Options

EE - Sharon needs more?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm still annoyed that DTC is taking this long to restore Sharon, I can see that it has happend with a bit more of old Sharon, but she still needs something of her own, her biological brother was miscast and the character was all wrong, he seemed like a boring wimp, he's no Dennis,

I'm not sure why DTC is taking too long to bring back Vicky Fowler, I think she should come back with a few kids of her own,

I don't think the people behind the scene's are trying, it's all about the Carters, I only like Mick and Linda out of the whole lot.

The Albert does nothing for the show, it's useless, bring back the club and rename it AngiesDen.

Bring back Lisa Fowler and Louise to bring back some golden era characters, maybe have Phil go back to the 90s Phil and actually build some sort of love and warmth with his kids for once, would be a nice development.

There's still A lot of work to be done, I think us viewers know EastEnders more then they do.

Comments

• Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    her biological brother was miscast and the character was all wrong, he seemed like a boring wimp, he's no Dennis,
    He had a totally different upbringing to Dennis that's why. The Hanleys are middleclass so he was more realistic than a clone of Dennis would have been. I don't think we'll see him again anyway.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Kris but I don't think he is going to come back sadly.

Sharon was great last night.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I'm still annoyed that DTC is taking this long to restore Sharon, I can see that it has happend with a bit more of old Sharon, but she still needs something of her own, her biological brother was miscast and the character was all wrong, he seemed like a boring wimp, he's no Dennis,

I'm not sure why DTC is taking too long to bring back Vicky Fowler, I think she should come back with a few kids of her own,

I don't think the people behind the scene's are trying, it's all about the Carters, I only like Mick and Linda out of the whole lot.

The Albert does nothing for the show, it's useless, bring back the club and rename it AngiesDen.

Bring back Lisa Fowler and Louise to bring back some golden era characters, maybe have Phil go back to the 90s Phil and actually build some sort of love and warmth with his kids for once, would be a nice development.

There's still A lot of work to be done, I think us viewers know EastEnders more then they do.
    There is a huge amount of work to be done! ;-)

I'd love Lisa to come back, but fear it wouldn't be anything like it was those years ago.....:(

I think Denny needs to have a fatal accident and to leave Sharon childless. She needs to have a haircut like the 1994 period, and basically GO BACK to how she was during that period.

She should get rid of Phil, divorce him, and become independent, and become the real landlady that she has always been.
    Right now she seems to me more of a caricature than anything else!
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    He had a totally different upbringing to Dennis that's why. The Hanleys are middleclass so he was more realistic than a clone of Dennis would have been. I don't think we'll see him again anyway.

Couldn't agree more. I loved the fact he was totally different to banshee Sharon. I also loved how her biological father was the total opposite of Den (ok not so the biological father) :D

What is it with people who think good looking parents have good looking children, good looking children have good looking healthy funny parents. Humans are individuals plain/ pretty/ beautiful/ shy/ funny/ low esteem/ weird/horrible/evil/ family members can be the total opposites of their siblings/parents.

I loved how Danielle was the total opposite of Ronnie, the girl couldnt put two words together without stuttering but she was just beautiful and the total opposite of Roxy and Ronnies confident characters.

Sharons brother yes abit of a posh boy totally different to what you would expect and NOT a miscast at all ! Just a totally different upbringing. I would like to see them share more scenes together, watch how they interact in scenes.

shame this over weight drinking guy isnt her father and have some normality in life ........ no doubt the real Dad will end up been a rich good looking Den Watts twin now thats unbelievable .,..........
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Ben. Don't mind Kris being a middle class softly spoken bloke. Another Dennis type would feel like it was treading old ground and I wonder if her birth father will be a rough n ready type. There's beenso many missed opportunities with Sharon so I'm quite cynical these days.

I do wish they had held off her return til they had a proper story arc for her. It all feels like titbits that never quite go anywhere with the odd flash of old Shazza like last night.
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    yes totally agree...why would he be anything like Dennis? Dennis wasn't even Sharons real brother. An ordinary bloke is more realistic.

As long as the storylines are right, Sharon can still be brilliant even with Denny, Look at her in the past few episodes. They just need to separate her from Phil and make her be on her own for a while. That's when she's at her best, NOT running around after the Mitchells or Denny.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I love Sharon, sometimes I wish she'd never been brought back. This stint has not been a good one. When she returned in 2012 it was clear they hadn't mapped out any storylines for her, nor had Kirkwood's incompetent scriptwriters done their research. They got the character totally wrong and basically tried to write her as a Tanya clone. There was even that cringey scene where Sharon introduced herself to Janine.

Don't get me wrong, Sharon has improved vastly since DTC took over but she still isn't back to her best. The character shines when she's given an opportunity to kick ass, basically. We saw this when she plotted to take down Phil, and again when Phil was imprisoned earlier this year. Sharon does not work as Phil's doormat so I wish they'd stop writing her into that corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Bass, on balance I'd have preferred the memory and speculation of the potential return of the character, rather than the complete trashing and underwritten half baked revivals that don't go anywhere.

Maybe they'll surprise us yet and pull out a zinger like they did with Kat.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    As much as I love Sharon, sometimes I wish she'd never been brought back. This stint has not been a good one. When she returned in 2012 it was clear they hadn't mapped out any storylines for her, nor had Kirkwood's incompetent scriptwriters done their research. They got the character totally wrong and basically tried to write her as a Tanya clone. There was even that cringey scene where Sharon introduced herself to Janine.

Don't get me wrong, Sharon has improved vastly since DTC took over but she still isn't back to her best. The character shines when she's given an opportunity to kick ass, basically. We saw this when she plotted to take down Phil, and again when Phil was imprisoned earlier this year. Sharon does not work as Phil's doormat so I wish they'd stop writing her into that corner.
    I remember being really excited when I heard they were bringing her back - but almost as soon as she was back I wished they hadn't bothered. To this day I cannot understand why they thought bringing her back with that stupid wedding storyline was a good idea when it would've made more sense to have her come back to help Ian.

She has improved since DTC took over but he really needs to split her & Phil up ASAP. They might've been good together in the past but they just don't work as a couple any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being really excited when I heard they were bringing her back - but almost as soon as she was back I wished they hadn't bothered. To this day I cannot understand why they thought bringing her back with that stupid wedding storyline was a good idea when it would've made more sense to have her come back to help Ian.

She has improved since DTC took over but he really needs to split her & Phil up ASAP. They might've been good together in the past but they just don't work as a couple any more.

Oh I was so excited by that hurricane trailer. :cry:
    We were robbed!!