Options

EE - Does Denise deserve to know who killed Lucy?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not saying that Ian should tell her, but as a viewer do you think she deserves to know? She did stick by Ian through all the beginning of it until Ian dumped her.
However I love Ian and Jane together, and I also think Ian and Denise would be okay as friends.

When Denise and Lucy were battering each other, I was hoping they would eventually get down and rough with some hot tongue on tongue action.

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said something similar on the other Denise thread, not the hot action though! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I'm split between yes and no, but think I'm leaning more towards no. It would be unfair to burden her with that secret when they don't plan on doing anything about it. She spent so long wanting to get away with that family, it would be unfair to suddenly pull her back in in this way.

Plus, if she knew the motive, how guilty would she feeling, wondering how much of a role she played in how Bobby was feeling.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the way it will go will be Kathy finding out next (around Christmas) but if Denise found out first that would be brilliant and tie her back into the Lucy story
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. I wonder if her last encounter with Lucy ever haunts her at night, and will we see such guilt from her whenever the supposed next Lucy murder arrest plot plays out?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I hope she does find out...along with the rest of the square. Oh, and the cops.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah. I forgot she was gonna ditch Ian.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still convinced that Lucy didn't die solely because of Bobby. He hit her with a jewellery box which is a blunt object and he couldn't have used that much force as he's only a little kid. I find it hard to believe she would have died from such an incident. Earlier that day however Lucy banged her head when Max pushed her, was punched in the face by Jake accidentally, was beaten up by Abi and had a fight with Denise. She more than likely suffered from a series of head traumas throughout these incidents and Bobby hitting her was merely what finished her off. Which would mean Denise, Max, Abi and Jake are all partially responsible for Lucy's death along with Bobby I suppose there's no way this could ever be proved now she's been buried though.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    No, I think she has a guilty conscience. She's almost as bad as Jane. She knows she fought with Lucy on her last night alive, she can't be sure that Lucy didn't sustain some kind of injury to her head that could have killed her. She knows all this yet she hid it from the Beales and the police while she saw first hand the effect Lucy's murder had on everyone and how desperate they were for the truth. As far as she knows, Lucy could have collapsed and died from a potential injury from their fight, Lucy may have made the first move, but Denise could have easily overpowered her and hurt her. All she knows is that she didn't take her to the commons. She probably stayed with Ian partly out of guilt for thinking that she may have killed his daughter and be the cause of his pain.
  • Options
    imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    God no. Denise was like a beast when she attacked Lucy. That scene was so difficult to watch. As much of a bitch Lucy was, she did have her reasons. Denise's attack was completely unnecessary and just plain nasty. It's like she was channeling her inner Owen/Lucas.