The mouth of Joey Branning

mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
Forum Member
Why does this appalling actor always have his mouth open?

He irritates me beyond belief.

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    Why does this appalling actor always have his mouth open?

He irritates me beyond belief.

Me too! It's a really bad habit and does my head in. I keep wanting to push his jaw back up!
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member
    And combined with his habit of always having his head leaning to one side.

Please get rid of him and tell him he's not good looking
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has three bad habits:
    Mouth always open
    Sometimes speaks as if his constipated
    Neck cramp head
    He did say he was getting acting tips from Jamie Foreman (Derek)

However I think if he works on trying to get rid of those habits, he'll be fine. I dont think his an appalling actor I think his alright. With his upcoming SL we might see a better side to him and hopefully a good character development.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appalling actor? according to this forum no one can act. :rolleyes:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised the director or whoever hasn't brought him up on this. It is very distracting yet so easy to fix. It is getting out of control!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damn I hadnt really noticed this, will be the only thing I can see from now on lol

I dont think David Witts is all that bad an actor...the character is dull and tired but he isnt as wooden as Hetti Bywater has shown herself to be :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axe this clown :D
  • andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....is heavenly :)
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god stop making new posts about how 'wooden' he is etc!
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Sometimes his acting is ok, and in other scenes it's really bad.
    I agree about the mouth open thing. That's the reason why I went off him. I got irritated with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    He has three bad habits:
    Mouth always open
    Sometimes speaks as if his constipated
    Neck cramp head
    He did say he was getting acting tips from Jamie Foreman (Derek)

However I think if he works on trying to get rid of those habits, he'll be fine. I dont think his an appalling actor I think his alright. With his upcoming SL we might see a better side to him and hopefully a good character development.

He's - not his
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz69 wrote: »
    He's - not his

You're missing a full stop at the end of that sentence. Grammar correction FAIL. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way both Joey & NuLucy like to stand there with their gobs wide open, I assumed they were having a fly-catching competition.

Must admit I'll be bitterly disappointed if I hear that wasn't the case - as I'd already stuck a fiver on Joey being the winner. :o
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linz69 wrote: »
    He's - not his

Oops sorry.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I find it VERY hard to understand a word Joey says - is the character supposed to have a speech impediment???
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why?:confused:

I don't like him because i don't like how he treated Ian in his own house. I also don't like his whispering voice,but i don't think the actor is very bad. He is ok.

Compared to Joey's mouth opening,Lucy's mouth opening all the time irritates me more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I find it VERY hard to understand a word Joey says - is the character supposed to have a speech impediment???

I don't think so. He's suppose to be cool and sexy :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His easy on the eye and super hawt and I think he is a good actor I don't get all the groaning gosh. :confused:
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    lovingituk wrote: »
    His easy on the eye and super hawt and I think he is a good actor I don't get all the groaning gosh. :confused:

He's a cliched, predictable character played by a cliched, predictable 'actor'. That's why there's so much 'groaning'.

Maybe Eastenders should think outside the box and create an original and fresh character and hire an experienced and competent actor to play him rather than an amateur model with no acting experience who thinks mumbling in a bad cockney accent makes equates to 'brooding bad boy'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nobody wants any physical contact with him on set for fear of getting splinters.

On the plus side, he'd make a cracking tailor's dummy, scarecrow, or even an 'Aunt Sally.'
    So not all bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    he mummbles, like Max, his uncle :D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    He's a cliched, predictable character played by a cliched, predictable 'actor'. That's why there's so much 'groaning'.

Maybe Eastenders should think outside the box and create an original and fresh character and hire an experienced and competent actor to play him rather than an amateur model with no acting experience who thinks mumbling in a bad cockney accent makes equates to 'brooding bad boy'.

This. :cool:
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's acually that bad.I prefer him to Tyler and Tamwar.He's got good chemistry with Lauren and I think its a shame they haven't done more with him and Michael together as a partnership.I like him with Max, but then I've always liked Max with younger male charcters like Bradley and Darren