I am sure that Kate is thinner than Diana when she was pregnant?

Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
Forum Member
✭✭
I couldn't believe how think Kate looked when I saw pictures of her with her four month baby bump.I was really shocked at her appearance.
Remembering Diana she was never this thin when she was pregnant.
Surely that can't be either good for mother and unborn baby for her to be so thin?
Between this woman having a go at her in her book and Viviane Westwood as well it seems that Kate can't do right for doing wrong.
Why is it nowadays that Women have to be seen as being thin if they are in the public eye?
I wonder as Victoria Beckham and other clebs who starve themselves to be thin how will this effect their bones as they get older?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281371/Kate-Middleton-just-Diana-Lite-says-Julie-Burchill-A-N-Wilson-argues-Duchess-Cambridge-textbook-royal.html

Comments

• Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Hoity Toity Kate has allowed for the photos to be shown. She seems to think she can pick and chose when she wants her photo taken.
    I really do not like the social climbing gold digger..
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Hoity Toity Kate has allowed for the photos to be shown. She seems to think she can pick and chose when she wants her photo taken.

Julie Evans from the Daily Mail - is that you? :D
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the Royal family "showbiz"? Not being rude. Genuine question.

I think it's a bit silly that her tiny "bump" made the front page. It's almost like we have never seen a pregnant woman before!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie Evans from the Daily Mail - is that you? :D

Ha, no. I wish I did have a job like hers though. I'm just a lowley civil servant from Newcastle...
    I've never liked Kate from day one and I think she is exactly what I said she is...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe how think Kate looked when I saw pictures of her with her four month baby bump.I was really shocked at her appearance.
    Surely that can't be either good for mother and unborn baby for her to be so thin?
    Between this woman having a go at her in her book and Viviane Westwood as well it seems that Kate can't do right for doing wrong.
    Why is it nowadays that Women have to be seen as being thin if they are in the public eye?
    I wonder as Victoria Beckham and other clebs who starve themselves to be thin how will this effect their bones as they get older?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281371/Kate-Middleton-just-Diana-Lite-says-Julie-Burchill-A-N-Wilson-argues-Duchess-Cambridge-textbook-royal.html

Bit of a disingenuous comment really as this thread seems to be having a pop as well.

I don't like her. I don't like the royals and I don't find it admirable to have never done a proper day's work in order to wait to marry into money. That aside, some women are naturally slender and Kate is clearly one of them. Some women are enormous when pregnant - some have tiny bumps. I'm sure she will have the best medical care money can buy and will carry a healthy baby to full term.

As for bone health - as thin women get older they have to take calcium supplements to protect against brittle bone disease. Kate is probably already doing this.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's because, funnily enough, Kate isn't Diana.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, no. I wish I did have a job like hers though. I'm just a lowley civil servant from Newcastle...
    I've never liked Kate from day one and I think she is exactly what I said she is...

Er, don't flatter yourself. Julie Evans isn't a columnist, she's a woman who positively loathes Kate, but can't stop herself moaning about her on the comments section.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused: Hilary Mantel didn't have a go at her, in a book or anywhere else. She gave a talk - an excellent one - about her new book, Royal Bodies, and if you read the transcript (link below) of that talk, rather than taking the DM's misinterpretation of it as fact, you'll see that Mantel was in fact on Kate's side and her target was, funnily enough, the media and their insistence on presenting her and other royal women before her as docile, empty, inane clotheshorses there to fulfil the public's fantasy of what a princess/queen should be.

It's a cracking read and it's such a shame it's been so moronically misinterpreted, ironically, by the very people she's targetting.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n04/hilary-mantel/royal-bodies
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, woman who isn't another woman doesn't look like her shocker :rolleyes:
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a disingenuous comment really as this thread seems to be having a pop as well.

I don't like her. I don't like the royals and I don't find it admirable to have never done a proper day's work in order to wait to marry into money. That aside, some women are naturally slender and Kate is clearly one of them. Some women are enormous when pregnant - some have tiny bumps. I'm sure she will have the best medical care money can buy and will carry a healthy baby to full term.

As for bone health - as thin women get older they have to take calcium supplements to protect against brittle bone disease. Kate is probably already doing this.

It's not Kate that I am having a go at. It's the whole celeb culture of having to be thin.
    Kate was slim when I first saw her in pictures when she was William's girlfriend but she wasn't as thin as this.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes i am aware of this.:rolleyes: I mentioned Diana because as Diana had anorexia I wouldn't like to see Kate going the same way just to stay slim.
    But one thing Diana and Kate did have in common was both of them when they met their future husbands and when they were engaged were not as thin as they both ended up being.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :confused: Hilary Mantel didn't have a go at her, in a book or anywhere else. She gave a talk - an excellent one - about her new book, Royal Bodies, and if you read the transcript (link below) of that talk, rather than taking the DM's misinterpretation of it as fact, you'll see that Mantel was in fact on Kate's side and her target was, funnily enough, the media and their insistence on presenting her and other royal women before her as docile, empty, inane clotheshorses there to fulfil the public's fantasy of what a princess/queen should be.

It's a cracking read and it's such a shame it's been so moronically misinterpreted, ironically, by the very people she's targetting.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n04/hilary-mantel/royal-bodies

Thank you...I read it that way too
  • purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Kate that I am having a go at. It's the whole celeb culture of having to be thin.
    Kate was slim when I first saw her in pictures when she was William's girlfriend but she wasn't as thin as this.

To be fair she was constantly vomiting for a good few months, she might chunk out a bit yet! I was 7.5 stone when I fell pregnant and only a tiny bit over 9 stone when I gave birth so she may not be able to put much weight on at all if she is still being sick...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i am aware of this.:rolleyes: I mentioned Diana because as Diana had anorexia I wouldn't like to see Kate going the same way just to stay slim.
    But one thing Diana and Kate did have in common was both of them when they met their future husbands and when they were engaged were not as thin as they both ended up being.

No she didn't.

She had bulimia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, don't flatter yourself. Julie Evans isn't a columnist, she's a woman who positively loathes Kate, but can't stop herself moaning about her on the comments section.

To be honest, I've never heard of Julie Evans and I don't read the Daily Mail so I'm not flattering myself. I would love a job that is not as crap as the one I do now though.
    I still stand by what I say about Kate though, I just don't fall for the sweet innocent facade that she puts on. She's a cunning bugger...
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: Her parents are millionaires, aren't they?

Agree with your first point though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will find fault with whoever William had married. I really don't know how some folks can be so vicious about a young woman who's pretty bland and inoffensive.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate's maybe not exactly the weight Diana was when she was pregnant, but she's near enough. She looks okay anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but who actually gives a f*ck this is one of the most pointless threads i have seen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    js911 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but who actually gives a f*ck this is one of the most pointless threads i have seen.

Then why contribute to something you find 'pointless'? :confused:
  • SmoothySmoothy Posts: 180
    Forum Member

Why mention Diana at all? If it's because of some anorexia/bulimia condition Diana had, so did plenty of other people, so why mention Diana?

It's fine to mention concern that pregnant Kate looks thin but no need to link it to Diana whatsoever - it just comes across as another obsessively desperate pointless link of Kate to Diana.

However, women comes in all shapes and sizes, so no need to assume that Kate is deliberately being thin in order to look good in the public eye, that is a very silly assumption to make especially as you are basing it on nothing whatsoever.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Kate have to be like Diana?

She is well proportioned, she looks healthy and she has along way to go in her pregnancy.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read Mantel's intereview in full and it's an interesting perceptive. I've read Birchill's account and it's full of the usual old preduices - I don't like Bitchill - I find that she is horribly partisan - seems to have a problem with anyone who publically sets any store by motherhood unless they are Diana, saintly spice is one satiric film on the eve of the Millienium dubbed her (probably because Birchill effectively abandoned her child by Tony Parsons) it's a sort of defensive mechanism to attack other mothers and diminish their importance because she rather epically failed as one the first time round.

I think Diana did much good and that her influence has done much to teach William to behave as much like a normal person as can reasonably be expected by someone of his wealth and public profile but I also think that Charles was as much a victim of their mis-matched marriage as Diana was. He was I believe pressurised into making a match with a 'suitable' girl with a 'spotless rep' and if he resented her charity work and rep at times - it's understandable - most of the public and media always prefered her to him - as she was pretty and glamourous and he did do stuff for charity - the Princes Trust springs immediately to mind.

I don't like A N Wilson either but he is right - Kate is damned if she does anything interesting - Stepford Wives don't sunbath topless as a rule of thumb or smoke - and damned if she doesn't as boring, as Adam Ant once put "``goody two shoes, don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?, stuble inneudo follows, must be something inside".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    BIB: Her parents are millionaires, aren't they?

Agree with your first point though!

Her parents are renowned social climbers tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a pain in the arse.
    I bet the Queen is really peed off and annoyed by her and misses Diana!
    all the trouble over her topless photos, then the poor nurses suicide, then more topless photos. She just causes trouble and causes misery. Nothing really good to say about her at all. No amount of good PR will help her she is not likable.

She is an annoying boring skinny bland bint. She probably swaps dieting tips with Peaches Geldof, another Mother who is starving herself.