his ego stroked and feels the need to remind everyone he's the hero of the hour.

When they first jumped out of the helicopters, I was gritting my teeth because Joey said EXACTLY what Mark Wright constantly said during trials, "Ahm doin' viss for the team, guys".
    As if the others aren't. :rolleyes:
    In fact last year, Mark Wright said this once too often and Fatima Whitbread ripped into him and said, "We are ALL doing it for the team, Mark!"

He's a self important, conceited, man baby and I am so glad this thread is here so I can vent ! :D
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still love to know how thick boy, managed to pass his driving theory test, and the driving test.

Just read this if it's true it show's the fan's who follow him are as thick as him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/internet-trolls-target-im-celebritys-2844998.

Plus again if this is true, after celeb he is getting his own Reality Show :rolleyes:

So it’s been decided. Joey Essex is the star of this year’s I’m A Celebrity…

When he leaves the jungle the prize is his own reality TV show in which he will star alongside his family. Then he’s off to Africa to film a documentary about monkeys.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/carole-malone-column-im-celebrity-2845339

So he now thinks hes Doctor Doolittle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-celebrity-watch-joey-essex-2846694
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    I would still love to know how thick boy, managed to pass his driving theory test, and the driving test.

Just read this if it's true it show's the fan's who follow him are as thick as him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/internet-trolls-target-im-celebritys-2844998.

Plus again if this is true, after celeb he is getting his own Reality Show :rolleyes:

When he leaves the jungle the prize is his own reality TV show in which he will star alongside his family. Then he’s off to Africa to film a documentary about monkeys.

I agree some of his followers are nasty idiots. Nothing new there.The problem is that any idiot has the forum to spew their bile now.
    As far as Carole Malone's opinion goes has she read this forum for her inspiration? Can't stand the overbearing woman. Her comment about Joey being thick is just not true. He is conning the public IMO. He quickly worked out the muddled letters last night and that mask slipped, dramatically. That is far from being illiterate. He knows exactly what he's doing. This culture of "Thick head" worship began a few years ago with Jade Goody making fortunes from it. He and his family will however be laughing all the way to the bank
    Also Rebecca was not upset as far as I saw about any comparison being overtly stated between her and Amy . She has been bullied and mocked by infantile idiots about her looks for too long. A thicker skin is needed but not always easy to acquire.
    ITV having a vested interest in any campmate is simply unfair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »

Noooooooooooo :eek: Please say that ^^ isn't true.

I can see myself cancelling my tv licence at this rate. :(