Options

BB Couch Potatoes Dr. Detroit is untrustworthy and has lost all credibility

LyotoLyoto Posts: 67
Forum Member
Staging a fake hacking to boost listenership

I was a loyal listener to the show but now I am no longer.

Pathetic!

Now he is banning anyone and everyone.

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/p/chat-room.html

Comments

• Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midlife meltdown. For someone who claims to love the show he's certainly going the wrong way about things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Detroit has completely lost it, his ego is out of control.
  • Options
    PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    Yes he has lost the plot
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was part of the secrets and Lies theme. I am just relieved that the show is back!
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    He lost a thousand listeners between series, and the suggestion was Marky's not his, I don't see the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    It was part of the secrets and Lies theme. I am just relieved that the show is back!

Same here. The show is still good. :)
  • Options
    mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr potatoe is just a loser stick with bbxtra :) much better fansite :)
  • Options
    JamtartJamtart Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got bored when the show was 1/2 an hour in and they were still talking about the publicity stunt instead of BB so switched off to watch LF. I think the stunt may have backfired as I'm sure I wasn't the only one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lost a thousand listeners between series, and the suggestion was Marky's not his, I don't see the problem.

He's a grown man though Sid and just because the other bloke suggested it doesn't mean he had to carry it through. I saw a bit of infighting on twitter over it which I'm sure has pissed a few listeners off that they've been manipulated. Surely you can see that it was a shitty way of going about things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show had over 100 people in chat but now it is back to before so his pathetic cheap stunt hasn't worked.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr potatoe is just a loser stick with bbxtra :) much better fansite :)

It was bbxtra's idea in the first place. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's a grown man though Sid and just because the other bloke suggested it doesn't mean he had to carry it through. I saw a bit of infighting on twitter over it which I'm sure has pissed a few listeners off that they've been manipulated. Surely you can see that it was a shitty way of going about things.

It was inspired by the Secrets & Lies theme and just his radio show's equivalent of it. You don't see the housemate storming out because they were told Dexter and Gina were evicted, they were manipulated as much as we were. Like them I was surprised, but I'm not upset. I can understand people being pissed but stopping listening? It's typical BB fan overreaction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I'm still tuned in! We're talking BB at last
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was inspired by the Secrets & Lies theme and just his radio show's equivalent of it. You don't see the housemate storming out because they were told Dexter and Gina were evicted.

The difference being that the public are complicit in BBs secrets and lies, whereas this stunt was underhand and caused arguments among the folk he's trying to get listening to his show.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily66 wrote: »
    Same here. The show is still good. :)

Agreed

And yes I fell for the hacking plot :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The difference being that the public are complicit in BBs secrets and lies, whereas this stunt was underhand and caused arguments among the folk he's trying to get listening to his show.

But the housemates weren't. And the only arguments were between his listeners and in on it and thus tough skinned Marky. There wasn't an inter-listener fallout over this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The cheap stunt has NOT worked. Listenership is back to the normal level it was BEFORE the staged hacking but now Dr. Detroit has been shown to be untrustworthy.
  • Options
    mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    It was bbxtra's idea in the first place. :rolleyes:

I know but they both teamed up still
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the housemates weren't. And the only arguments were between his listeners and in on it and thus tough skinned Marky. There wasn't an inter-listener fallout over this.

No the housemates weren't but they know that they're selling their soul when they sign up. Anyway in the grand scheme of things I'm sure for every listener he loses hell gain another unlike myself who can't see what the fuss is about. Swings and roundabouts and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Agreed

And yes I fell for the hacking plot :o

Me too. :D Made a prat of myself but what's new with that? The show's back to normal and that's all that matters.
    Lyoto wrote: »
    The cheap stunt has NOT worked. Listenership is back to the normal level it was BEFORE the staged hacking but now Dr. Detroit has been shown to be untrustworthy.

It's a BB blog, not the Court of Justice.
    I know but they both teamed up still

Yes. And...? :confused::o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy just loves to much drama for me!! He's always arguing on Twitter with someone or another like he is 12!! Ive lost all respect for him, just glad we've got LF to entertain me now :-)
  • Options
    Itchy NiagrasItchy Niagras Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Detroit IS bankrupt!:D
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what's going on, anyone care to fill me in? :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just come online... so the hacking thing was all a stunt? So much for our outrage and upset last night, posting in support of BBCP on here and slating BBXtra. It pains me but I guess I owe an apology to BBXtra in this case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Just come online... so the hacking thing was all a stunt? So much for our outrage and upset last night, posting in support of BBCP on here and slating BBXtra. It pains me but I guess I owe an apology to BBXtra in this case.

BBXtra was in on it so he would have been prepared for the abuse. :) Goodness knows, he gets enough anyway.
This discussion has been closed.