Options

Louis Van Gaals persistance with 352

FrimpongedFrimponged Posts: 111
Forum Member
anyone know why he keeps playing this awful formation. we play much better in a diamond. We need to move carrick back into midfield ffs. playing our best mf in defence is bizzare as is rooney in cm, need herrera there imo

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've posted in the wrong thread :)

I have no idea but I do know that you're talking about Man Utd. :D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mate, I'm totally with you on this - I hate the 3-5-2 formation and love United - but you're on the wrong forum :D.

Just in case anyone gets confused, Louis Van Gaal is not a soap character :D.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha thought Louis had joined Eastenders for a minute then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was the latest Corrie 'comedy' storyline.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of the David Moyes recast.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of the David Moyes recast.

:o:o

Really :o:o:o you must be a Leeds, Liverpool or aRsenal fan :D:D

I think Van Gaal is doing fine and as we saw at the world cup he knows what tactics mean unlike mr moyes
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You what...
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a new character. He will be a Dutch cousin of Roy.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I hope he persists with it. Man United are lucky shite
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think playing Max Branning in defence was his biggest mistake, if you're going to commit to 3-5-2 you want that back line to be absolutely solid, which you'd only get with someone like Abi or Kat holding the line.

In the midfield, the most crucial element is your defensive defensive mid. Zak Dingle ticks all the boxes for me. Athletic, able to make decisions quickly, plays a solid long-ball, oafish wife cheering him on from the sidelines.

The only other criticism I'd have on van Gaal's lineup would be his striking partnership. It will always be Deirdre and Des Lennis for me, the 'Double-D team'. Goals on tap when they are on the offensive.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Dot Cotton or Norris would be a better striker?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I think playing Max Branning in defence was his biggest mistake, if you're going to commit to 3-5-2 you want that back line to be absolutely solid, which you'd only get with someone like Abi or Kat holding the line.

In the midfield, the most crucial element is your defensive defensive mid. Zak Dingle ticks all the boxes for me. Athletic, able to make decisions quickly, plays a solid long-ball oafish wife cheering him on from the sidelines.

The only other criticism I'd have on van Gaal's lineup would be his striking partnership. It will always be Deirdre and Des Lennis for me, the 'Double-D team'. Goals on tap when they are on the offensive.
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »

In the midfield, the most crucial element is your defensive defensive mid. Zak Dingle ticks all the boxes for me. Athletic, able to make decisions quickly, plays a solid long-ball, oafish wife cheering him on from the sidelines.

Kat trying to keep something out..
    Zack holding position...
    Deirdre trying to breathe...
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Dot Cotton or Norris would be a better striker?

ooh I dunno all that fuss about his parcel delivery not sure he would be able to hit the goal and deliver
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this who Andrew Sachs is playing in EE? :p