Leona Lewis - Fire Under My Feet (NEW SINGLE)

2»

Comments

• Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    That's a rip of the live radio version right?

That's the studio version ripped from radio 2, where it's just had it's first world premiere! Sounds amazing!
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the studio version ripped from radio 2, where it's just had it's first world premiere! Sounds amazing!

There are some parts where it sounds live which I don't like, but towards the end it sounds awesome.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    There are some parts where it sounds live which I don't like, but towards the end it sounds awesome.

I think for the whole of this album - everything from vocals to artwork - Leona is going for a very 'raw' feeling, so I think her vocals are purposely unpolished! I know what you mean but if anything I think it adds to the immensity of the song!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for the whole of this album - everything from vocals to artwork - Leona is going for a very 'raw' feeling, so I think her vocals are purposely unpolished! I know what you mean but if anything I think it adds to the immensity of the song!

I can get on board with that!

Very impressed tho, fav Leona song ever I think,
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Official Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCZL801OfQ

Miles better than the rip.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Leona seems to be channeling old school Alicia mixed with Adele with this song, very nice vocals, I think the live performances will be huge.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Lambert Ghost Train is out the same week
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Adam Lambert Ghost Train is out the same week

No one really knows of him in this country and he's never had a hit single, whereas leona lewis is known world wide and she will be bjg all over again.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one really knows of him in this country and he's never had a hit single, whereas leona lewis is known world wide and she will be bjg all over again.

I'm sure Adam will do promotion and Britain got Talent slot. Plus his song is better
  • PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very boring I'm afraid. Diet Adele/Alicia Keys... I listened to it once and no desire to listen to it again.

It's not terrible, but instantly forgettable.
  • PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused: What?? lol
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the song and video are both brilliant. So good to have Leona back. She was certainly stifled with Syco, it is doing very well with pre orders on itunes.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe in your world.

Adam Lambert have been touring with Queen (to rave reviews). Also guest starred in Glee for a couple of episode.

Personally its Adam's new song for me. Leona songs do nothing for me and a new one sound ok but not great.
  • scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, it's nothing special. It's got that same driving beat as till the love runs out but is nowhere near as good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    Maybe in your world.

Adam Lambert have been touring with Queen (to rave reviews). Also guest starred in Glee for a couple of episode.

Personally its Adam's new song for me. Leona songs do nothing for me and a new one sound ok but not great.

I think the person is comparing sales/#1. Otherwise why compare them at all?? completely random comparison in terms of songs/quality/who you prefer.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people bringing Adam Lambert into this? Unless radio start hammering his song it'll do nothing in the UK, barely anyone knows him, never had a top 10 single or album here.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Yes, Fire Under My Feet sounds similar to Rolling In The Deep but from a 2015 perspective it actually sounds fresh and stands out from everything that is currently in the charts.

I'm hoping radio stations champion and playlist this track. Would be fantastic for Leona to get her fourth UK #1 single.

My only slight niggle is the music video. There could've been more going on the video but Leona looks stunning.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Yes, Fire Under My Feet sounds similar to Rolling In The Deep but from a 2015 perspective it actually sounds fresh and stands out from everything that is currently in the charts.

I'm hoping radio stations champion and playlist this track. Would be fantastic for Leona to get her fourth UK #1 single.

My only slight niggle is the music video. There could've been more going on the video but Leona looks stunning.

I didn't think so. I thought she looked old and rather drawn for 30. I was surprised. Sometimes you can hit the gym and diet too much after you're out of your 20's. Look at Beyonce. She doesn't bother with any of that stuff.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the song! Leona sounds amazing and it deserves to be a hit. It's so catchy and I remember the chorus after just one listen/

Not keen on the video as I think the action should have focused solely on Leona (this is her big comeback, after all) but I don't think videos matter much these days.