Hmm, think my ex has been checking me out on facebook

2»

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh me too!

I'd be mortified if everyone knew I was looking at their profiles! :eek::)

What get's me is that people sometimes write quite personal things on your wall. On some occasions a personal message would be more discreet.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    What get's me is that people sometimes write quite personal things on your wall. On some occasions a personal message would be more discreet.

Indeed. Although there is always the "delete" button! :D
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Oh me too!

I'd be mortified if everyone knew I was looking at their profiles! :eek::)

If folks put their details 'out there', surely they expect them to be read? :confused:

No need for guilt; save that for when you stare through people's windows!!! :D:D:D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If folks put their details 'out there', surely they expect them to be read? :confused:

No need for guilt; save that for when you stare through people's windows!!! :D:D:D

You'd be surprised what people write on their walls:D
    Its like they almost forget the world can read it!

I only lick windows nowadays..:p
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    You'd be surprised what people write on their walls:D
    Its like they almost forget the world can read it!

I only lick windows nowadays..:p

:eek: OK!

*DL backs out of thread, keeping BG in her sights!!* :D
  • DEmmersonDEmmerson Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can always block them.

But that will not stop them looking at your profile via one of your mutual friends accounts.

And always set everything to Friends only (not Friends of Friends).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's private, he can't see anything.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Facebook uses various things to suggest friends, common friends, common friends of other friends (one of your friends is friends with his friends, but not necessarily him), location, schools, workplaces and so on. It quite random and it rarely comes up with any suggestions that are any good.
  • JustJanetnoJohnJustJanetnoJohn Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Also having trouble with my ex at the moment, its really s***ting me out. Have had loads of emails off sites saying that someone been trying to log in as me and on here always seem to be locked for 15 mins when I haven't been on for days. Tried the police but they say there is nothing they can do, just to change passwords and stop leaving messages for him, fat load of good. :mad:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also having trouble with my ex at the moment, its really s***ting me out. Have had loads of emails off sites saying that someone been trying to log in as me and on here always seem to be locked for 15 mins when I haven't been on for days. Tried the police but they say there is nothing they can do, just to change passwords and stop leaving messages for him, fat load of good. :mad:

Change your passwords to numbers or a combination of numbers and letters. But you probably know that already.

It's amazing how many people use their own name, or that of a family member or pet.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Change your passwords to numbers or a combination of numbers and letters. But you probably know that already.

It's amazing how many people use their own name, or that of a family member or pet.

This tool is really good: http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/
  • hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Problem seems like he doesn't know the password, is trying too many times and the site block. He must either be doing it out of sheer nastyness or is trying to hack.

On the FB thing. I have a pal who lives in a different city and has no school etc ties with me. I have not allowed FB access to my email accounts and yet one day he popped up as a suggestion! I didn't even bother looking him up and he didn't look me up as we both thought that neither of us would bother with FB.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    When you join Facebook you can use ur email contacts to find friends online. Perhaps its stored from that, or perhaps you have mutual friends, or maybe it has suggested friends located close to your town/postcode
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    Oh my god! someone who knows someone else has searched them on Facebook?!?!?!?!?!

<faints>
  • miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sort of had this happen to me. My dad's other half came up as a suggested friend when no-one I know is actually friends with her. Quite disturbing really but it looks as though Facebook may show who's been searching for you. It would be fine if Facebook actually state that searches aren't always so private but of course they don't.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

What else can the police do?