Breakfast ideas for some one who hates breakfast.

2»

Comments

• gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go for it, though - the old adage

Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dine like a Pauper

eg, this link of many

http://therunningbug.co.uk/articles/food_and_weight_loss/b/weblog/archive/2011/01/05/breakfast-like-a-king-lunch-like-a-prince-dine-like-a-pauper.aspx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lunch?

But seriously, I do get where you're coming from as my appetite's often down in the morning and I also find breakfast quite problematic. But as Gemma the H and others say, breakfast is GOOD!

So the things that have helped me to want to eat before 11am are:

Toasted sliced bagel with lite philly and some thinly sliced tomato with a bit of sea salt and lots of black pepper.

Anything that involves a bit of smoked salmon, however microscopically small the salmon component is, so it can be quite economical, eg microwave scrambled egg (it can work, I promise!) on a toasted bagel half.

Some porridge oats bunged in the micro with a bit of milk or Alpro type soya milk and either raisins or sultanas or some ancient raspberries which were once reduced in Asda and are now in the freezer, and then I might add a tiny bit more cold milk so it's not too scalding. Sometimes I'm a bit perverse and put a very very small bit of sea salt on the top too.

Wholemeal toast and Marmite.

:D
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    Kedgeree is gorgeous in the morning.

I warm it up from cold and add bits of butter to it - lovely.

From 2:25 onwards on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn3soBViAj4
  • trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Kedgeree is gorgeous in the morning.

I warm it up from cold and add bits of butter to it - lovely.
    [/url]

You can make a big batch and freeze it too. I use plastic containers from the chinese for this.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    DrPepper wrote: »
    I just don't enjoy breakfast foods. Does anyone have alternative breakfast ideas? Thanks btw

Fresh fruit.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    fruit, some nuts, smoothies, I love breakfast