Help with tv internet setup.

Hello all,
This is my first thread, I have a Panasonic TX-L37U3B, I was wondering if there is a way to access this with a second router, my main router is connected to my desktop upstairs, and the tv downstairs, both routers are from sky,the new one (fibre),

I am hoping to get the older router to enable the internet separately,is this possible ?,
any advice would be very gratefully received, thanks,

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    The short answer is no. The long answer depends on what you are trying to achieve that you cannot by having the TV connected to the "main" router?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas123 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    This is my first thread, I have a Panasonic TX-L37U3B, I was wondering if there is a way to access this with a second router, my main router is connected to my desktop upstairs, and the tv downstairs, both routers are from sky,the new one (fibre),

I am hoping to get the older router to enable the internet separately,is this possible ?,
    any advice would be very gratefully received, thanks,

Having read the manual for this telly I'm tempted to ask why you want an internet connection for it. As far as I can see the only function of the internet connection is to download firmware updates. Which you can do by other means anyway.

It doesn't appear to have any internet functions beyond that,eg catch-up TV or anything like that. So doesn't really seem much point faffing about trying to connect it to the router to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks vey much for your help, what I was trying to do was to stream live content from the Internet to the tv without trying to run a cable from upstairs,
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas123 wrote: »
    Ok, thanks vey much for your help, what I was trying to do was to stream live content from the Internet to the tv without trying to run a cable from upstairs,

Well the obvious ways would be homeplugs or wifi though as Chris said if the TV doesn't do what you want anyway there's not much point.
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I agree, I will save my spends for a smart tv, thanks again.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For £9.99 you can convert your current TV to a SMART TV with the main catchup services
    http://www.nowtv.com/box
    and it's got built-in WiFi so no extra cabling
    Forum Member
    Thanks mac2708, that sounds great,will get one and try it, much obliged.