Options

Has Revolution been picked up by a Uk network yet?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Saw the trailer and this show does nothing for me. As far as i'm concerned JJ Abrams is a one-hit wonder with the hit being Lost. I'm sure many others will disagree and that's fine but i can't see this lasting more than one season.

I disagree. Lost was rubbish and therefore JJ Abrams has not had any hits in my book!
  • Options
    OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbramley wrote: »
    I disagree. Lost was rubbish and therefore JJ Abrams has not had any hits in my book!

Lost was rubbish??? nearly choked on me tea there! :eek: and revolution aint too bad so far at all! watched the 1st 2 episodes...brill! ...maybe im just a fan of the fellas work
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Huge fan of Lost and loved Fringe (from what I got to see of it when I had Sky). Plus Person of Interest is great thus far. I also really liked Star Trek 2009. So Abrams is a four hit wonder for me. Really hoping this gets picked up here as it's my most anticipated new show of the 2012-13 season.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god this is one of the worst shows I have ever had the misfortune of seeing

Gave it 2 episodes but I can see this being cancelled so why bother continuing to watch. Has all the hallmarks of being another Flashforward/The Event/Terra Nova
  • Options
    OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god this is one of the worst shows I have ever had the misfortune of seeing

Gave it 2 episodes but I can see this being cancelled so why bother continuing to watch. Has all the hallmarks of being another Flashforward/The Event/Terra Nova

exactly! thats why im watching it :D
  • Options
    blisteringblueblisteringblue Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    OnexOne wrote: »
    exactly! thats why im watching it :D

It's quite fun, it's not going to win any awards but I'll keep watching it. It is very flash forward though as the story of why it happened unfolds I guess.
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched two episodes, unlikely to watch a third but you never know.

I hate shows that are full of stupid people making stupid decisions (unless it's hilarious). Also, where did all the guns go when the electricity went away? There are about half a billion guns in the US right now and enough ammo to last until 2099. But that's just nit-picking given the premise of the show.

There's such a marked difference between network fare like this and what you get on HBO. And I don't mean the adult material, I mean the intelligence of the script.

(edit - and Lost was tarnished once it became obvious they were making it up as they went along, and I hated Juliet so that's not doing Revolution any favours either. I don't like how she "acts".)
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member

In fairness it makes Terra Nova look like a masterpiece :D
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I doubt Revolution will be picked up by the UK, bad reviews both side of the pond, i would expect it will be canned soon, dire show.
  • Options
    SiGaSiGa Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Revolution. 3rd episode tonight.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    I doubt Revolution will be picked up by the UK, bad reviews both side of the pond, i would expect it will be canned soon, dire show.

A show being canned in the States doesn't stop it being picked up over here.

Two recent cases that spring to mind are Awake and A Gifted Man
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    True.
    Just sad that people can't be patient.

Or they don't want to miss out on something that may never be shown over here.

Did The Nine ever get shown in the UK? White Collar?
    Going further back, M.A.N.T.I.S.? Birds of Prey?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or they don't want to miss out on something that may never be shown over here.

Did The Nine ever get shown in the UK? White Collar?
    Going further back, M.A.N.T.I.S.? Birds of Prey?

Season 1 of White Collar was shown on Bravo (I think) a few years back but Alibi recently bought the rights and they are starting to show Season 2 on 16th October at 10pm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    A lot of people discussing JJ's best shows, and noone mentions Alias?

I am dissapoint.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dadioflex wrote: »
    ...Also, where did all the guns go when the electricity went away? There are about half a billion guns in the US right now and enough ammo to last until 2099. But that's just nit-picking given the premise of the show.

One of the failings of the show is how they skip from the blackout to 15 years later with little to say what happened in the immediate aftermath. What would have happened is a complete collapse of society with a very, very large percentage of the population dying from starvation or murdered by their fellow survivors.
    So there would still be guns but they'll be useless as the ammo will have long been used up - hence we saw muskets in use - as gunpowder is fairly easy to make.
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    One of the failings of the show is how they skip from the blackout to 15 years later with little to say what happened in the immediate aftermath. What would have happened is a complete collapse of society with a very, very large percentage of the population dying from starvation or murdered by their fellow survivors.
    So there would still be guns but they'll be useless as the ammo will have long been used up - hence we saw muskets in use - as gunpowder is fairly easy to make.

I re-iterate. There are billions of rounds of ammo in the US and in those 15 years someone would have re-invented the 19th century ability to make cordite and priming caps. Re-inventing the musket would be a far bigger technological challenge. Anyway.... that isn't the big problem with the show, so whatever.

I should give up entirely on TV SF. It's universally dire and degrades to swirly fingers magic to explain everything. Even Walking Dead, though watchable and good fodder for drinking games, is very poorly written.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I should give up entirely on TV SF. It's universally dire and degrades to swirly fingers magic to explain everything.

I take it you're not a big fan of Doctor Who then? :D
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what the ratings are like but Revolution has been given a full season order so it's going to play out until the end of its current run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else in Britain think 'Charlie' looks like a thinner version of Sarah Beeny?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I re-iterate. There are billions of rounds of ammo in the US and in those 15 years someone would have re-invented the 19th century ability to make cordite and priming caps. Re-inventing the musket would be a far bigger technological challenge. Anyway.... that isn't the big problem with the show, so whatever.

I should give up entirely on TV SF. It's universally dire and degrades to swirly fingers magic to explain everything. Even Walking Dead, though watchable and good fodder for drinking games, is very poorly written.

I've watched the first two episodes while this is no emmy award winning TV series, it's easy to watch.

However I cannot recall at any point anyone saying there are no guns. What I did hear was its illegal to own a gun by punishment of death. This has been mentioned a couple of time, please correct me if I missed something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Numa wrote: »
    However I cannot recall at any point anyone saying there are no guns.

No, but with a few exceptions they are muzzle-loaders of the American Civil War variety.

To me the whole show plays like a post-American Civil War western drama.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revolution has been picked up by Sky.
  • Options
    PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Revolution has been picked up by Sky.

Where did you get this from? Source?

Geektown and tvwise still say it not acquired by any UK broadcaster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Can confirm its been picked up by sky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    RHIGGINSON wrote: »
    Can confirm its been picked up by sky.

Do you have a source for that?/How do you know?