I have a Gemini D10 IF THAT MAKE SENCE

every time I try all I get is you don't have any devices

am lost if anyone could help me please thanks

Comments

• LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    How are you trying to get apps? Through Google Play? And are you doing it through the tablet itself?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.geminidevices.com/manuals/GEM1000Manual.pdf

Is it just me that finds it unusual that it comes pre-loaded with the Amazon App store?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    http://www.geminidevices.com/manuals/GEM1000Manual.pdf

Is it just me that finds it unusual that it comes pre-loaded with the Amazon App store?

Yes, the manual says it uses the Amazon store, so the OP needs to follow the instructions here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391&ref=mas_fad_gs

Then sign in with an Amazon account. I'm sure you can just create one if your don't have one.
  • LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    How are you trying to get apps? Through Google Play? And are you doing it through the tablet itself?

through the tablet itself

I go to sky website try and get the sky go app I get the same message. I go to google play and get the same message

this is my first tablet so am a bit lost at the moment
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myself and others contributed lots of useful tips/information in this thread.

You should be able to find a solution - good luck :cool:
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    LFCKEV71 wrote: »
    through the tablet itself

I go to sky website try and get the sky go app I get the same message. I go to google play and get the same message

this is my first tablet so am a bit lost at the moment

Do you mean you're trying to do it via the web browser? That won't work. All clicking on the link in the browser will do is try to open the app (like Google play) on your device and if it's not installed nothing will happen.

Like the other posters have said you need either some sort of store app on the device (like Google Play store or possibly Amazon's one if you have it). If you don't have that you can download apps from websites (they have the .apk file extension) you normally do this via your PC and then copy the app to the device once it's connected to your PC as a disk drive. But to be honest if you're not used to tablets give that a miss.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean you're trying to do it via the web browser? That won't work. All clicking on the link in the browser will do is try to open the app (like Google play) on your device and if it's not installed nothing will happen.

Like the other posters have said you need either some sort of store app on the device (like Google Play store or possibly Amazon's one if you have it). If you don't have that you can download apps from websites (they have the .apk file extension) you normally do this via your PC and then copy the app to the device once it's connected to your PC as a disk drive. But to be honest if you're not used to tablets give that a miss.
    I couldn't disagree more!

I know what I do about tablets because I was encouraged to do things like that by other tablet users in forums.

With their help and by using step-by-step YouTube guides - it's very easy to do.

Although it takes a while to become familiar with all the jargon, I would argue that most people could do stuff like transferring files from PC to tablet without difficulty.

You learned, and I learned so OP can too.