Options

This year is Beth's to lose

Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
Forum Member
✭✭
She is the best skater and her performance skills have come on a lot :)

I think she also has a lot of public support unlike Matt and Gareth.

Comments

• Options
    Cameron_LeeCameron_Lee Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    She is absolutely amazing and her partnership with Dan is magnificent, really thought she was undermarked tonight!
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is absolutely amazing and her partnership with Dan is magnificent, really thought she was undermarked tonight!
    Agree.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taking the never say never approach because the public voting is so strange this year its tough enough just figuring out the logic for who has ended up in the skate off's most weeks but would love to see Beth win.

I think she was undermarked tonight especially by Ashley, she was performing she was skating on her own plus all the tricks as well.

I just hope she gets to the final and hopefully goes on to win.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it is hers to lose as I think she has the potential to be the best, and if she keeps going the way she's going, she could be the best ever.

She, Matt and Gareth are over-lapping a bit with their scores, and having some weeks better than others, but her best has been better than their best. Matt is a great dancer, and a solid skater, but his footwork can be a little bit sloppy. Gareth is also very solid, with great speed and can do some very exciting things, but has to work hard on his arms etc.

There have been some issues with Beth having loads of very difficult steps thrown at her, which I think makes it hard for her to execute them perfectly, but I think they are prepping her for some amazing final week performances.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would have higher marks if Ashley and Jason cut her some slack!. Shes been the best so far, yet shes not getting the full marks that her performances deserve.i thought she was great last night, i do worry that she hasnt got enough of a fan base for her to win. We have had over the past 2 years soap stars winning this competition.

So shes up against it in many ways as well
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    This year is Beth's to lose

Beth is good, but so is Gareth and Matt. IMO it could be anyone of the three that will win...
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be an achievement for Dan if she does - first pro to win three times :D
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    It will be an achievement for Dan if she does - first pro to win three times :D

And the best actual skater he's has, although I did love Gaynors style of skating but obviously now they do a lot more than way back at the start.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Agree.

Me too.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We shouldn't be too complacent about Beth's chances - many a front runner has found themselves in difficulty because their supporters thought they were home and dry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still sceptical as into how much support she has!. Shes the best skater, I just feel Matt or Gareth may nick it!
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still sceptical as into how much support she has!. Shes the best skater, I just feel Matt or Gareth may nick it!

Well given the Team Challenge was meant to be done on a basis of public and judges combined scores Beth obviously got more than Gareth did otherwise it would have been him and Matt as Team captains surely

I think Beth does have a lot of support and Dan will have a fanbase support as well which hopefully might help but Beth does seem to have a lot of fans in her own right who hopefully are voting for her.

Plus if nothing else I want to see a girl win this year as I am sick of it being the boys and I would prefer to see Beth win the title this year.

She has had the journey and progessed week on week and entertains me the most each week. I can't stand Matt and Gareth I appreciate is good but there is something that I just can't take to with him so would prefer him not to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Well given the Team Challenge was meant to be done on a basis of public and judges combined scores Beth obviously got more than Gareth did otherwise it would have been him and Matt as Team captains surely

I think Beth does have a lot of support and Dan will have a fanbase support as well which hopefully might help but Beth does seem to have a lot of fans in her own right who hopefully are voting for her.

Plus if nothing else I want to see a girl win this year as I am sick of it being the boys and I would prefer to see Beth win the title this year.

She has had the journey and progessed week on week and entertains me the most each week. I can't stand Matt and Gareth I appreciate is good but there is something that I just can't take to with him so would prefer him not to win.

I fully agree with you!. What gets me is for the past two years we have had soap stars winning the show.

Ok they may have been very good, but it just seems ashame that a female hasn't won for a few years!.

I think Beth gets low scores from both Jason and Ashley, i find it somewhat irritating really considering her performance deserves more!