This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Tess and Claud both have appalling posture. Tess I can understand (but not forgive) because she is tall and probably tries to look smaller by slouching but Claud would look so much better with her shoulders back.

These knee slides... how do the dancers control them? Do they press their insteps on the floor or something to control / slow the speed? Otherwise how can they judge where they're going to end up? Both needing knee replacements if they crash knees? :D

I don't think they do, there have been a few crashes, I seem to remember someone crashing into a camera and damaging their nose (possibly Robbie Savage?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Please please could Mark be made thread pet (joint with Hair) quick before results show?

Sorry about your cat KK but glad about new kitty. (Lost our old cat age 19 couple years ago and got our current kitty from our vet 2 years ago now - someone had left her there to be PTS and she's only 6. Anyway she's some character.)
  • kamikazecatkamikazecat Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    That is a happy ending - or beginning for your rescue girl.
    As long as you call her Hairspay ;)

:D:D:D
    Almost called her Iveta!
    Settled on Scarlett after Scarlett O'Hara though.
    Perhaps her full title will be Scarlett Queen Iveta Hairspray. Can imagine the look on the vet receptionist's face when I swan in and introduce her...
    Think I may have had too much wine....
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dianie wrote: »
    Please please could Mark be made thread pet (joint with Hair) quick before results show?

Sorry about your cat KK but glad about new kitty. (Lost our old cat age 19 couple years ago and got our current kitty from our vet 2 years ago now - someone had left her there to be PTS and she's only 6. Anyway she's some character.)

I agree, we will remember Mark and hair for a long time with great fondness
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still angry with the whole fiasco.
    Artem breaks the rules apparently. What rules? Abbey didn't dance a salsa but got tens. Len should have given nine if he didn't approve but never an eight.
    I am so cross with Craig. A ten for that.
    Poor Sophie they really don't like her.
    Forum Member
    I don't think they do, there have been a few crashes, I seem to remember someone crashing into a camera and damaging their nose (possibly Robbie Savage?)

I may have missed this as I tended to view Robbie Savage's performances from behind a cushion. I still cringe when I see him on MOTD wearing stupid clothes and no socks.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D
    Almost called her Iveta!

Unappreciating Iveta's lack of ... err ... tail, this evening, was it tied up in a bow or ... docked? :eek:
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    smude wrote: »
    Still angry with the whole fiasco.
    Artem breaks the rules apparently. What rules? Abbey didn't dance a salsa but got tens. Len should have given nine if he didn't approve but never an eight.
    I am so cross with Craig. A ten for that.
    Poor Sophie they really don't like her.

I don't mind rules being weird, as long as they are consistent, for example the whole lifts not being allowed (unless you're Ben) thing. At least Natalie's was an AS, which allows for a certain amount out of hold, etc.

I wonder who chose the music for Abbey's dance. All wrong for a salsa, so doing salsa to it would have looked bizarre. Do a disco, and you have no salsa. It's just another one of these awful music choices, with which this series seems to abound
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unappreciating Iveta's lack of ... err ... tail, this evening, was it tied up in a bow or ... docked? :eek:

I missed a fair bit of their dance looking for it! It was shorter than a Robbie Savage ponytail!

But I don't really blame her, on poor Anya's experiences.
    Forum Member

19 is such a good age but I imagine it was a huge loss after all those years. My little girl was only 6 and had developed a terminal mammary gland tumour. I knew I was going to lose her and she passed away in my arms a few minutes after midnight on the day she was booked in to be PTS (hope I'm not depressing people).
    New kitty is bringing much laughter and giving my older cat (9 and a natural born unappreciator) a new lease of life, she lost some sense of purpose having nothing to look disdainfully at.
    Can I add my support to Mark for thread pet?
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19 is such a good age but I imagine it was a huge loss after all those years. My little girl was only 6 and had developed a terminal mammary gland tumour. I knew I was going to lose her and she passed away in my arms a few minutes after midnight on the day she was booked in to be PTS (hope I'm not depressing people).
    New kitty is bringing much laughter and giving my older cat (9 and a natural born unappreciator) a new lease of life, she lost some sense of purpose having nothing to look disdainfully at.

Not depressing at all.
    They have a special place and should be talked about and remembered.

Our rescue boys are 4-ish, and took a lot of time to trust us but now are as soft as it's possible to be :D
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A very strong bond and mutual understanding builds in 19 years, doesn't it? Our Archie Pelago (yes, we always knew how to pronounce archipelago and that she was female says Muggsy through gritted teeth) lived to be 19 too. She raised my children :o:D. She certainly taught them how to respect animals and treat them properly and I think about her often. Perhaps the greatest tribute to her has, in fact , come from my son whose own 6-month-old son is named Archie.

Commiserations KK, but I'm glad you're enjoying your new pal. There's nobody can top cats for unappreciating, is there? Mine makes his disapproval clear every morning as he sits on my bed watching me get ready for work.
    Forum Member
    Not depressing at all.
    They have a special place and should be talked about and remembered.

Our rescue boys are 4-ish, and took a lot of time to trust us but now are as soft as it's possible to be :D

Scarlett has made herself quite at home. She is so trusting and affectionate for something that was abandoned, flea ridden & full of worms.
    Just goes to show how what a full tummy and a bit of love can do.
    I've had a rough year but giving her a good life is part of a new and better future. She's named Scarlett because when I was at my lowest ebb at Easter I watched Gone With The Wind with a bottle of Cinzano that I found in the back of the kitchen cupboard.
    The Scarlett lesson is that we are ultimately responsible for our own lives and often have to claw our way out of our mistakes.
    I'm not usually this reflective, I blame the Shiraz. I am fighting my way back to my usual sarcastic, irreverant, unappreciating self. I always lurk on this thread and you all have made me laugh on a daily basis.
    *pours more wine*
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »

Commiserations KK, but I'm glad you're enjoying your new pal. There's nobody can top cats for unappreciating, is there? Mine makes his disapproval clear every morning as he sits on my bed watching me get ready for work.

She hates everything and I love her for it. She acted as if her fellow cat had absolutely no right to exist for 6 years then when she passed away she was utterly lost without something to be disgusted with 24 hours a day.
    So funny, it was pretty much 'What am I going to be superior to when you're not here'!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Kamikazecat, you have hit upon two of my very favourite things, cats and Gone With The Wind. So very sorry to hear of your loss, I lost two of my cats to tumours over 15 years ago and I still miss them every day. We too have a rescue cat now, she is a total moo and a total delight. I hope Scarlet lives up to her namesake, and is strong and feisty and a little bit naughty, but oh so pretty and charming.

I actually liked tonight's show :eek: I know, blimey, that was a shock. Loved Nat's frock and her brilliant dance, and adored Abbey's NotSalsa. Even liked Patrick's charleston, and I hate Chitty Chitty pigging Bang Bang. As for Sophie ... :yawn: What on earth was she wearing> Looks like something from Brentford Nylons. And I spent the whole of that last dance praying for Smugsanna to fall flat on her backside.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrauFlick wrote: »
    Kamikazecat, you have hit upon two of my very favourite things, cats and Gone With The Wind. So very sorry to hear of your loss, I lost two of my cats to tumours over 15 years ago and I still miss them every day. We too have a rescue cat now, she is a total moo and a total delight. I hope Scarlet lives up to her namesake, and is strong and feisty and a little bit naughty, but oh so pretty and charming.

I actually liked tonight's show :eek: I know, blimey, that was a shock. Loved Nat's frock and her brilliant dance, and adored Abbey's NotSalsa. Even liked Patrick's charleston, and I hate Chitty Chitty pigging Bang Bang. As for Sophie ... :yawn: What on earth was she wearing> Looks like something from Brentford Nylons. And I spent the whole of that last dance praying for Smugsanna to fall flat on her backside.

:D

I think if even if she had, Kevin's Dick Van Dyke knees upping was such we would have missed it.

kamikazekat - you're not a lurker any more :D
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mogs spent too much time with our dearly departed springer/choc lab cross so they're like miaowing dogs. Completely food obsessed and I can take one of them for a walk. Wherever I go, he walks with me to heel with zero training. Wish my lab pup would do the same.:D

Sorry about your cat, Kamikazecat. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I'd not thought of cats as unappreciators :D but that's every man jack of them to a T. Unlike dogs. If our two dogs were on DS they'd be up in the attic, probably fawning all over Smugsanna and Bruce. :eek: Our new cat is called Higgs (after the Higgs Boson Particle because she hid from us for a year). She's our first posh cat (a champagne Bengal) and hates people but loves dogs.

I seem to find myself appreciating Patrick and Anya. Takes all kinds I guess.
  • 39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Hello, I've been lurking for a while but I think it's time to start posting now (and this seems to be the most rational thread!)

Appreciating: Patrick, Ashley, Sophie, Natalie

Unappreciating: Abbey and Susanna (both trying too hard to be so bloody earnest, and failing miserably)

I usually appreciate Mark (he's had me in stitches with his routines before) but I really didn't like what he did with The Lion King - it was one of my favourite films when I was a child as well!

x
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    I'd not thought of cats as unappreciators :D but that's every man jack of them to a T. Unlike dogs. If our two dogs were on DS they'd be up in the attic, probably fawning all over Smugsanna and Bruce. :eek: Our new cat is called Higgs (after the Higgs Boson Particle because she hid from us for a year). She's our first posh cat (a champagne Bengal) and hates people but loves dogs.

I seem to find myself appreciating Patrick and Anya. Takes all kinds I guess.

Perdie is such a natural unappreciator. She can't be bothered to be nice when asking for food - just sits at the dish and gives me dirty looks. If she's nice, it's because she feels like it.
    39_Steps wrote: »
    Hello, I've been lurking for a while but I think it's time to start posting now (and this seems to be the most rational thread!)

Appreciating: Patrick, Ashley, Sophie, Natalie

Unappreciating: Abbey and Susanna (both trying too hard to be so bloody earnest, and failing miserably)

I usually appreciate Mark (he's had me in stitches with his routines before) but I really didn't like what he did with The Lion King - it was one of my favourite films when I was a child as well!

x

Welcome!

Just rewatched the pro dance at the beginning (I hope Anton didn't get a cheque for that). What I didn't notice first time - they have a random man in to replace Robin, I assume one of the backup dancers already in for the night. Why not get Anton to do that?
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this talk of cats has reminded me that when we were talking about Jackson I posted this picture of Jackson Galaxy and somebody called him a scary man. But look at the tee shirt!

Jackson is a 'musician by night and cat behaviourist by day':D and, believe me, he knows cats and cats love him.

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens19465697_1336591372a-a_a-aa.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYoRNwIMAV8
  • 39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Perdie is such a natural unappreciator. She can't be bothered to be nice when asking for food - just sits at the dish and gives me dirty looks. If she's nice, it's because she feels like it.

Welcome!

Just rewatched the pro dance at the beginning (I hope Anton didn't get a cheque for that). What I didn't notice first time - they have a random man in to replace Robin, I assume one of the backup dancers already in for the night. Why not get Anton to do that?

Why thank you :D

I wondered that about Anton too - maybe it was because it seemed to be a 'latin-based' dance and he's not very good at those? :o
    Forum Member
    :D

kamikazekat - you're not a lurker any more :D

Well I intended to unlurk at the beginning of the series and posted to say as much but then my little Newt got sick and I scurried back into the shadows reading the thread while sat at work in a daze.
    To catch up, Natalie was originally my favourite, I enjoyed the Dave madness at first then got a bit tired of it, I really want to like Abbey (I enjoyed tonight's performance I don't think it was worth the marks), I love Sophie's attitude but her dancing doesn't inspire me (although I love Brendan's frustration), I loved, loved, loved Debs & wished she'd stayed longer, years ago I once had a short lived crush on Ashley-Ola-Baby-Warz-Jordan-Dawson-From-Hollyoaks (I blame a hormone inbalance coupled with lack of attention from my partner while the Hollyoaks Omnibus was on),appreciate Patrick is a good dancer but I struggle to care (especially after tonight's Casualty storyline involving someone eating cats ashes), liked Ben's arms, hated Julien, didn't care about Fiona or Tony, wished Pasha had been paired with anyone but Rachel, am caught in a catch 22 of hating Suzanna but at the same time being utterly captivated by her sheer desperation to win and I've forgotten someone....
    Forum Member
    Vanessa, I forgot Vanessa. Oh well....
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat Sami really appreciates The Lion King as she is in love with Simba but unappreciated Mark and Iveta's interpretation, mewing that Mark wasn't King of the Jungle but more of a pet pooch - she then went and coughed up a furball and sulked for half an hour.
This discussion has been closed.