Celebs Who Commit Crimes: Do you still support them musically?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Like some people I'm boycotting CB but should you boycott all stars wo go court whether they've been found guilty or not guilty?
Who you still endorse star, even though they've been found guilty of a crime?
How serious would the crime have to be for you to not defend the star and class it as a ''mistake''. And if you boycott, one star who's been found guilty of crimes should you boycott them all.
I've boycotted stars because I feel if you're buying into there stuff and they do a serious crime and get found guilty, your endorsing them to do it again.
If you listen to stars who do things offence, on the radio or on t.v and Youtube is that different to endorsing them by buying there stuff, or is it the same?
If you wouldn't enorse a star, why? If it's complex why?

Comments

• ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dairy Milk. If it had been invented by Hitler rather than Cadbury's I'd still be buying it because I love it, not him.
  • tellmealltellmeall Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris brown is a legend.

Rihanna has enough money to get over it, she mentally drove him to it. Apparently she hits him as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tellmeall wrote: »
    Chris brown is a legend.

Rihanna has enough money to get over it, she mentally drove him to it. Apparently she hits him as well.
    What CB did is not justifiied, in court docs it does not suggest he was mentally driven by her, nor does it say she hit first. However it does say she tried to defend herself when being attacked.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends whether I liked them to start with. I like the music, or not, and the singer's private life makes no difference.
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Chris brown is a legend.

Typical response justifying domestic violence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry duplicate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris brown is a legend.

Domestic violence is a bit more complicated than 'she was asking for it!'

Chris Brown is a legend?? - How old is he? Twelve? Im guessing you are quite young and I will let the old -she drove it too him pass -

David Bowie is a legend and I am a huge fan - if he did 'that' to Imhan I would be shocked and disgusted. But it wouldnt like his music less.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all depends on the crime in question. There are very unpleasant people who are not criminals and that can put me off their music, but I'm really not fussed if a singer has been given a caution for possession of cannibis (for example).

Another element would be whether or not the singer in question had shown any remorse for their actions, or if it felt like I was endorsing their behaviour if I supported them musically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    It all depends on the crime in question. There are very unpleasant people who are not criminals and that can put me off their music, but I'm really not fussed if a singer has been given a caution for possession of cannibis (for example).

Another element would be whether or not the singer in question had shown any remorse for their actions, or if it felt like I was endorsing their behaviour if I supported them musically.
    My Sentinments exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    I boycott all RnB cos it is sh1te.

And this Chris Brown sounds like a right little ****.....he will do it again of that we can be sure.
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends of the crime. You don't hear Gary Glitter and Jonathan King songs on the radio any more. I can't forgive them for being paedophiles and nor can the radio producers, I suppose.
    Convicted druggies, like Doherty, are a different thing. People can still listen to their music with out feeling sick to the stomach because of their crime.
    Lord Archer seems to have bounced back after being convicted for perverting the course of justice. He's written best sellers and managed to keep his peerage since his release from chokey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how good they are and how serious the crime is.

The only exception is my favourite artist Ciara if she commited a crime (I know she would NEVER EVER), Im sorry I would still be a stan, buy her albums, go see her on tour etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worpler wrote: »

And this Chris Brown sounds like a right little ****.....he will do it again of that we can be sure.

1) You obviously haven't listened to much RnB
    2) To make a generalised statement like that is ridiculous
    3) What is your favourite genre? Cause maybe that's not to other people's taste!
  • Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebs Who Commit Crimes - Do you support their careers?

I'm not a musician and if I was I doubt I'd write a song or compose music about them in support or not ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artie, Roca, Sparkle thank god there are people out there like you who agree wth me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »
    3) What is your favourite genre? Cause maybe that's not to other people's taste!

Exactly!
    I heart R'N'B.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »

I've heard more than enough to know it's vacuous chod, but each to their own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If depends what the artist has done..I don't think I could listen to Chris brown again and I used to like R Kelly as well but I don't listen to his music any more either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with that.

I would only boycott a star I liked if they'd done something completely heinous. Other than that, no... if it's more minor, I don't give a fig.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the opposite, Jackson was found innocent so I'm not ever going to buy his stuff again.
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Chris Brown a legend?...:eek::confused:

Jesus, arent we dishing out that word to anyone now.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

I TOTALLY Agree.
    CB must be a rare kind of legend, never heard of him before this.

Well depends on the crime, I would not support a rapist, a women beater, a pedophile, a murderer, things like that.
    Minor stuff drugs related for example, would not make me stop buying records.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Chris brown is a legend.

Most famous in the UK for sleeping with Rihanna and then beating the crap out of her. Things that other z listers are known for.
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still listen to Girls Aloud (I have better taste I swear) despite what Cheryl did.
    While I don't agree with Cheryl hitting the toilet attendant it could've been self defence.
    If Cheryl was hit first she shouldn't have hit back though as two wrongs don't make a right.
    I don't want anyone thinking I condone what Cheryl did as some people know how strongly I feel about Chris Brown beating Rihanna although the two situations are completely different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I don't support celebs who commit crimes against music :p I've never done that.