Options

EE - Actors that went nowhere after quitting for bigger and better things?

124»

Comments

• Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posy wrote: »
    I think the mistake a lot of the younger actors make, is that they see themselves as 'stars' not as actors. The ones that see themselves as actors will go on to have a career, taking a variety of jobs and keeping their profile relevant to how they are doing in their career. The 'stars' are the ones in the magazines, tabloids, social media who are soon dropped as their distance from Eastenders, Corrie etc grows.

Natalie Cassidy being a prime example of this.

She's EXTREMELY lucky that she got the opp to go back to EE as she had just about ruined her acting career by the time she made her return, in favour of cringy magazine deals.

I hope that when the time comes that she is once again leaves EE that she's learnt her lesson & makes an effort to actually do some acting instead of taking money for bloody diets!! >:(
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IRITALIA wrote: »
    That would be Bill Treacher who played Arthur Fowler, :p:D

I read that Bill has retired from acting, he is in a wheelchair now.

As for Jamie Ryder, I read some where when he got together with Kim Wotsit, she told him he was too good for a soap and he could do better yadda yadda yadda. So because she caused uproar he got fired. I don't know what Ms Wotsit is doing nowadays, obviously she isn't still acting!.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skteosk wrote: »
    Jack Ryder incredibly turned down two regular roles shortly after leaving EastEnders (one in Family Affairs, which had admittedly just been cancelled, the other was a medical show, I want to say The Royal Today). Like he could afford to be choosy...

I've always felt Michelle Ryan was one who did quite well, she seems to have a decent number of TV and film roles under her belt and quickly decided Hollywood wasn't for her after the Bionic Woman thing.

Martine McCutcheon did Echo Beach, pretending to be the same age as Jason Donovan. That might not be something to be proud of though. (Oh well, I quite enjoyed it.)

I remember after Letitia Dean left the first time she dyed her hair black and did an episode of Casualty. (Playing a barmaid...) She did that Hello Girls series as well.

I always felt Steve McFadden came back at least partly because he'd never done anything else. Except an episode of Murder in Mind. But they'd cast anyone with a half decent profile.

Leslie Grantham did a few things, especially in between the two stints.

I remember Hello Girls. It was set in the 50s I think. Letitia was also in a Bridget Jones type comedy drama with a pre fame Gerald Butler on ITV.

Anita Dobson was in a drama playing Elizabeth 1st a few weeks ago.

I remember Echo Beach. It was quite funny and different. :D Shame about Martine. I thought she would be a big star.

I've just seen Dan Ferreira in a dreadful Bollywood Terminator rip off having his eyeball popped out while flicking channels. :D
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I remember Hello Girls. It was set in the 50s I think. Letitia was also in a Bridget Jones type comedy drama with a pre fame Gerald Butler on ITV.

I remember Echo Beach. It was quite funny and different. :D Shame about Martine. I thought she would be a big star.

I've just seen Dan Ferreira in a dreadful Bollywood Terminator rip off having his eyeball popped out while flicking channels. :D
    Yep, that's the one, about three telephone operators who became pop singers. It seemed like in those days Letitia Dean cold be guaranteed to be on television quite regularly. I wonder what happened.

I think the fact that Echo Beach played the joke straight and acted like a serious soap opera may have confused some people, when you had Moving Wallpaper pointing out how ridiculous it is. The slight miscasting may have been deliberate, since you had them choosing the lead actors based on a five minute market research with the office secretary.

Dan Ferreira? As in the actor that had to leave the country?
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's the one, about three telephone operators who became pop singers. It seemed like in those days Letitia Dean cold be guaranteed to be on television quite regularly. I wonder what happened.

I think the fact that Echo Beach played the joke straight and acted like a serious soap opera may have confused some people, when you had Moving Wallpaper pointing out how ridiculous it is. The slight miscasting may have been deliberate, since you had them choosing the lead actors based on a five minute market research with the office secretary.

Dan Ferreira? As in the actor that had to leave the country?

I guess Letitia had more capital when she was younger.

Moving Wallpaper was quite amusing. I recall Jason Donovan catching Ben Miller sniffing his flip flops and throwing him out of his trailer. :D

Yes, the very same Dalip Tahil. It looked a bit matrix ish too! :D

I always thought the actress who played Sue Osman could have done some great stuff.
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from Strictly (I think she was in the same series as Matt Di Angelo. Alesha Dixon won it that year), I don't think Letitia acted in any TV or film roles after she left EE in 2006, up until her return in 2012. She made a few real life appearances on daytime and primetime chat shows and released a workout DVD. I read that she was in theatre during that period.

When she left EE in 1995 she was in a few TV dramas. Clips are on YouTube.

I remember her playing the part of a Telephonist in a Telephone Exchange set in the 50's
    Can't remember what it was called
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    Jack Ryder I believe does theatre work now. The last thing I heard about him he was associate director of the full monty?

He also a few years back had a small part in the archers playing a gambling addict.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in a musical i think and he released an album.

Yeah John Partridge played the lead Zach in the musical 'A Chorus Line,' at the London Palladium.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    So last night I went to see calamity jane which had carl king in it. It got me thinking how many people think that because there no longer on tv their not up to much. I tend to do it.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »
    Charlie Clements who played Bradley in EE - his last acting credit was an episode of Casualty in 2013.

EDIT: I was wrong, he was in an episode of Murdoch Mysteries this year. Still, his filmography is quite... sparse.

Another one - the girl that played Alice in EE got quite cocky, refused to return to EE for a few episodes. Wanted to "crack Hollywood" but hasn't done much since leaving EE.

Sid Owen (Ricky EE) - last seen papped in LA showing off his (rented) sports car and mingling with Lindsay Lohan.

God this Sid Owen is useless!!!! You watch, sooner or later he will make YET another return to Albert square! Talentless drip.

Barbara Windsor hasn't done much nor has Pam St Clements, but there's loads who have disappeared or flopped, there's the likes of :

Sanjay and Geeta
    The Di Marcos
    The Ferreiras
    Irene
    Old Peter
    The Truman brothers
    Chrissy Watts
    Trevor
    Little Mo
    Laura Beale
    Garry Hobbs
    The Moon brothers
    Syed
    Christian....

Granted not all of them quit but still, the list is endless lol....
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    [/I][/B][/I][/I]

God this Sid Owen is useless!!!! You watch, sooner or later he will make YET another return to Albert square! Talentless drip.

Barbara Windsor hasn't done much nor has Pam St Clements, but there's loads who have disappeared or flopped, there's the likes of :

Sanjay and Geeta
    The Di Marcos
    The Ferreiras
    Irene
    Old Peter
    The Truman brothers
    Chrissy Watts
    Trevor
    Little Mo
    Laura Beale
    Garry Hobbs
    The Moon brothers
    Syed
    Christian....

Eh? I'd say that a pretty huge chunk of those were still working regularly.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    [/I][/B][/I][/I]

Sanjay and Geeta
    The Di Marcos
    The Ferreiras
    Irene
    Old Peter
    The Truman brothers
    Chrissy Watts
    Trevor
    Little Mo
    Laura Beale
    Garry Hobbs
    The Moon brothers
    Syed
    Christian....

Gary Beadle (Paul Trueman) has been in loads since Eastenders he is currently in the Interceptor, he was in a film called Cockneys vs Zombies, Nicholas Bailey(Anthony Trueman) was in Doctors and Law and Order UK , Roberta Taylor (Irene) went on to the Bill, Tracey Ann Obermann (Chrissie Watts) has been busy, she has written a couple of shows for Radio 4 amongst many other things.

Just because you haven't seen them in anything doesn't mean they haven't been successful
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/I][/B][/I][/I]

Sanjay and Geeta
    The Di Marcos
    The Ferreiras
    Irene
    Old Peter
    The Truman brothers
    Chrissy Watts
    Trevor
    Little Mo
    Laura Beale
    Garry Hobbs
    The Moon brothers
    Syed
    Christian....

Tracy is always working most recently in the wonderful 'Toast of London' with Matt Berry (and she is still as hot as ever).

As far as recent soap stars go if Rob's new series 'The Frankenstein Code' becomes a success the sky really is the limit for him.

His career is well on track.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2059117/
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? I'd say that a pretty huge chunk of those were still working regularly.

Oh really?? Soz...I ain't seen them in anything, my mistake ;-)
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/I][/B][/I][/I]

Sanjay and Geeta
    The Di Marcos
    The Ferreiras
    Irene
    Old Peter
    The Truman brothers
    Chrissy Watts
    Trevor
    Little Mo
    Laura Beale
    Garry Hobbs
    The Moon brothers
    Syed
    Christian

Sorry but i don't consider 3 successful roles in theatre flopping. Marc Elliott has worked nonstop since leaving Enders. Not every has to be on tv you know.......
  • Options
    clownieclownie Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    IRITALIA wrote: »
    That would be Bill Treacher who played Arthur Fowler, :p:D

Thanks for the reply. However reading it again he describes the guy as a "cosmopolitan young man".