Walkers Tiger Nuts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
Forum Member
Anyone tried them, I'm addicted to the Salt & Vinegar ones. Bacon ones quite nice too and I have a packet of the curry ones in the cupboard to try too. My new snack of choice:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know Walkers did these so thanks for that. I posted a week or so ago in the international snack thread that Tijgernootjes were my favourite snack. I think these will be the same thing. Just ordered some.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, they're the same as Tijgernootjes, but with British flavours.
    Are they a new thing in Britain?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, only launched in April. I'm very excited about tomorrow's grocery delivery. No idea what else I have ordered apart from Tiger Nuts. :D
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I wasn't aware of these!:eek: I love tiger nuts.

I remember ( I'm 55 btw:rolleyes::() that I used to buy a match box size pack of these on the way home from school.

I've only ever been reunited with them during holidays in Valencia.

Will definitely be on the look out!

Who sells them? Tesco etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are definitely in Asda online. I'll be gutted if they don't arrive tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    They are definitely in Asda online. I'll be gutted if they don't arrive tomorrow :D

I'm aiming for Asda after the gym tomorrow! Thanks Jackie.:)
    Our Tesco & Asda are a ten minute walk from each other so I'm sure hubby can chauffeur me around.:o:D

I used to buy ' horchatas' (sp?) the low fat one when in Valencia - love it.
    Now we only go to in laws in Turkey as we've an apartment there too - bus man's holiday.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! We have Tiger Nuts!

It looks like they have just stuck a Walkers sticker over the pack too.

Tijgernootjes. Hurray!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Just demolished another packet of salt n vinegar! I didnt like the curry ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Tigers were protected these days ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got some but was too scared to put my hand in the packet. :o
  • TasaTasa Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm aiming for Asda after the gym tomorrow! Thanks Jackie.:)
    Our Tesco & Asda are a ten minute walk from each other so I'm sure hubby can chauffeur me around.:o:D

I used to buy ' horchatas' (sp?) the low fat one when in Valencia - love it.
    Now we only go to in laws in Turkey as we've an apartment there too - bus man's holiday.:(

I hope you weren't disappointed Utopian Girl, as the Walkers Tiger Nuts are peanuts with a stripey flavoured coating (supposedly to look like tiger stripes) as opposed to chufas (tiger nuts) which you were referring to and which make the drink "horchata de chufas", which I agree is delicious :)
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    The bacon ones are horrible. They taste all synthetic and give me a headache.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Havn't tried these yet but here is a really good review on the Walkers Tiger Nuts.
    Masala Curry, Smoky Bacon, Salt & Vinegar and Sweet Chilli.

http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/walkers-tiger-nuts-masala-curry-smoky.html
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havn't tried these yet but here is a really good review on the Walkers Tiger Nuts.
    Masala Curry, Smoky Bacon, Salt & Vinegar and Sweet Chilli.

http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/walkers-tiger-nuts-masala-curry-smoky.html

Ha, that press release. "Walkers have developed a new snack". They've been around in the Netherlands for decades.
    The British flavours look delicious. Next time I'm in the UK I'll give them a try.
    Forum Member
    Tasa wrote: »
    I hope you weren't disappointed Utopian Girl, as the Walkers Tiger Nuts are peanuts with a stripey flavoured coating (supposedly to look like tiger stripes) as opposed to chufas (tiger nuts) which you were referring to and which make the drink "horchata de chufas", which I agree is delicious :)

Really?!:eek:
    Aww, I am disappointed - fortunately we didn't go to the major supermarkets as our freezer/fridges were full - I was anticipating 'chufas' Tasa.:(
    Thanks for letting me know.
  • catzooocatzooo Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    The sweet chilli flavour are lovely. Don't like curry flavour tiger nuts.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    So these are just coated peanuts then. Just like Nobby's Nuts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    I bought the Masala Curry ones from ASDA and thought they were yummy! :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've tried the S&V and the curry ones. Not fussed with either. Nobby's Sweet Chilli are better but personally not fussed with coated nuts at all.